End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cinnaminson said:
I'm not too bad at navigating when I'm by myself. I map out the route the night before, make notes and keep the Melways on standby.

I like to yell at other drivers though:mad:

I abuse other drivers from my navigator's seat. :up:

Varitek said:

that's weird. i generally get into a car nervous, relax immediately if i actually know wehre i'm going, or remain nervous if i'm following unknown directions, particularly confusing ones.

i'm also a little nervous on the highway as i'm bad at changing lanes, again, inexperience.

Usually it's weather or the thought of highways or lunatics that alarm me.

I'm always more relaxed than if my dad is driving. Fuck, i've come close to writing my last will and testament in the car with him.

coolian2 said:

Ahhh! Fuck, i hate insects. A big factor for why i was so happy to move back to New Zealand in 1997.

i am weird about bugs. i don't mind mice at all really, or lizards or other little critters. bugs kinda gross me out. my boyfriend had a huge beetle in his room the other day and killed it with a shoe and left it there (it had fallen on top of the ledge above the closet door). i was sooo grossed out, i could hear it crunch, and he asked how i survived living in africa....but that wasn't a 1st world country, so i just adjusted my expectations i guess. and was still a little grossed out.

coolian2 said:

I'm always more relaxed than if my dad is driving. Fuck, i've come close to writing my last will and testament in the car with him.

My Grandad's driving scares me shitless. He's the kind of guy who abuses other drivers for being fucking useless while turning right at a no-right-turn.

coolian2 said:

i've rarely driven in bad weather, maybe a little rain on the way to my piano lesson 5 minutes away or a little snow over winter break but again not going far.

my parents are both very good drivers, though my nervous mother still sometimes winces and pedals the break from the passenger seat with my other mother....a habit i've acquired when a few friends drive.

i drove when coming down from being drunk once, but i hadn't had that much to drink, it had been 1.5-2 hours, and i'd had lots of water and some food. i was slightly buzzed but it was in my neighborhood and i didn't have a problem.

Varitek said:

i've rarely driven in bad weather, maybe a little rain on the way to my piano lesson 5 minutes away or a little snow over winter break but again not going far.

my parents are both very good drivers, though my nervous mother still sometimes winces and pedals the break from the passenger seat with my other mother....a habit i've acquired when a few friends drive.

Torrential rain, it's great fun.

My dad thinks i lose any common sense as soon as i get behind the wheel. A few weeks ago i was behind a car at a roundabout, and it went so i slowly rolled forward to take it's place, and he fucking freaked out.

Axver said:

My Grandad's driving scares me shitless. He's the kind of guy who abuses other drivers for being fucking useless while turning right at a no-right-turn.

my grandfather's 90. he drives despite starting to lose it physically and being a shitty shitty driver who's totalled 3-4 cars in my lifetime, because my grandmother has bad bad eyesight. he scares the living shit out of me, i swear last time i almost asked for the keys. it's white knuckle kind of driving. 8 years ago i went to visit them alone and on the way back from the airport he almost missed his exit, he was in the center lane (it was a left exit, one he'd driven 1000s of times) and veered a lane over towards it, of course hitting a car. then he said a lot of words i'd never heard him say, then was embarrassed he'd said them in front of me...it was all very awkward. my grandmother and i agreed not to tell my parents about that, which i didn't for like 6 years!

I'm the kind of driver who said he was great at it and then proceeded to get in an accident.

coolian2 said:

Torrential rain, it's great fun.

My dad thinks i lose any common sense as soon as i get behind the wheel. A few weeks ago i was behind a car at a roundabout, and it went so i slowly rolled forward to take it's place, and he fucking freaked out.

there's this one roundabout (we call them rotaries) that i always almost crash into if i'm driving back from this one neighborhood where i have a few friends and it's dark. it's just invisible when it's dark, and there's no other cars on it at night. i've always seen trees coming at me and veered right in the nick of time.

Varitek said:

my grandfather's 90. he drives despite starting to lose it physically and being a shitty shitty driver who's totalled 3-4 cars in my lifetime, because my grandmother has bad bad eyesight. he scares the living shit out of me, i swear last time i almost asked for the keys. it's white knuckle kind of driving. 8 years ago i went to visit them alone and on the way back from the airport he almost missed his exit, he was in the center lane (it was a left exit, one he'd driven 1000s of times) and veered a lane over towards it, of course hitting a car. then he said a lot of words i'd never heard him say, then was embarrassed he'd said them in front of me...it was all very awkward. my grandmother and i agreed not to tell my parents about that, which i didn't for like 6 years!

TAKE HIS KEYS OR STEAL THE CAR BEFORE HE KILLS SOMEONE

phillyfan26 said:
I'm the kind of driver who said he was great at it and then proceeded to get in an accident.

do you have your license yet? what was the accident?

btw i mentioned peace a pizza in the last thread - ever been? :drool:

Varitek said:

do you have your license yet? what was the accident?

btw i mentioned peace a pizza in the last thread - ever been? :drool:

I've had my license for almost six months. One month into it I hit a car pulling out of a parking lot exit. My car sustained little damage, just a hole in the bumper, but the other one had a large imprint of my car in its side.

I miss Ross Noble. He should be a permanent fixture on Good News Week.

cinnaminson said:

TAKE HIS KEYS OR STEAL THE CAR BEFORE HE KILLS SOMEONE

i know. we try to avoid letting them drive, but only one of the kids lives near them. the ridiculous thing is, they have tons of money, years of working after their kids left the nest plus he's great at investing. more than enough money to hire a driver, even a local kid a few afternoons a week, to avoid DEATH and not chip into the inheritance. mostly it's him driving to the metro station and back for my grandmother to go to work in the city (she's like 84 and still works) but still he's none too swift.

when i visit, he always wants to pick me up at union station downtown, and i always refuse to tell him exactly when my train gets in and just meet him at the local metro station.

phillyfan26 said:

I've had my license for almost six months. One month into it I hit a car pulling out of a parking lot exit. My car sustained little damage, just a hole in the bumper, but the other one had a large imprint of my car in its side.

the female version of you pulled out of a parking lot into my mother's car a few weeks ago! my mom swerved and sped up so it hit the back seat and not where my sister was sitting, and she said she couldn't even get mad cause the girl was like 17 and started crying and shaking.

Varitek said:
the female version of you pulled out of a parking lot into my mother's car a few weeks ago! my mom swerved and sped up so it hit the back seat and not where my sister was sitting, and she said she couldn't even get mad cause the girl was like 17 and started crying and shaking.

The lady I hit didn't have a kid in the car, though there was an empty baby seat. Yeah, that's still not fun to think about.

Varitek said:
peefan - peace a pizza. if you haven't been, go there. now. before school.

You recommend it?

I think I know of a couple locations, though I've never gone.

Oh God, GNW!

Our land is girt by
A). Sea
B). Eh?
C). Bees

:lmao:

mysterious_jen said:

that was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I also loved:

A wombat is:
A). A marsupial
B). An implement for playing Wom