Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was considering signing up for this. And then I remembered I have terrible musical knowledge.

Canadiens1160 said:
Oi! What's with all this consideration for Dew (who is lovely btw) and none for me? I followed the rules better than a lot of the good participants from previous island games did when submitting tracks.

Sorry I'm not trying to roll my life experience into a pretentious, 2+ hour long playlist, but I did everything asked in the first post :shrug:

:hug:
i would love to hear your truth™ :)

I can't believe we still have two weeks to go. With the way we're all talking and with the progress we made tonight, it seems like it could be starting tomorrow. :lol:

I'd imagine if everyone gets done earlier, we'll start it sooner.

But I've still got a ways to go, and others, like GG and Pla, probably won't be ready until later, based on past comments.

LemonMelon said:
I can't believe we still have two weeks to go. With the way we're all talking and with the progress we made tonight, it seems like it could be starting tomorrow. :lol:

Well, you, Mike, and I will be starting soon. :rockon:

LemonMelon said:

:cute: Very cool. These are the two newcomer lists I'm most interested in as well.

Yeah you'd better, don't go callin us a loser group! :angry: :wink:

btw i love your album cover. heroin :love: and your desert island IV playlist looks baller. I think thus far you seem to have the most similar taste to mine :up:

my guess is people will hate my first disc and love my second disc, because most people at Interference don't listen to heavy stuff. Not that it's terriby heavy, but I did throw Chevelle and Deftones on there.

and let it be known that I am sad Canadiens and MDM could not participate. Not that I don't want Khanada to, I just think that there's nothing wrong with being silly in the competition as long as you follow the rules :shrug: and maybe Canadiens was serious about the music he put on there. it doesnt all have to be totally emotional life-changing stuff; it could just be light-hearted, fun songs. but whatevs. I am excited nonetheless.

Axver said:
Pre-tournament? Sounds fun. Hell, if Canadiens wins, I'll give him automatic entry to Desert Island IV if he wants it.

I hope he wins it.

I'm looking forward to yours, AtomicBono, because I'm certain I will hear some things I'm unfamiliar with (Pla because I have no idea what she has up her sleeve :uhoh: ). My Desert Island IV list is like a kaleidoscope of sound...it's massive...40 songs. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
I'm looking forward to yours, AtomicBono, because I'm certain I will hear some things I'm unfamiliar with (Pla because I have no idea what she has up her sleeve :uhoh: ). My Desert Island IV list is like a kaleidoscope of sound...it's massive...40 songs. :drool:

i am looking forward to yours as well :up:

i am listening to mine now straight through to judge cohesiveness..it's pretty good so far but I dunno, I may make some changes; i almost feel like the beginning is too heavy. this is really fun. I don't make playlists often enough.

the only problem with mine is almost all the songs are from the 00's :uhoh: i don't listen to enough older music...

AtomicBono said:

the only problem with mine is almost all the songs are from the 00's :uhoh: i don't listen to enough older music...

:ohmy: Yes, yes, this definitely will be interesting. :wink: Nothing wrong with modern music, but your list sounds like it'll be on the fringe of interference taste. :hmm:

LemonMelon said:

:ohmy: Yes, yes, this definitely will be interesting. :wink: Nothing wrong with modern music, but your list sounds like it'll be on the fringe of interference taste. :hmm:

i'm almost considering changing it to add some Television and maybe Led Zep. i dunno. I've got VU, Hendrix, Beatles, and Joy Divison. everything else is modern :wink:

I'll definitely have stuff that most people here have not listened to, but a lot of it is stuff most interfers like. hopefully it will be the right mix of new and familiar for people :up:

AtomicBono said:

i'm almost considering changing it to add some Television and maybe Led Zep. i dunno. I've got VU, Hendrix, Beatles, and Joy Divison. everything else is modern :wink:

I'll definitely have stuff that most people here have not listened to, but a lot of it is stuff most interfers like. hopefully it will be the right mix of new and familiar for people :up:

You can only hope. Remember there are Critic's Choice awards, too.

Even if you don't win the tourney, you could win like "Most varied playlist" or something.

I feel like I'm prostituting myself this time out because, frankly, my list is very similar to the taste of the average B&C-goer. Almost cloyingly so.

Screwtape, you've seen my list...what do you think? :hmm:

Hey, could anyone send me an MP3 of U2's Exit WITHOUT the One Tree Hill coda? I'm thinking of modifying my tracklist but my copy of Exit has "oh great ocean" at the start and that just does not work.

amakaxver[at]gmail.com

Thank you! :)

interesting to look back at all the old playlists...everyone and their mom picked Don't Panic :angry: and Across the Universe :angry: and Say Hello to the Angels :angry: in fact a lot of my songs have been used at some point or another :huh:

Axver said:
Hey, could anyone send me an MP3 of U2's Exit WITHOUT the One Tree Hill coda? I'm thinking of modifying my tracklist but my copy of Exit has "oh great ocean" at the start and that just does not work.

amakaxver[at]gmail.com

Thank you! :)

got ya covered.

AtomicBono said:
interesting to look back at all the old playlists...everyone and their mom picked Don't Panic :angry: and Across the Universe :angry: and Say Hello to the Angels :angry: in fact a lot of my songs have been used at some point or another :huh:

You're allowed to reuse songs again from earlier tournaments. IMP and Lance both used The Golden Age by Beck in the first and second tournaments, respectively.

(Don't Panic is on my Desert Island IV playlist :reject: )

LemonMelon said:

You're allowed to reuse songs again from earlier tournaments. IMP and Lance both used The Golden Age by Beck in the first and second tournaments, respectively.

(Don't Panic is on my Desert Island IV playlist :reject: )

i know you're allowed, i just don't want to seem unoriginal or whatever. I might go with a different Beatles song... they kind of have a lot to choose from :wink:

and I don't blame you. Don't Panic is up there as one of my favourite songs ever, which is why I used it :wink: but I might replace it with something else, like Careful Where You Stand :drool:

AtomicBono said:

i know you're allowed, i just don't want to seem unoriginal or whatever. I might go with a different Beatles song... they kind of have a lot to choose from :wink:

:lol: The Beatles saturate any playlist I make...and not even just Beatles music alone, but solo work, and, of course, artists ripping off the Beatles. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
I feel like I'm prostituting myself this time out because, frankly, my list is very similar to the taste of the average B&C-goer. Almost cloyingly so.

Screwtape, you've seen my list...what do you think? :hmm:

I liked it a lot. I think you really hit upon a mood. A lot of the stuff isn't my favorite kind of music but the way it worked together sort of gave it a location (if that makes sense) that made the whole thing really enjoyable. It has a neat sort of bar quality. You did an excellent job! :up:

Screwtape2 said:

I liked it a lot. I think you really hit upon a mood. A lot of the stuff isn't my favorite kind of music but the way it worked together sort of gave it a location (if that makes sense) that made the whole thing really enjoyable. It has a neat sort of bar quality. You did an excellent job! :up:

So now I gotta ask about mine. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom