Edge and Dallas in the Studio!!!! The story of the guitar BBC...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice find. I watched bits of the first episode on Sunday night on BBC1. Think its a 3 parter. Mysterious Ways sounds crap on the Rickenbacker. I think edge would get closer to the album sound with a gibson. The Ricky is too toney. More bass depth with the Gibson.
Sack Dallas....employ gman MrTheEdge2U!

Nice find. I watched bits of the first episode on Sunday night on BBC1. Think its a 3 parter. Mysterious Ways sounds crap on the Rickenbacker. I think edge would get closer to the album sound with a gibson. The Ricky is too toney. More bass depth with the Gibson.
Sack Dallas....employ gman MrTheEdge2U!

no
dallas is the man

But...But...But......Edge had to tell Dallas there was something wrong with the Fly settings....I heard it before the two of em! Surley that counts for something.

I've watched this numerous times, great :applaud:

Does anybody know when this was filmed?

Btw, I just have to say, that WOWY snippet is fucking awesome :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sack Dallas....employ gman MrTheEdge2U![/

Actually, throughout the Zoo TV tour, Edge used the Rickenbacker for Myserious Ways.

for some reason i really loved it too... Dallas buzzing around The Edge, knowing more about the guitars! All the settings and sounds, it's just amazing to see this studio too, with the river outside. It feels really intimate and, i dunno, human... Love the smile after the fly too... It's like he just knows!

As an aside is anybody familiar with the gig at radio city hall where edge breaks his guitar??

Suppose its Dallas's job to know more about the guitar settings.
Love the edge :hyper:

great johnny marr reference! very surprised actually...never thought of a U2/Smiths alliance although both dominated the UK scene in the 80s...now THAT would have been something. wonder what bono and morrissey think of each other...

Morrissey quipped, "I noticed in the newspapers that in a lyrical competition Bono did better than me. He's really nice, but really?"
:D

I was at HQ a few years ago and talking to Bono about Morrissey who had played in Dublin the previous night.. he leaned his head back, closed his eyes took a deep breath through his nose and said slowly, "Steven Patrick Morrissey!".. "we LOVE him".. and then came back to life and said, "he's Irish you know"...

(apologies for the shameless namedropping)

Morrissey quipped, "I noticed in the newspapers that in a lyrical competition Bono did better than me. He's really nice, but really?"
:D

that is SO morrissey...

it seems to me that there would be more similarities than differences between the members of U2 and the smiths- common working class backgrounds in relatively gritty neighborhoods, experiencing loss during teen years, coming of age at the same time period in the same culture, etc....I guess some of the same experiences that ultimately found expression in thought provoking lyrics and really emotional music.

I can only hope that the smiths reunite to open on the Horizon tour!
keep dreaming...

I enjoyed the two videos quite a bit, the first one was interesting.

The second one was great, especially hearing The Fly on that "acoustic" like guitar. :wink:

(I really know nothing about guitars.)

Edge is really a nice person as seen in the videos. Calm and relaxed and all.

Back
Top Bottom