Doha, Qatar Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate's full name was Katharine (after Katharine Hepburn).

It was hilarious how frequently people got it wrong despite her telling them the spelling.

That's the only spelling of Katharine with a K I like, the Hepburn one. Otherwise, I have no opinion on Catherine/Kathryn/Cathleen et al, sorry.....

I would love to have been named after Katharine Hepburn.

I was going to be called Tim if I turned out to be a lad. That might be of mild interest.
:cute:

my parents couldn't decide on a boy's name for me. my mom said they lucked out when they found out i was a girl (all old school, they found out after she gave birf to me) because mary catherine was the only girl's name they'd decided on. i think a contender for a guy's name was michael...something. my dad's blah blah blah the third, and he'd said he did not want a blah blah blah fourth.

I was going to be called Tim if I turned out to be a lad. That might be of mild interest.

If I'd been a girl, I would've been named Jasmine. I love that name and if some girl ever has the misfortune of being my daughter, I'd name her Jasmine.

If I'd been the second son, I would've been named Carlos. Thank god I was first (and only).

If I'd been a girl, I would've been named Jasmine. I love that name and if some girl ever has the misfortune of being my daughter, I'd name her Jasmine.

If I'd been the second son, I would've been named Carlos. Thank god I was first (and only).
carlos??? wow. carlos...insertlastname. that so does not fit.

That's the only spelling of Katharine with a K I like, the Hepburn one. Otherwise, I have no opinion on Catherine/Kathryn/Cathleen et al, sorry.....

Yeah, I actually prefer Katharine over Katherine too.

Kathryn seems lazy to me.

Jasmine's a great name. That's the name of my best friend's sister. And Jasmine tea is delicious, so good choice.

Wow, that's weird. You're really not a Carlos. :lol:

You know what my first son's name is going to be? Cyrus! Depends on the surname and whether I'll even have a son and also what the father thinks, though.

carlos??? wow. carlos...insertlastname. that so does not fit.

I KNOW. I can't imagine my father agreeing to it either, but apparently that's the name they decided they'd use if they had a second son. My mother loves the name.

I KNOW. I can't imagine my father agreeing to it either, but apparently that's the name they decided they'd use if they had a second son. My mother loves the name.
thank god you're an only child, that's all i can say. were they trying to cover every nationality or something? it reminds me of someone i knew in high school. their first name was french, middle name italian, last name spanish. plus he had a voice like the dude who sang that song "it wasn't me" - not shaggy, but whoever the singer was. it made it funnier that i could picture him singing it because he was a player.

Jasmine's a great name. That's the name of my best friend's sister. And Jasmine tea is delicious, so good choice.

Wow, that's weird. You're really not a Carlos. :lol:

You know what my first son's name is going to be? Cyrus! Depends on the surname and whether I'll even have a son and also what the father thinks, though.

I'm glad I don't (yet) know any Jasmines. Even with fictional characters, I won't use the names of people I know. And I don't want that name ruined! Though I like it enough that I'd probably use it anyway.

I do hope Cyrus has a brother called Billy Ray and a sister called Miley. I know you aren't going for that, but I'm an Assver.

thank god you're an only child, that's all i can say. were they trying to cover every nationality or something? it reminds me of someone i knew in high school. their first name was french, middle name italian, last name spanish. plus he had a voice like the dude who sang that song "it wasn't me" - not shaggy, but whoever the singer was. it made it funnier that i could picture him singing it because he was a player.

:lmao:

God, speaking of nationalities, I've said before about how my English grandfather was aghast at my French name and called me Andrew until I was about three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom