Elbow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne rulz

the tourist said:
:huh:

If those are your only two certainties, you must really hate Elbow.

I should have added a :wink: at the end... I found the album to be extremely boring, but I was exaggerating with that post.

I love Melbourne, I have absolutely no issue at all with SA, WA and Tassie, but Sydney is just an unfortunate place to be in from my experiences. Ghastly, ghastly city.

I should have added a :wink: at the end... I found the album to be extremely boring, but I was exaggerating with that post.

Well, it's arguably the worst thing they've ever done. Why you would have listened to it, and not anything else in their catalog first, I have no idea.

I love Melbourne, I have absolutely no issue at all with SA, WA and Tassie, but Sydney is just an unfortunate place to be in from my experiences. Ghastly, ghastly city.

Fair 'nuff, I haven't been there in years other than the airport, where I had a nice kebab.

And uh, yeah. Elbow's pretty good. Haven't they always been middle-aged, though?

Yeah come on Elbow! I've only seen them as openers at an open air concert, it was excellent but the atmosphere sucked since most of the crowd was just talking and didn't know who they were.

I hope it gets expanded. This is ridiculous.

U.S.A. And Canada Autumn Tour Announced

by Elbow on Monday, 13 June 2011 at 11:30

It's the news you've all been waiting for - Elbow have just confirmed a string of dates across the U.S.A. and Canada.

This autumn the band will be playing shows in Atlanta, Washington, New York, Boston, Toronto and L.A. - we hope to see you there.

The dates go onsale throughout the coming week, keep checking elbow.co.uk, the band's Facebook and the Elbow Twitter for ticket links.

Plus - don't forget that already announced is the band's appearance at Austin City Limits on September 18th.

Here's how the tour shapes up:

September 18th:
ACL Festival, Austin, TX, U.S.A.
(On Sale Now - Buy Tickets)

September 20th:
Center Stage, Atlanta, GA, U.S.A.
(On Sale June 17th)

September 22nd:
9:30 Club, Washington, DC, U.S.A.
(On Sale June 16th)

September 25th:
Terminal 5, New York, NY, U.S.A.
(On Sale June 17th)

September 26th:
Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, U.S.A.
(On Sale June 18th)

September 28th:
Sound Academy, Toronto, ON, Canada
(On Sale June 18th)

October 1st:
The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
(On Sale June 18th)

Yeah, if they don't add another west coast date (i.e., anything outside of CA), I'm going to be pretty peeved.

But watch, they'll add something, and it'll be before October 1 .... WHEN I'M STILL IN IRELAND.

Yeah, I know local bands that go on tours with far more than 7 shows. Hopefully more is added.

Regardless, it's cool they'll be on Austin City Limits.

I keep forgetting to mention that the morning DJ on the indie station here plays Elbow from time to time, and she mistakenly called the album, "Let's Build a Rocket, Boy!" a week or so ago, which made me laugh much more than it should have.

Argh the list of bands grows, The Lips, NIN, Porcupine Tree and now Elbow playing Terminal Dive in NYC, in my experience the worst midsized venue in the city, sightlines non,

Guy, come on... Roseland, Hammerstein, no..?

Argh the list of bands grows, The Lips, NIN, Porcupine Tree and now Elbow playing Terminal Dive in NYC, in my experience the worst midsized venue in the city, sightlines non,

Guy, come on... Roseland, Hammerstein, no..?

I can't imply how much I agree with you on this.

Absolutely terrible venue. The drinks either taste awful or are incredibly watered-down. Staff and security are rude and unhelpful. It takes forever to leave. Oh, and it's just unimpressive as an actual physical building. No style at all.

Yet, I've been there more than any other venue. Saw LCD Soundsystem, Crystal Castles, The National, She & Him, Metric, Florence, and NIN there. Now I'll wind up seeing Elbow there as well. It's mainly cause Terminal 5 pays for their own security and staff. So it cuts way down on the band's fees. It's some sort of financial situation like that.

I love the Greek. I wish the parking situation were a bit better but as far as the actual venue goes....it has a very magical feel to me, much more so than the Bowl.

Elbow + The Greek = :drool: x infinity

I'm glad you'll be there, perhaps our paths will cross. :)

I love the Greek. I wish the parking situation were a bit better but as far as the actual venue goes....it has a very magical feel to me, much more so than the Bowl.

Elbow + The Greek = :drool: x infinity

I'm glad you'll be there, perhaps our paths will cross. :)

Yeah, that would be cool. Will you be at the Anaheim shows? I'll be in GA line all day Friday.

Oh, and Radiohead at The Greek in '06 on the pre-IR tour was MAGICAL!

I was going to mention seeing Radiohead at the Greek but didn't want to rub it in, in case you weren't there. :)

That show was amazing indeed. I saw REM there, as well as a surprisingly amazing sounding John Fogerty. Maybe 1-2 other shows as well, I forget.

I'll be at both Anaheim shows. I won't be arriving until Friday evening, but will be staying overnight between 1 and 2. I'm hoping to at least say "hi" to some of you guys over the weekend.

I can't imply how much I agree with you on this.

Absolutely terrible venue. The drinks either taste awful or are incredibly watered-down. Staff and security are rude and unhelpful. It takes forever to leave. Oh, and it's just unimpressive as an actual physical building. No style at all.

Yet, I've been there more than any other venue. Saw LCD Soundsystem, Crystal Castles, The National, She & Him, Metric, Florence, and NIN there. Now I'll wind up seeing Elbow there as well. It's mainly cause Terminal 5 pays for their own security and staff. So it cuts way down on the band's fees. It's some sort of financial situation like that.

..plus the view and having to watch a LIVE gig happening there on HD TV screens for the poor souls who aren't eight feet. We saw the last but one NIN NY show there in 2009 and it pissed me off for such an event we spent so much time trying to find a good spot to watch and the music became a soundtrack to our frustration... also I think it was "oversold"..

Fortunately we also saw the previous Holmdel gig which was an awesome night.. but T5, we vowed never again, hope it works out better for you.

The Paradies? O. M. G. Thank you so much Elbow, it'll be a real pleasure to get to see them in such an intimate environment having only seen them outdoors as an opener before.

I typically just dump my car somewhere in the neighborhood adjacent to BU when I go to the Paradise, or hop on the green line depending on where I am prior to showtime. That Paradise is so much easier to go to when school is out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom