Desert Island 2.5: Prog Island Album Game Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just managed to fit Ogre Battle into my tracklist. :drool:

299 796 km/s by In The Woods... will now find itself relegated to my contribution for the Supertracklist. Now I just need to tinker with my tracklist more. I'm up to 32 tracks now. :ohmy:

hardyharhar said:
My list is almost exclusively old school because that's what I grew up with and I'm not familiar enough with newer stuff to include them. But I agree with Axver about metal, you can easily include the black metal bands like Emperor, Cradle of Filth, etc.... They have more in common with prog than they would like to admit, as do the more melodic groups like Nightwish.

I would have included some bands who play sub-genres of metal if, well, anyone would listen to them. But I don't expect anybody here would listen to, say, Antestor's Rites Of Death (black metal) or anything by drone doom outfit jesu. I think someone like Jan Axel Blomberg, aka Hellhammer, is a great example of how prog and metal cross over - the guy has an incredible drum style that serves well both avantgarde/prog bands like Age Of Silence and black metal insanity of the calibre of Mayhem.

Though, for the record, I am including an Opeth song, Closure from the neo-prog Damnation album that lacks even the foggiest hint at death metal, except perhaps through some of its underlying dark and brooding atmosphere.

Should we send Axver our list for the 30 minute supergroup so he can check for repeats, then send off the mp3's? I don't think I would have more than 3 tracks.

I doubt there will be repeats as I imagine we will all be trying to showcase stuff that's pretty obscure, so just go ahead and send the MP3s.

Has anyone submitted anything yet? I still have to get hardyharhar to put his list in some sort of order so I can try & upload it. You suggested s e n d s p a c e, right?

He has to add up his time too :der:

Lila64 said:
Has anyone submitted anything yet? I still have to get hardyharhar to put his list in some sort of order so I can try & upload it. You suggested s e n d s p a c e, right?

He has to add up his time too :der:

Yeah, I've submitted mine. works well. You'll have to split the playlist into two parts because the playlist as a single file will exceed the maximum allowed. Hopefully, we can get two or three more entries by Monday that we can send out a before the deadline.

Hey, with send space, don't links expire in just a week if no-one downloads? That could be a problem.

So you are saying that I should be able to zip and upload two 2 hour files, and possibly use s e n d s p a c e? And obviously if hardyharhar picks out his 30 minute one, I could get that going already, I suppose. What a fun-filled weekend for me :happy:

Why don't we use mediafire.com? I've never had any complaints with it, and I don't think the links ever expire. I found a file I uploaded back in March and the download link still works.

GibsonGirl said:
Why don't we use mediafire.com? I've never had any complaints with it, and I don't think the links ever expire. I found a file I uploaded back in March and the download link still works.

Unfortunately, the max on a file is 100 MB so we'd have to break the playlist into 3 or 4 parts plus the 30 minute SuperGroup part. If need be, I could make sure the links stay active on Send :happy: space.com

I say that people should just use the filesharing site of their preference.

And bah, why did I decide to restructure my album? I want to just finish this thing and upload it already!

If we are one short, notAxver will come through for us with a tracklist of epic proportions, I'm sure.

Screwtape2 said:
You know notAxver could really use an avatar. How about this? :wink:

:lmao:

(I'm not sure even notAxver could stomach that one.)

I uploaded hardyharhar's files thru send space - broke it up into 3 zip files. Am I supposed to email the links and tracklisting to Axver? Screwtape? Both? He's got to give me his 30 minute list too.

:der:

I have everything uploaded at this point, just not the extra 30 minutes for the supergroup thing. Should have it done by this evening.

sent the 30 minute bonus to both Axver & Screwtape. Let me know if there's any tracks that are duplicates or need replacing (fat chance!) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom