Dong Ha, Vietnam Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember there's actually a really crappy DVD of that show, even. You can't really see Stuart Morgan very well at all.

I know from Flanagan's book, he wanted to hide backstage more than Larry usually does. I just want to hear it for shits and giggles, tbh.

Actually, Ashley, I would like to get your thoughts on something, but your PM box is full. Shall I send it to you on Facebook, then?

That is probably the best performance of NYD I've ever seen.

That's so funny, because that's EXACTLY what I did yesterday lol. Heard two seconds of The Refugee and almost drove into a tree.

Because its awesomeness was overpowering, yes?

I remember when we got through one of these in around 2 hours once. It was pretty fantastic.

Ah, the good old days... :nostalgia: Now we all have lives. :sigh:

Speaking of New Year's Day, I rediscovered this classic recently.

The spirit of TV Gaga was alive and well that night.

I actually read that as "Lady Gaga" at first, and was expecting Bono to appear in some incredibly elaborate early version of the Macphisto costume... although what I did see was possibly even better. *L*

I choose to believe that Edge hitting that wrong note on the piano was subtle on-stage code for "get the fuck out of my face you idiots".

So I'm in Ocean Grove for the night.

We decide to go to Barwon Heads pub for the night.

Who's playing?

Daryl Braithwaite. $30.

Best night of my fucking life. Best $30 ever spent. (Apart from the time I paid $30 for ecstasy at Revolver.)

So I'm in Ocean Grove for the night.

We decide to go to Barwon Heads pub for the night.

Who's playing?

Daryl Braithwaite. $30.

Best night of my fucking life. Best $30 ever spent. (Apart from the time I paid $30 for ecstasy at Revolver.)

Wow, wish I'd been there! (For Mr. Braithwaite at least.)

It was so much fun. I can't get the fucking chorus out of my head now, and it's actually a pretty shit song, but it was unexpected and we were all drunk, so good times.

I recognise the name but I can't think of who he is.

He's playing the Aussie Open though! Along with a very odd assortment of people, from Cobbler's main man Paul Dempsey to Wolfmother to the frontman of Taxiride performing with a nineties covers band.

I saw "Aussie Open" and thought you meant some golf/tennis thing, :lol:

Yeah, I do mean the tennis! They're apparently getting bands to play every evening this year.

Yeah, I do mean the tennis! They're apparently getting bands to play every evening this year.

That's pretty awesome, actually, first I've heard of it.

Will this entice Axver to visit? :wink:

One of my hopes in the future is to make it to the AO, but Adelaide's WTC will suffice, I'm going to that next Wednesday.

Can I just say the fact that there are nineties cover bands now makes me feel really fucking old? I'm used to there being eighties cover bands, but jesus.

Yeah but that's because you're living in a world full of 19th/early 20th century communist literature. :wink:

I haven't found any from this era and I'm probably too lazy to look them up. :sad:

Vlad, your avatar makes me think you're Bonnie. Then I get confused and angry when you're not Bonnie. Stop impersonating Bonnie.

I think that vodka martini at dinner was a bad idea...

yay for drunk posting when only vlad is here to experience it.

sorry about the bonnit thing, btw.

The rare, few, recent times where I've been intoxicated enough to be more amusing has seen no activity in the superthread, which brought the existence of tumblr to rescue it.

Damnit Vlad, get drunk on here one day! :lol:

Also, I just found a New Zealand place with the name Whakahoro. That's pronounced "fuck a whore-o" for you foreigners. Next Superthread? :hmm:

In what crazy fucked up world is "wh" pronounced "f"?

The crazy whucked up world of the Maori language.

It's due to the fact that the sound represented by "wh" is variable across Maori dialects, ranging from "w" to "wh" (as in an old fashioned pronunciation of "which") and "f". However, by far the most common pronunciation is "f", and it has become predominant since the early 20th century in all regions of New Zealand, even in those where it traditionally was pronounced differently.

Why is organising superannuation/filling out super forms the biggest pain in the fucking arse? I'm tempted to burn them all and let 65yo me curse the fact 22yo me is lazy.

Back
Top Bottom