ER - Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was really, really good. The story was masterfully written, all these guest stars' appearances didn't feel contrived at all, they all felt natural. All of the storylines were beautifully woven together.

Dr. Benton was badass as always - practically the first words he says to his friend the first time he sees him in seven years were "you look ridiculous, Carter" :lol: You could feel the bond between Carter and Benton, though. Benton cared enough sit in on the surgery, and then in typical Benton-fashion, he upstaged the operating surgeon. He was also the first old-school character that Carter has been able to interact with since returning to Chicago, and I got the sense that Carter was more comfortable talking to him about stuff than he was with anyone currently at County. Good that they didn't mess with Benton's personal life either...still with Cleo, no problems with his son, Reese.

Clooney and Margulies were great too. I'm sure everyone's relieved that they were kept together. They painted the ultimate happy picture...still married, still in love, still raising 'the girls'. Their storyline was beautifully interwoven with the Carter storyline and the storyline about the mother at county. Great stuff. I liked Dr. Ross asking Neela and Sam about the older characters - Weaver, Lewis(who herself is supposed to be back for an episode before it's all over), Benton, Anspaugh, and Neela and Sam not knowing who Lewis or Benton were, and then Ross not knowing who Pratt was. Nice job of highlighting multiple eras of the show. A little wink-wink stuff going on at the end, too, with Carol telling Doug that the kidney went to 'some doctor', not knowing that she was talking about Carter, whom both she and Doug knew well.

Susan Sarandon might get an emmy nomination for best guest appearance for this episode. She was masterful in the role of the grandmother having to pull the plug on her grandson with mother nowhere in sight.

Great episode. In fact, this would've been a pretty good final episode.

Looks like Neela's leaving early next week, and Abbey is back? Will Kovac be back? Looking forward to Sherry Stringfield's return(I think she's coming back).

it was ok. I watched it for Dr Ross but was pleasantly surprised with the Carter/Benson storyline. I haven't watched the show in a few years so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was a little disappointed they didn't have more for Dr Ross. I thought it was going to be a full show with him. But I guess I should look at it as at least George Clooney agreed to do the show and we got to see where life took 4 old timers from when I used to watch it.

Ditto to everything that you said, namkcuR. :up:

I haven't watched the show in years (stopped watching religiously after Carter left), so I had no clue who most of the people were. I remember being a freshman in university (1998), and all of us would pile into one of the communal lounges to watch together. I had watched the show from the very beginning, but it was nice to find so many fans of the show once I went to university.

So nice to see all the original characters again. :heart: I'll definitely be watching the last 3 episodes.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier... I don't know if I wasn't hearing this right or not, but Carol mispronounced Spokane (It's actually pronounced Spo-can). :tsk: You think someone would have done their research right, and figured out the proper way to say the city's name. It's not like it's some hick town in the middle of nowhere - it's a decent sized city in WA.

*nitpicky* :lol:

Great episode :heart:

Memories :sad:

I thought it was really good. And I totally spaced on that being Susan Sarandon...I guess she'll always be Annie Savoy to me. And Eriq LaSalle was awesome.

Wow what a show last night. I know when the final show is aired, I would definitely be shedding some tears. :sad: I have been watching this show from day one. I have only missed one episode ever.

That was a great episode. One question, how come Ross didn't ask about Carter when he was talking to Neela?

The end was great too, Doug and Carol's theme and the kidney went to some doctor in Chicago

yes that was a great show for sure.. I am hoping the Ross and hathaway reunite with carter, benton somehow without coming off as too cheesy.

and the scene with carter calling kim.. I broke up on that one..

I think NBC.com has full eps, they promo it after every episode "now watch full eps of ER".

That was so cool seing Abby again. It was sorta weird Neela going to see Ray. Kinda confusing. But she's about ready to have her baby in real life so that's why they've written her character off already. If it weren't the end of the show as we know it I wonder if she would just be gone temporarily?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom