Dong Ha, Vietnam Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite Bakery finally installed EFTPOS the other day. I was so excited because I rarely carry cash. (Usually because I have nothing in my account anyway)

Anyways, hope 2013 has been good for you so far, superthreadians! :wave:

I just don't understand the hype about Burial's Kindred EP, though I'm mildly impressed some stuttery, glitchy ambient is this popular.

A 66-year-old piece of music history had a heart attack at what may have been the last show he'll ever perform live, hasn't really even mentioned music in years, and hasn't released any music in over 9 years out of the blue announces an album that's going to be released in less than 2 months.

Yep. Shrug.

Good on him but I'm not going to pretend I think this is amazing news. Just another new album by an aging rocker whose music - apart from Station to Station - doesn't do much for me. Especially since most musicians past the age of forty aren't exactly pumping out material comparable with their past peaks.

I would say MSP's Journal For Plague Lovers isn't very far from the band's very best, but after that I can't really think of anything.

It rather helped that they had Richey's old lyrics for that one!

Anyway, don't mean to be a buzzkill about Bowie. I was just surprised everybody was so gushingly excited rather than being all "it'll be shit" cynical like what normally happens to any announcement of a new album from an aging artist or band.

Axver said:
Good on him but I'm not going to pretend I think this is amazing news. Just another new album by an aging rocker whose music - apart from Station to Station - doesn't do much for me. Especially since most musicians past the age of forty aren't exactly pumping out material comparable with their past peaks.

The new song is great, even when I take my excitement out of the equation.

It rather helped that they had Richey's old lyrics for that one!

Anyway, don't mean to be a buzzkill about Bowie. I was just surprised everybody was so gushingly excited rather than being all "it'll be shit" cynical like what normally happens to any announcement of a new album from an aging artist or band.

No, it's cool, I mean, if you're not a fan, maybe you don't understand what this could mean to a lot of people. It's got nothing to do with whether or not it will be shit (based on the lead single, it won't e), and everything to do with the fact that he disappeared from the music world save for a couple one off songs. There has been not a single peep from him in ages and ages. This is one of the biggest musical surprises ever.

I wonder what I'd think of 50C heat considering I dealt with 40odd okay the other day.

No, it's cool, I mean, if you're not a fan, maybe you don't understand what this could mean to a lot of people. It's got nothing to do with whether or not it will be shit (based on the lead single, it won't e), and everything to do with the fact that he disappeared from the music world save for a couple one off songs. There has been not a single peep from him in ages and ages. This is one of the biggest musical surprises ever.

All of this.

David. Fucking. Bowie.

A 66-year-old piece of music history had a heart attack at what may have been the last show he'll ever perform live, hasn't really even mentioned music in years, and hasn't released any music in over 9 years out of the blue announces an album that's going to be released in less than 2 months.

Yep. Shrug.

I love me some Bowie and think it's super cool news, but I think it's understandable if Ax doesn't care for it. There are a lot of big name old guy semi-reclusive artists who I wouldn't give a toss if they did a show on the moon tomorrow. But yeah, it's pretty fucking cool nonetheless.

I probably like Bowie's music more than you Ax, but I second this.

Back
Top Bottom