Ever Been In Love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Thank you

theSoulfulMofo said:
And yes, I have a pretty pessemistic view on life... but not because of my own doing.

Actually, I disagree with that completely (and now you've brought out a rant in me). The only person who truly determines how YOU look at life is YOU. It might sound clich? but it's absolutely true. Sure people might beat you down or give you cause to worry or feel bad, but it's not what someone's done to you or what's happened to you, but how you take your mistakes and misfortunes and use them to better yourself. Everyone has had misfortunes and bad times in their life.

Some might say "this time will pass" and I would agree, BUT only if you let it. Dwelling on an issue for too long will only lengthen the problems and worries caused by that issue. Trust me I know all too well. There comes a time you just need to let go and move on with your life. Otherwise you just might make your pessimistic predictions come true. If you're convinced now that you're going to live out the rest of your life without believing in anything or going after anything, then that should be a wake up call right there that something has to CHANGE in your life. And don't just wait for that change to happen. You've got to take the first step. It took me a while to realize this stuff myself, but believe me, if you don't change your ways then you might as well resign yourself to your predictions. Do you want to live out those predictions, or do you want something better? The choice is yours, and yours alone to make.

And if you honestly don't want anything in life and don't want to change your ways to avoid your pessimistic outcome, than perhaps some sort of professional counseling or therapy might help. I'm not saying that as a dismissal of your problems, but in all honesty, if you really feel as stuck in life as your posts suggest, then it might help to get a fresh perspective from someone who is professionaly trained to help you.

Oh, don?t worry, Sicy. We?re just quarrelling a little, I guess. It will be fine again soon, she has a stormy mind :lol:

I hope.

I am taking the liberty to abuse my powers and erase vicious lies

: D

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides my husband, I've been in love 4 times. Two of them were :love: and the other two were :sad: :mad: but I have no regrets...

Well, that's a lie, I do have regrets but what's done is done :shrug:

Lilly said:
:sad: yes

*runs away into corner, crawls into fetal position and weeps hard*

Awww Lily :hug: I know how hard it is when you can't be with the one you love :(

I am with the love of my life. There was one unrequited love before him, but maybe that can't even be considered love since it was one-sided. Oh well, his loss :shrug:

Yes :love: I am currently in love.

I was once before, but I lost my identity in that love/relationship. I guess it was still love. This time though.. :heart: :) :kiss:

No im only 17 though plenty of time

My parents are in love they are :kiss: :barf: Too old for that :shame: :laugh:

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
Well, that's a lie, I do have regrets but what's done is done :shrug:
i agree. i lied, it's been three times for me.

#1 i screwed up majorly, #2 i wish would've never happened, and #3 was when i finally got it right. i wish #1 and 2 had never happened. :sad:

Hmmm...you mean just liking someone or the feelings being mutual?

If it's only "liking someone", then yes. Erm 5 times, (not counting seeing random strangers and thinking they're cute) one of them right now. (I think...)

If you mean "feelings mutual", then no. Not yet.

I really really like men, I notice nice ones all the time.
I have fallen in love with 3 men, I'm married to one of them, the other two exist in my heart and mind and memory.
It is not and easy or beautiful thing every minute of every day. It can plunge you into moments of deep despair. It's up to you how much of the storm you are prepared to ride out. If the love is true, you will survive and the sun will shine again.

I have heard it called a sickness, the physical/hormonal changes that take place in your body when you first experience it. It affects your decison making...so they say. Thats' the first hot passionate kind.
If we are talking true, deep enduring love...it is mysterious, warm and wonderful.

I have a thing called a "vibometer". It goes off instantly if I meet a man who is a cad. Instantly and accurately. It also goes off, in the most pleasant way, when I am in the presence of love. I have known people are having an affair long before anyone else knew.
I also have a "spirit level". I think we all have vibometers and spirit levels.....you just have to learn to listen and use them.

good luck young lovers, where ever you be....

I was once. I'm not bitter about it though and I don't regret it because your past experience shape you into the person you are now, and I like the person that I am.
I wish I had someone to love again, I'm getting tired of being alone. :sigh:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I'm not bitter about it though and I don't regret it because your past experience shape you into the person you are now, and I like the person that I am.

Totally. I feel the same way.

Hmmm. Good point. We'll just have to rectify that.

The only digital picture I have of my wife was at the hospital after our daughter was born. I post THAT and I'm in the dog house for who knows how long.....

angel, your avatar RULES.

Uh, don't think so, thanks for reminding me.

;) I suppose I'm not quite THAT bittter....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom