Dungog, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, this is awesome.

"Brokencyde has been universally panned by critics. Metal Edge magazine has called Brokencyde "fucking horrendous". "Thrash Magazine" has called them "a mockery to the world of music". Cracked.com contributor Michael Swaim said the band sounded like "a Slipknot-Cher duet". British commentator Warren Ellis calls Brokencyde's "FreaXXX" music video "a near-perfect snapshot of everything that’s shit about this point in the culture".

The New Musical Express stated in a review of I'm Not a Fan, But the Kids Like It!, that "even if I caught Prince Harry and Gary Glitter adorned in Nazi regalia defecating through my grandmother’s letterbox I would still consider making them listen to this album too severe a punishment.""

John McDonnell, writing for The Guardian, said that crunkcore "sounds like a Chamillionaire track performed by a teenage Slipknot tribute band." He closed the article with "Oh God. I've suddenly come to my fucking senses. What was I thinking? [Crunkcore] is the worst thing to happen to music since Katie Melua's "Nine Million Bicycles" in Beijing.""

Further to this, Dot Dot Curve's album Your Ears Will Bleeping Bleed is the Hiroshima and Nagasaki of music.

Horrible Music Hour is the best thing ever and you all know it. Endless lulz. (Except for the agony of Dot Dot Curve.)

We also need you to give Coldplay a chance.

Oh wait, you gave Rush of Blood one star about two years ago.

I'd like to read U-Wen's critique once the show's over. :wink:

Whatever it is, it can't be worse than James Cameron's "Oh Shit I Found A Grave With Common Jewish Names On It, And Want To Cash In On The Dan Brown Conspiracy Theory Craze!"

Whatever it is, it can't be worse than James Cameron's "Oh Shit I Found A Grave With Common Jewish Names On It, And Want To Cash In On The Dan Brown Conspiracy Theory Craze!"

WHY have we not yet got Alison or Charlotte to film us critiquing the religion section of a bookshop?

Such a piss-off that's not on No Come Down. I need to get my arse around to downloading the single ...

Wait. All In The Mind hasn't actually ever been on an album, bar the singles compilation album?

Ah the hell, it's brilliant.

Heh, for the lulz, I went back and found the review I wrote of the "documentary" when I first saw it back in August 07:

My concluding paragraphs:

All in all, the documentary was based on sloppy half-truths without the academic credentials to back it up. The manner in which the people "excavated" the Talpiot tomb was simply atrocious and showed no regard to authority, preservation of the sanctity of the tomb or indeed any consideration at all - most unprofessional for supposedly trained professional archaeologists.

Add to that their sensationalist claims, lack of proper solid evidence to counteract the historical proof that is contained within the canon Gospels, the mixed languages used in the tombs, the lack of consideration of the possibility that they might be wrong and the outlandish connections they made to other ossuaries and tombs, and you have yourself an atrocious documentary founded purely on self-generated controversy without solid proof or real substance, made purely and simply for money and media hype. Let's hope nothing that bad surfaces again.

It actually is quite interesting, reminding us all that Jesus was a Jew, and that baptism was a Jewish ritual, and Jesus was talking to Jews as a Jew, and all this stuff.

Wait. All In The Mind hasn't actually ever been on an album, bar the singles compilation album?

Ah the hell, it's brilliant.

Nope, it was a non-album single from the same era as the Verve EP and A Storm In Heaven album, and it wasn't included on the 1994 odds-and-sods collection No Come Down either. And I've never acquired the singles compilation because it's otherwise of no use to me.

Keep meaning to download the single to get All In The Mind and its b-side One Way To Go ... never got around to it. Doing that now though.

Nope, it was a non-album single from the same era as the Verve EP and A Storm In Heaven album, and it wasn't included on the 1994 odds-and-sods collection No Come Down either. And I've never acquired the singles compilation because it's otherwise of no use to me.

Keep meaning to download the single to get All In The Mind and its b-side One Way To Go ... never got around to it. Doing that now though.

Ah, alright.

The song's so good you can dismiss Ashcroft's rather lame lyrics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom