Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

excuse me while i agree with you!! (btw, i don't know how often you read my lj, but this is the same friend of mine i wrote an entry about today)

:lol: Yeah, I saw that entry. Lame friends for the fail.

Axver said:
:lol: Yeah, I saw that entry. Lame friends for the fail.
:yes: especially lame friends who expect me to have some sort of sympathy for them because they almost got arrested because they were speeding because they were...upset over a boy. umm no sorry.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: especially lame friends who expect me to have some sort of sympathy for them because they almost got arrested because they were speeding because they were...upset over a boy. umm no sorry.

:lmao: Best. Excuse for speeding. Ever.

And by best, I mean worst.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: well i'm only a tenth into the song, but it's not too bad i suppose. i don't think i've heard any peter-era genesis songs before!

It's not worth the time, really. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and Selling England By The Pound are truly terrible. I sort of enjoyed Supper's Ready, though.

Haven't listened to any post-Gabriel Genesis because, well, it's Phail Collins!

Axver said:
:lmao: Best. Excuse for speeding. Ever.

And by best, I mean worst.
i know! i was like...wtf. i didn't know what to say because all my responses sounded like something a mother would say. "you're lucky you didn't hit anyone," "you're lucky you didn't get killed" "you're lucky you didn't get arrested," etc.

anyway, i'm nearing the end of supper's ready, and it's not bad. just...long.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know! i was like...wtf. i didn't know what to say because all my responses sounded like something a mother would say. "you're lucky you didn't hit anyone," "you're lucky you didn't get killed" "you're lucky you didn't get arrested," etc.

:lol: I would've just said "you're a fucking idiot".

I do tell my friends that when they do stupid things. It gets the point across.

anyway, i'm nearing the end of supper's ready, and it's not bad. just...long.

I actually felt it went by much quicker than I expected. Felt closer to 12 than 22 minutes long.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Proof that Interference gets more desperate for a new album by the minute, eh?

At this stage, I don't care how shit it is. We just need something to talk about!

Axver said:
I actually felt it went by much quicker than I expected. Felt closer to 12 than 22 minutes long.
oh yeah, it doesn't feel like it's 22 minutes long at all, just longer than the songs i normally listen to. i'm used to listening to songs that are about eight minutes tops. if i had to say how long this song seems, i'd say maybe fifteen minutes?

Axver said:
Proof that Interference gets more desperate for a new album by the minute, eh?

At this stage, I don't care how shit it is. We just need something to talk about!
do you think he's wearing boxers or briefs in this pic :hyper:

bono_wideweb__470x441,0.jpg

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh yeah, it doesn't feel like it's 22 minutes long at all, just longer than the songs i normally listen to. i'm used to listening to songs that are about eight minutes tops. if i had to say how long this song seems, i'd say maybe fifteen minutes?

See, eight minutes seems kinda short to me. :wink:

I don't think a song is long unless its runtime is past 15 minutes.

So U2 have played a long song twice in their career. :lol:

(40 on 31 January 1985 at 16:45 and Bad on ... shit, was it 16 April 1985? Mid-April 1985 anyway, it was 16:16. Might be other performances of Bad in 1985 that pass 15 minutes too; I haven't really checked.)

Axver said:
See, eight minutes seems kinda short to me. :wink:

I don't think a song is long unless its runtime is past 15 minutes.

So U2 have played a long song twice in their career. :lol:

(40 on 31 January 1985 at 16:45 and Bad on ... shit, was it 16 April 1985? Mid-April 1985 anyway, it was 16:16. Might be other performances of Bad in 1985 that pass 15 minutes too; I haven't really checked.)
:lol: well i also don't listen to death metal or what have you :wink:

ugh, yes. i hate the long versions of bad, because the snippetry just gets so ridiculous.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: well i also don't listen to death metal or what have you :wink:

ugh, yes. i hate the long versions of bad, because the snippetry just gets so ridiculous.

:lol: See, short songs kind of bother me. If it's only about four minutes long and I absolutely love it, it ends too soon! I find myself compulsively repeating my favourite short songs for about twenty minutes just to get the same level of enjoyment out of them.

And :mad:! Snippetry is what makes things interesting! My least favourites are the hugely long ones that have no snippetry, because Bono's jumped in the crowd or whatever and the band's just continuing to play until he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom