Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mini tournaments... :drool:

I have a bunch of playlists that are stellar (just one disc) that I could use for such things. :hmm:

The Interference Symphonic Album Game :drool:

Contestants create an album 60-80 minutes long. Each is required to have a title, cover, concept or story and has to be artistic. This game will take place between the Desert Island Games. They will feature 16 players (the exact setup has no yet been determined.) It will also feature critic's choice awards. The idea is that a contestant create an album featuring different artists. On must create a concept album that features either a story or heavy concept (ie. Pink Floyd's Animals or Passengers.) So creativity is a must. The one artist limit applies but the no repeat tracks rule does not. You would have until the end of August to submit your entry for this mini-game.

Pay very close attention to the rules when considering whether to sign up. The sign-up and stuff will appear in the master list thread. There were people who missed out on a spot for this Desert Island Game or didn't have time (Lemonchick, AnnieVox and GG), so if any of you want a spot in the mini-game just ask in this thread. :)

Lila64 said:
I don't know what's wrong with my computer (and I rebooted), but every media fire file I download has one damaged/corrupt track. I'm on AtomicBono's list, and the one song I wanted to hear was missing (RATM) :grumpy: On file 2 it was U2's Discotheque, so luckily I have that one already :wink: Haven't done 3 or 4 yet. AND I have to have the zip file repaired before I can extract. Very weird :huh:

What's your email? I can send you the RATM track seperately.

I'm telling you guys, Rage is gonna win me this competiton. UNNGHHHH

yeah the mini-tourney is a good idea, though I think "have to be artistic" is an unnecessary rule. Just keep it at "must have a concept or story, album cover, etc" because that kind of implies it's artistic ... and I mean... music itself is artistic :wink:

corianderstem, your playlist thus far is the most fun of the bunch :up:

Hey, thanks! It gets mellow at the end, but up until I start to take it down a notch, I was going for F-U-N. :)

corianderstem said:
Hey, thanks! It gets mellow at the end, but up until I start to take it down a notch, I was going for F-U-N. :)

I think if I were on a Desert Island I'd rather have music that cheers me up than brings me down :wink: (well I guess I'd want a bit of both, but yours does get mellow in the end like you said ... ryan adams cover of wonderwall :drool: ) I'm trying to listen to these according to mood...it seems like screwtape's might be a bit more depressing, so I want to listen to it when I'm feeling contemplative, not when I'm in the mood for upbeat music, so that I don't unfairly judge the playlist.

AtomicBono said:

yeah the mini-tourney is a good idea, though I think "have to be artistic" is an unnecessary rule. Just keep it at "must have a concept or story, album cover, etc" because that kind of implies it's artistic ... and I mean... music itself is artistic :wink:

No. I don't want people just sending in stuff that they didn't take time to think about and develop. If more people are going to experience these playlists they have to be special. This is the tradeoff you make for being able to work with a shorter playlist. The idea is that you are making a work of art. I don't know why people are so apprehensive to going the extra mile but until people aren't I have to push them there with this rule. :shrug:

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:

What's your email? I can send you the RATM track seperately.

I'm telling you guys, Rage is gonna win me this competiton. UNNGHHHH

corianderstem, your playlist thus far is the most fun of the bunch :up:

I saw Cornell perform the track with Audioslave last year :rockon:

email: madeleinesmom @ yahoo . com

Thank you :bow:

Lila64 said:

I saw Cornell perform the track with Audioslave last year :rockon:

I'm sorry, but this offends me. Cornell can not Rage like Zach de la Rocha can Rage.

UNNNGHHHHH FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME MUTHAFUCKAAA UNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHH

but it would be a great honor to be in the prescence of Morello and the rest of the band doing that song :drool:

check your mail :wink:

screwtape I just finished the first half of your playlist... I actually expected not to like it, but wow, was I wrong. Absolutely beautiful. I still think it's ridiculous that out of all the wonderful songs U2 has to offer you chose... Beautiful Ghost :eyebrow: but amazing playlist. Really did take me to another place.

I noticed you used a lot of soundtrack stuff...I've been in a soundtrack kinda mood lately. I think I'll use some stuff from soundtracks for my next playlist :up:

Wow I sleep and come back a day later and suddenly a mini comp has arisen. This rocks. I will take part. Still a liiiitle worried about the concept/artistic thing, but I think I can work with that. And I suppose just throwing together a bunch of songs and submitting them does sort of defeat the purpose a bit as you could just pick a bunch of random songs.

Screwtape :up:

woot woot

Screwtape... this woman's work is so magical at the end of your playlist! :love: Honestly, for all the hype that Hounds of Love receives, I think The Sensual World is much better!

AtomicBono said:
screwtape I just finished the first half of your playlist... I actually expected not to like it, but wow, was I wrong. Absolutely beautiful. I still think it's ridiculous that out of all the wonderful songs U2 has to offer you chose... Beautiful Ghost :eyebrow: but amazing playlist. Really did take me to another place.

I noticed you used a lot of soundtrack stuff...I've been in a soundtrack kinda mood lately. I think I'll use some stuff from soundtracks for my next playlist :up:

What do you mean you thought you wouldn't like it? :wink: Thank you though. Beautiful Ghost is a great song by the way. :)

I think soundtrack peices are great when it comes to creating atmosphere and mood.

Zootlesque said:
Screwtape... this woman's work is so magical at the end of your playlist! :love: Honestly, for all the hype that Hounds of Love receives, I think The Sensual World is much better!

I love both albums but the second side of Hounds of Love makes it her second best record behind The Dreaming. Waking The Witch, Watching You Without Me and Hello Earth. :drool: The Sensual World is by far her most beautiful though. It is reminds me of Scarlet's Walk in that catching femininity in a bottle sort of way.

I've been trying to download the songs and listening while working the last few days. Some interesting, some not so much my style, etc. I think I'm on Bono's Lemon right now. Just heard a Snow Patrol track into a cover of Tears For Fears' 'Mad World' by Gary Jules.

I'm getting most of the tracks, but the other computer always has one track that is corrupt in the zip files. Luckily I had the Oasis song already from someone's track listing (Cigarettes & Alcohol).

I think I'll try & upload mine before bed tonight. We shall see...

Screwtape2 said:

What do you mean you thought you wouldn't like it? :wink: Thank you though. Beautiful Ghost is a great song by the way. :)

I think soundtrack peices are great when it comes to creating atmosphere and mood.

Well I didn't know a lot of the artists, and I dunno, I guess I just didn't think it'd be my style. But I really think you created an amazing journey :up: and yea soundtracks are baller. I've gotten a few recently.

still gotta disagree with you about beautiful ghost though...I don't like Bono's voice in it. He sounds weird :wink:

Screwtape2 said:
The Interference Symphonic Album Game :drool:

Contestants create an album 60-80 minutes long. Each is required to have a title, cover, concept or story and has to be artistic. This game will take place between the Desert Island Games. They will feature 16 players (the exact setup has no yet been determined.) It will also feature critic's choice awards. The idea is that a contestant create an album featuring different artists. On must create a concept album that features either a story or heavy concept (ie. Pink Floyd's Animals or Passengers.) So creativity is a must. The one artist limit applies but the no repeat tracks rule does not. You would have until the end of August to submit your entry for this mini-game.

okay i already have a concept for this so no one better steal my idea :angry:

Screwtape2 said:

The deadline is the 31st.

Well, can you and Axy ignore the tracklist I hastily mailed in today? I want to retool it. I'll be able to send a final draft with links and all that for sure by the 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom