Europe/Brazil 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2tours.com has this posted in their "news" section.

Brazil / Europe 2006

July 27, 2005
Brazil's Jornal de Commercio ran a short story today showing a photo of Bono meeting with Culture Minister (and singer) Gilberto Gil, and reporting that Bono told Gil U2 will play Brazil in 2006 after the band plays in Europe. The article also says Bono would like Gil to join the band on stage. (Thx GG and LM)

Before Winnipeg, but after they play in my backgarden.

(I'm even planning on cutting the grass for them)

WildHoneyAlways said:
Yes, as we all know, Bono says a lot of things....:blahblah:

To be fair, Larry said the same thing on Italian TV. Back to Europe - after that, Australia.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Yes, as we all know, Bono says a lot of things....:blahblah:

:up: :lmao:

Yep,

:bono: = :blahblah:¨

That blahblah smilie should have a pair of red sunglasses on....

Last edited:
U2girl said:

To be fair, Larry said the same thing on Italian TV. Back to Europe - after that, Australia.

It would be cool to see them back in Europe next year taking, but seeing is believing.....
We'll see about it..

Just come to Australia and New Zealand.

That's all I ask.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE if they came back to Europe next summer (assuming of course that they won't forget to come back to Ireland for a decent ammount of gigs)!! :up:

OMG WHAT ABOUT THE US!!!! U2 IS LIKE TOTALLY IGNORING US BY GOING TO BRAZIL!!!! AND Y ARE THEY GOING TO EUROPE AGAIN!!!! THEY ARLEADY WENT THERE!!!!!!1

...oh wait :wink:

mmmm. NOW i'm getting excited, what if they do an achtung baby - zootv - zooropa - zooropa tour kinda thing???

they'll wrap up north america in december then take six months off, and then tour again in europe in the summer with a slightly different show, and then, Latin America (fingers crossed) and down under.

would n't it be cool to get an early album in june? maybe stuff that almost got finished? kinda like mercy????

please please please please

I say skip the US and Europe and play the rest of the world! South America, Australia, NZ, Asia, Africa!

U2girl said:

:hmm: unless things have changed completely I doubt Australia would be AFTER Europe. Australia is probebly next after the third leg. They will want to play Australia when it isnt winter there most likely and if they went to Europe first they probebly wouldnt make it to Australia until at the earliest Sept/Oct 2006. I dont think they plan to be on the road up until then. I would say the tour ends in August 06. All the rumors about Australia seem to point to Jan or Feb 2006 which makes more sense really.

I guess we will wait and see. I hope the S. American fans get them, they certainly deserve it. But I will definately believe that one when it gets announced. Until then, I'm sort of skeptical about it. It is definately more feasible this tour than it was Elevation though.

Blue Room said:

:hmm: unless things have changed completely I doubt Australia would be AFTER Europe. Australia is probebly next after the third leg. They will want to play Australia when it isnt winter there most likely and if they went to Europe first they probebly wouldnt make it to Australia until at the earliest Sept/Oct 2006. I dont think they plan to be on the road up until then. I would say the tour ends in August 06. All the rumors about Australia seem to point to Jan or Feb 2006 which makes more sense really.

I guess we will wait and see. I hope the S. American fans get them, they certainly deserve it. But I will definately believe that one when it gets announced. Until then, I'm sort of skeptical about it. It is definately more feasible this tour than it was Elevation though.

Now that I think about it, I think he said Australia first and Europe later :yes:

I think they will go to Australia/New Zealand/Japan in Jan/Feb 2006, then S. America and Mexico in March/April. (though I have read also March/April 2006 rumours for Australia. who knows?)

Maybe Europe in the summer. (I still can't believe it they will come back till I see it announced. and if they do, I hope they play Eastern and Southern Europe for once)

U2girl said:

I think they will go to Australia/New Zealand/Japan in Jan/Feb 2006,

I would love to see them in Japan. I have been to concerts in China and if the Japanese crowds are similar to the Chinese then its a quite a trip.

U2girl said:

Maybe Europe in the summer. (I still can't believe it they will come back till I see it announced. and if they do, I hope they play Eastern and Southern Europe for once)

It would be cool to have u2 back in Europe.. :drool: ...there were rumours about a show in Budapest in 2006..
Moreover, cities like Prague, Helsinki, Athens, Tel Aviv were'nt played this time.

If you think of it: UK and Ireland got about one-third of all European shows this, add the three Amsterdam shows and you're at about 40 % of this year's European shows in three countries (Okay, five countries; Wales and Scotland)..

I remember Paul McGuinness saying at Zooropa: "we've underplayed Europe for years" ... Compared to the US, Yes, Europe has been underplayed, compared to the rest of the world, No.... :)

wtonis said:
It would be cool to have u2 back in Europe.. :drool: ...there were rumours about a show in Budapest in 2006..
Moreover, cities like Prague, Helsinki, Athens, Tel Aviv were'nt played this time.

If you think of it: UK and Ireland got about one-third of all European shows this, add the three Amsterdam shows and you're at about 40 % of this year's European shows in three countries (Okay, five countries; Wales and Scotland)..

I remember Paul McGuinness saying at Zooropa: "we've underplayed Europe for years" ... Compared to the US, Yes, Europe has been underplayed, compared to the rest of the world, No.... :)
But I can't imagine U2 doing a European leg without visiting the UK and Holland really...

I think that they will play the UK again next year -

England only got 4 shows, wales 1, Scotland 1 and Ireland 4
Not many for the masses who wanted to see U2 this year -

I was at Twickenham and it was clear from how much people we paying touts for tickets that demand was competley outwaying the number of tickets avalible.

I cannot wait for next year - having said that if they don't play the UK again and only play Europe - well I hear Europe is lovely to visit!!!!!!!!

Lisa

lisa2004 said:
I think that they will play the UK again next year -

England only got 4 shows, wales 1, Scotland 1 and Ireland 4
Not many for the masses who wanted to see U2 this year -

I was at Twickenham and it was clear from how much people we paying touts for tickets that demand was competley outwaying the number of tickets avalible.

I cannot wait for next year - having said that if they don't play the UK again and only play Europe - well I hear Europe is lovely to visit!!!!!!!!Lisa
8 shows in the UK is enough considering Spain only get's 2... I think U2 will play all over Europe once again, but will take countries that were left out the 2nd leg too...

my bet is they aare just going to stop after dcember and everyone will be pissed.:|

Back
Top Bottom