End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:
I have to confess that I have been thinking about the cute librarian a lot. Could knowing that she is out of reach be driving me on to like her even more?

It's possible. When I was in high school I was in love with a girl. She had no idea. I found out she was dating someone. It made me want her more. Then, it stopped very suddenly when I was at a party and heard them having sex.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, although she's been eating less today. she almost fell asleep at her desk, but who cares. we were slow. i'm not gonna rat anyone out for that. besides, when her phone did ring, she answered it.

You should have flicked ice at her.

Screwtape2 said:
I have to confess that I have been thinking about the cute librarian a lot. Could knowing that she is out of reach be driving me on to like her even more?

quite possibly, this is a common phenomenon

the tourist said:

You don't have iTunes?

I do, but songs I purchase on iTunes come in the protected format, and iTunes doesn't let me convert it to normal MP3.

phillyfan26 said:

If I get a good MP3 converter, I'll send you some albums.

I also need to send out Springsteen's newest album when I get a chance.

Magic, is it? I think I just dl'd it.

What's Bowie's called?

And yes, Magic is his most recent one. I consider it one of his finest. Born to Run being the crown jewel.

Still need to upload the remastered Born to Run for Screwtape.

phillyfan26 said:

I do, but songs I purchase on iTunes come in the protected format, and iTunes doesn't let me convert it to normal MP3.

Although the selection isn't quite as wide and it's not quite as one-click, amazon.com offers unprotected mp3s for .89-.99 cents

phillyfan26 said:

Burn it to a cd and re-import it. That's why I use amazon mp3. No drm. Or itunes plus. No drm on that, either.

Amazon, for the most part, is much better. And it automatically adds the songs to your iTunes library.

the tourist said:

Burn it to a cd and re-import it. That's why I use amazon mp3. No drm. Or itunes plus. No drm on that, either.

That's a big project, re-importing all my tracks. I'm probably doing that this summer.

the tourist said:
You should have flicked ice at her.
that would've required me getting a drink. i've been thirsty all afternoon but too lazy to go to the break room.

anyway, it's time for me to leave (past time actually but i had to help someone) so i'll be back in a few :wave:

phillyfan26 said:

That's a big project, re-importing all my tracks. I'm probably doing that this summer.

Ahh. I see. Well, for future reference, use amazon. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

that would've required me getting a drink. i've been thirsty all afternoon but too lazy to go to the break room.

anyway, it's time for me to leave (past time actually but i had to help someone) so i'll be back in a few :wave:

I'll be gone for sure when you return. :wave:

Does Amazon have a system like iTunes cards? Because I don't have a credit card and can't use Amazon.

Oh shit, that's right. I bet there is. You should look into getting a debit card from your bank.

My parents won't allow me a debit card. They try to keep me from using the bank since the money's main goal is college tuition.

phillyfan26 said:
Does Amazon have a system like iTunes cards? Because I don't have a credit card and can't use Amazon.

you can get amazon gift certificates and use those, i believe. i assume you use a parent's cc to stock up on money and pay them back? you should be able to do that on amazon.

phillyfan26 said:
My parents won't allow me a debit card. They try to keep me from using the bank since the money's main goal is college tuition.

That sucks. It's too bad you can't have a seperate checking account, solely for buying music online. :lol:

Varitek said:

ok i was a little confused. as i didn't think they were still making music. but too lazy to wikipedia.

Yeah, Bowie's not made an album in five years, unfortunately.

Magic is a good album. Gypsy Biker and Long Walk Home are my two favorite tracks.

When do you turn 18, PFan? Make sure you get a debit card when you do. See, I rarely use mine, but for buying shit online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom