Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemonchick said:
Corianderstem - yours was the perfect one to listen to yesterday simply because I was in such a great mood :) . I love the summer road trip feel of it. I had a lot of fun listening to it,

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)

i lucked out this time around, usually i end up wanting to put like 5 itunes tracks on my playlist and then i've gotta burn and re-rip them all to lose the protection. this time i only had two, one of which is a plus file.

Hey guys, is it possible for me to re-submit my tracklist?

The songs won't change, just the order. I can have it in before the July 31st deadline, too.

I'm content with my list, but I think I can make a few tweaks before the actual tourney starts. It's totally cool if you veto this, I'm just wondering.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hey guys, is it possible for me to re-submit my tracklist?

The songs won't change, just the order. I can have it in before the July 31st deadline, too.

I'm content with my list, but I think I can make a few tweaks before the actual tourney starts. It's totally cool if you veto this, I'm just wondering.

I would say that so many people have already heard it that changing it slightly would honestly be a waste of time. I wouldn't change anything if I were you considering that people probably aren't going to listen to the playlist all over again. Let it stay the way it is, LMP. :)

Good point, I'll stick with it.

You can never be satisfied with anything you make yourself right? :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

The simple way would be to burn them onto CD and then add them to your computer using a different music program. That should remove that protection.

you don't even need to use a different music program. I used iTunes for all of it. If you burn it as an audio CD, you can rip all tracks from it as mp3's.

Screwtape2 said:

There is one slight problem, the Gustav Holst and Wilco tracks aren't able to be played because you purchased them on the Apple online store. I have a different version of the Holst track and I can find the Wilco track, so would you like me to replace the protected tracks with those?

Ah, that's right. I forgot about that. Yeah, that would be a great help if you could do that for me. :)

I can't wait to hear everyone's playlists now. Getting mine finished has gotten me excited about this competition again.

COBL_04 said:
Question! When uploading files what do you do? Just whack them all in a winzip/rar file and bada bing bada boom?

break them into two zip files (has to be less than 100 mb) and you're in good shape.

I've listened to 3 of the playlists so far

Screwtape's and LMP's were both brilliant. Screwtape's had such perfect flow and his second disc was especially brilliant. As for LMP's the second half, especially section 3 (which was just brilliant in every way) was amazing.

I also listened to AtomicBono's playlist and although I felt a few of the songs were "iffy" and couldn't listen to a couple, I enjoyed most of it, and the second part was great :up:. I probably would have liked it better if I didn't listen to it after Screwtape's and LMP's ones because they were just so brilliant, it was bound to be compared to it in my mind.

Irishteen said:
I felt a few of the songs were "iffy"

what means this //

¿

ambuscade.

thisisnotatestnotatestnotatestnotatestnot

a

w
a
r

n

n

n
n

i

n

coruscate ((

this body's left the soul.

I can't wait to hear the next batch. I've been listening to all of them constantly on this trip, it's been fantastic. :up:

Thanks Irishteen and Lemonchick for the words, 3 and 4 are the parts of my playlist I'm most proud of. Screwtape's playlist deserves all types of praises, too. Schindler's List, bitches.

Last edited:
st2-khan.gif

I'm pretty sure they are rubber. I remember hearing that crafted him a synthetic chest plate for the film.

What the fuck for? I have no idea. But I do believe they're fake.

The Wrath of Khan DVD featurettes said they were real, but that's a lie. He was like 60 years old by then.

He could've crushed Tattoo between those things.

Hi guys, can I get the links for the playlists? u2gump@gmail.com

I usually don't have time to listen to everything during the competition so I should probably start earlier. I have to say that the comments I've read here made me really excited about the playlists!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom