even better than the real thing during the elevation tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

* MoFo *

Acrobat
was this song ever played durin the elevation tour? if so, could any please tell me in which shows it was played in and which was the best performance?

cheers

Well, it was played at the 5/16 Chicago show, and I got to hear it! Woo hoo. I was pretty excited about that. I'm not sure if it was played at any other Elevation show, though.

I saw them play it in Chicago for sure and I think Boston. I forget the dates at the moment. :silent: But I'm sure someone will post them.

This was played during the show I attended in Vancouver on Good Friday April 13th, 2001.

The boot is decent, but I think you might find a better Elevation show that contains a better boot of this song.

You probably already know this, but I'll mention it anyways-
There is a live recording of Even Better Than... on the B-side to the French limited edition Stuck cd single. This was recorded at the Man Ray in Paris during their pre-tour hype (October of 2000 I think).

The single contains- 1. Stuck 2. Big Girls Are Best 3. All I want is You (live) 4. Even Better Than... (live)

Both live tracks are taken from the same show. Great recordings.

Ok, I mixed up. I did not see it in Chitown as I was at the Mother's Day show...however, I did see it at Boston 4...the best damn show of the whole tour. :yes: June 9th. :D

I got to hear it at the April 17th show in San Diego! Unfortunately I can barely remember if it was a good version or not b/c I don't have that boot... But it was still very, very cool to hear it live. :)

i have a boot vcd Anaheim2001 , when they did great combo Gone-EvenbetterThenrealthing , where guitar of edge in the end slowly goes into ebtrt .

I was at the May 31st show in Buffalo and EBTTRT was played there. that was a pretty good version of the song and the boot is pretty good too. Check it out.

Peace.

* MoFo * said:
was this song ever played durin the elevation tour? if so, could any please tell me in which shows it was played in and which was the best performance?

cheers

i dont know but i like it...i bet u like incubus too

cheers,
Sid Cuevas

Here you go:

4-10-01 Calgary
4-12-01 Tacoma
4-13-01 Vancouver
4-17-01 San Diego
4-19-01 San Jose
4-24-01 Anaheim
5-16-01 Chicago
5-28-01 Montreal
5-31-01 Buffalo
6-9-01 Boston

EBTTRT was not play on the 2nd or 3rd legs at all.
I think I got them all, I may have missed one or two though :)

sulawesigirl4 said:
...however, I did see it at Boston 4...the best damn show of the whole tour. :yes: June 9th. :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah sis...:tongue:

And Blue Room is correct, I heard it in San Jose on April 19th, and it was an awesome surprise to hear it again...I love the song personally...however, April 20th, San Jose 2 was the best damn show of the whole tour...yes, April 20th:yes:

Chris

Back
Top Bottom