Europe/Brazil 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tarquinsuperb said:

Might it have to do with the timing of the football season? We assume Australia is going to be January and will take less than a month so that puts us at February, when I think the season restarts for most countries (although not Brazil).
Any chances of South Africa, New Zealand or Japan?

Australia's apparently causing them organisational headaches because of sport in the first few months of 2006 - Australian Open, Aussie Rules football pre-season, Commonwealth Games, et cetera. But nothing's been heard for a few weeks, so maybe they've worked out a schedule and are just sitting on it until they've decided to make an announcement.

But yeah, that's still a good point. I have no belief U2 will go to New Zealand simply due to the cost and the fact it's not overly profitable to play NZ (though if they bring the stadium show to Australia, I think they could break even by playing a single stadium gig in Wellington). I'd assume Japan's a go, though.

bazza said:
sport better not get in the way of u2!

If it's a series of matches where Australia gets flogged by New Zealand, yes it can get in the way of U2. :wink:

Axver said:

That seems strange, though. You'd think they'd play Australia and South America at the same time, to save sending the stage down to the Southern Hemisphere twice.

Unless they're planning to play arenas in Australia and stadiums in South America ... :hmm:

I agree whith you, why would they come to Australia, Japan, Europe and S. America? It's easier to go to Japan, Australia and S. America, or would be Australia, Japan, Oriental Europe, and after S. America? Don't make sense.
Maybe Summer Europe Stadiums or Spring Europe in Arenas? Here i 'm sure that would be in stadiums. Australia i think in stadiums too.

shy said:

There's a pic in "Jornal do Comércio", and my friend that worked at Globo TV in 2000, and helped the fan clubs to go to Projac, contacted Preta Gil last week to ask her about the Bonos and Gilberto Gil meeting, and she told him that Bono said that they are coming here after Europe 2006.
jc_27_05_bono.jpg

:hyper: :applaud: :rockon:

If they play Mexico and S. America, they will also play some dates in the US. I know that upsets some people but it is likely true.

andyuk said:
i reckon it might be an indoor tour for europe in march/april time
hey Andy, what makes you think it could be an indoor tour for Europe in March/April??
..just curious..
I would love it though.. :drool:

U2Achtung:

""Les techniciens qui travaillent sur le Vertigo Tour sont engagés par le promoteur de la tournée sur contrat (= une tournée).
Et récemment, le promoteur leur a proposé un nouveau contrat pour une nouvelle tournée européenne de U2 l'été prochain pour 54 dates en salle. "

Well, more or less is about people from U2achtung have talk with some tour technichs and they have told them about a new inddor european tour next spring-summer in 54 arenas.

Some U2 concerts in Brasil next year would be a dream come true to so many fans here...I hope all these rumours turn into reality in the next few months. Meanwhile, I´m going to Toronto. I barely can wait till September 12th.
:)
MT

Neilz said:

8 shows in the UK is enough considering Spain only get's 2... I think U2 will play all over Europe once again, but will take countries that were left out the 2nd leg too...

Spain gets three.

Barcelona, San Sebastian and Madrid.

Oh, and some 95.000 tickets are sold for the Barcelona show. They're well treated :)

Anyway, world tour could happen, but I don't (dare to) think that they'll return next year.

VertigoGal said:
I just noticed, Bono's not wearing sunglasses in that pic! :shocked:

:hyper:

It's actually amazing how much he wears sunglasses this time around, if you look at the Elevation DVD's compared to now....

He played without sunglasses for 4-5 songs maybe?

Not much more I think...

mmm... then it could be a DREAM YEAR over here...

Pearl Jam (almost sure) in November

The Rolling Stones (99%, only the date is what we're waiting) in February

U2 in March/April?... let's hope

I really hope they do ti like that, I mean, Australia, Japan, South America, Europe...

And I'm sure, positive, the only reason U2 are touring in Europe again is to play in Wembley Stadium.

all I say to you, Axver, BrazilianFly, Naimh... BELIEVE...

that's my motto for this year, and so far, so good...

I BELIEVE... say it

I BELIEVE :yes:

I BELIEVE

DignityPassesBy said:
Originally posted by Axver

Hmmm pity that won't happen though isnt it Axver ... especially by any team from New Zealand

They're called the All Blacks and they're coming to stomp Australia's pathetic arse in the Bledisloe.

pepokiss said:

I BELIEVE... say it

I BELIEVE

I BELIEVE!

And there better be no-one beLIEving! :mad: :wink:

pepokiss said:
mmm... then it could be a DREAM YEAR over here...

Pearl Jam (almost sure) in November

The Rolling Stones (99%, only the date is what we're waiting) in February

U2 in March/April?... let's hope

I really hope they do ti like that, I mean, Australia, Japan, South America, Europe...

And I'm sure, positive, the only reason U2 are touring in Europe again is to play in Wembley Stadium.

I BELIEVE... say it

I BELIEVE

Anyone knows if Pearl Jam is coming to Europe ??? Pleaseeeee

DignityPassesBy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i havent laughed like since i last saw New Zealand lose to Australia in the world cup semi final

Who just lost to South Africa? Australia.

Who just demolished the British Lions? New Zealand.

Face it. Australia's about to lose. Then who'll be laughing, huh? Certainly not you convicts.

This is the authorities. Cut it people. It's getting childish, and you will think so too if you close your eyes for 2 minutes and read through it again.

Hmm your right Axver we did lose but New Zealand always seem to choke when they play Australia ... we smashed you in cricket lsat summer (much like we're going to be doing/have done to England in the ashes) and we're going to beat you at rugby .... oh by the way you can't beat us at rugby league either ...

DignityPassesBy said:
Hmm your right Axver we did lose but New Zealand always seem to choke when they play Australia ... we smashed you in cricket lsat summer (much like we're going to be doing/have done to England in the ashes) and we're going to beat you at rugby .... oh by the way you can't beat us at rugby league either ...

League is watered-down rugby. Cricket ... ehhh ... RUGBY! And we choke when we play Australia?! Excuse me? Who's got the Bledisloe Cup right now? Oh yeah, New Zealand. Who kicked your arse 51-20 in Sydney in a recent Bledisloe? Oh yeah, New Zealand.

Come August 14, I'm fairly confident NZ will still be holding the Bledisloe.

:hmm: hmm... after the Milan shows, the city of Turin presented Bono with honorary citizenship, and in that occasion he said U2 are definitely going to play there very soon... I know Bono talks a lot, but... it looks like they will play in Ancona, too (quite likely, actually)... :hyper:
I hope this is all going to turn out true... :hug:

I guess South America and Eastern Europe deserve to see U2 live much more than we do, though :yes:

Back
Top Bottom