Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how somebody made a comment earlier about there being too much Muse on the tracklists?

I'd like to second that opinion, but replace Muse with both Pink Floyd and Radiohead.

Oy. Enough with the Floyd! :wink:

AtomicBono said:

word

that was the one song on LMP's list that made me :huh: thom yorke does NOT have the voice for that kind of jazzy lounge song

For some reason I really love it. Thom almost sounds like one of the horns, it reminds me of Roger's voice during Floyd's The Gunner's Dream merging with the sax.

inmyplace13 said:
Out-of-left-field-Radiohead-song-no-one-else-will-use FTW

Oh, oh, I know, I know!

Last edited:
Uh-oh. You just compared Thom Yorke to Roger Waters. Despite being almost a non-comparison to begin with, you should now prepare yourself against the wrath of the angry pompous Floyd snobs.

:reject: My bomb shelter only has room for one, sorry.

Eric Clapton has trouble telling the difference between them.

I'm in no way saying Thom Yorke sounds like Roger Waters, just that they use similar technique in one song. :reject:

I had How to Disappear Completely...but removed it in favour of some Pure Reason Revolution and Talk Talk.

I had no idea Talk Talk made a song after "Talk Talk"

I liked the song someone put on their playlist, too. :up:

So, after the master list comes out, how much longer before the actual polls start? A week? I'm getting anxious! :hyper:

Axy and Screwsies, I finally sent mine in. If you could verify everything is in order, I'd appreciate it.

LemonMelon said:
So, after the master list comes out, how much longer before the actual polls start? A week? I'm getting anxious! :hyper:

I believe they start next Monday.

inmyplace13 said:
Axy and Screwsies, I finally sent mine in. If you could verify everything is in order, I'd appreciate it.

Yep. I haven't been able to check the last few people's links but there shouldn't be any problems. You're set.

corianderstem said:
Remember how somebody made a comment earlier about there being too much Muse on the tracklists?

I'd like to second that opinion, but replace Muse with both Pink Floyd and Radiohead.

Oy. Enough with the Floyd! :wink:
i know, i'm beginning to feel like the only way to win is to include people i don't even like on my playlist
down.gif

oh well, it's not about winning anyway. it's about uhhh...stuff. :D

If the links are going out in the next day or so, are you allowing enough time between now & Monday for people to listen to 19 playlists, not including their own? I know some have heard a batch of lists already, maybe 6-7. Just curious.

BTW, I'm out of town 8/5-8/8, so if you can email me the rounds I need to vote on, I can email my vote back to the appropriate person(s). Unless the rounds are open longer, I can vote upon my return.

:)

Lila64 said:
If the links are going out in the next day or so, are you allowing enough time between now & Monday for people to listen to 19 playlists, not including their own? I know some have heard a batch of lists already, maybe 6-7. Just curious.

BTW, I'm out of town 8/5-8/8, so if you can email me the rounds I need to vote on, I can email my vote back to the appropriate person(s). Unless the rounds are open longer, I can vote upon my return.

:)

It should be enough. The first round will have two matches every two days. That space of time should be enough for everyone. :)

I sent you an e-mail. :)

Do you see voting options? There are no voting options. There is no voting yet.

(But I won. :shh: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom