Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Well, it's that time of day again, folks - another U2 concert is fast approaching and we have a setlist party. As is now customary, the two questions:

1. Do we have a contact?
2. What are you expecting tonight?

I will not be surprised to see COBL open, and I would sincerely love for The Electric Co., Gloria, and Bad to all be played in the same set (never thought I'd even reasonably think that could happen just a month ago!), though I'm actually expecting one other new song, or maybe the return of a song that has only been played once this tour. Hopefully The Ocean won't reappear, or at least not without 11 O'clock Tick Tock.

Mmmm ... 11 O'clock Tick Tock ... :drool:

I think we can be fairly certain City of Blinding Lights will open.
I wonder if we'll have any profound revelations amongst the thread participants this evening...

Out of Control and I Will Follow replace the other Boy selections.

And UTEOTW replaces Zoo Station.

:wink:

here's for starting a new drinking game where we all take a swig anytime "everyone" is mentioned at the show....

Ultraviolet and UTEOTW are due...but only at 10:1 odds.
Bad is about 2:1
Unforgettable Fire, Surrender, Two Hearts, Electrical Storm: 50:1
Gloria is 2:1
The Ocean is 2:1

I hope all of you are ready for the debut of 4th Of July.

Axver said:
I hope all of you are ready for the debut of 4th Of July.

:lol: directly into Elvis Presley And America!!! Then they will wake the crowd with a rousing version of Grace!!! Rocking show!

CTU2fan said:
Don't forget Red Light, of course

Well, that has become this tour's staple song. Last night's concert was just multiple takes of it, with one performance of Miracle Drug in the middle as a surprise!

or how about the funky get-down of Some Days are Better than others where the types of days appear on the light curtains as Bono performing the action/mood of each day ...

Seriously, though, I'm hoping for the dusting off of a new boy tune that hasn't been played in a while... Ooh, here's one - instead of Gloria--> the ocean, how about I Threw A Brick --> A Day without Me.... :drool:

And I woudn't be surprised oif bad or original of the species appears tonight as well...

Here's a thought - it's been rumored that Surreder has been rehearsed, maybe they'll play it as an homage to Red Rocks (ala In God's Country in AZ/NM and OTH in New Zealand)

Ax, were you looking for a UF show from Auckland on easytree, or dime...one of them? I seem to remember somebody was...

Axver said:

Well, that has become this tour's staple song. Last night's concert was just multiple takes of it, with one performance of Miracle Drug in the middle as a surprise!

Maybe for night #1, but on night 2, they whip out Acrobat, Red Hill Mining Town, Heartland, and Promenade, and just play them in an endless loop, with the occasional A Man and a Woman for something from the new album...

Van Diemen's Land...once more, before I die...

CTU2fan said:
Ax, were you looking for a UF show from Auckland on easytree, or dime...one of them? I seem to remember somebody was...

Yeah, I was. Anything from NZ that I don't have, really. Mmmm, U2 in NZ ... :drool:

Axver said:

Yeah, I was. Anything from NZ that I don't have, really. Mmmm, U2 in NZ ... :drool:

I've got 1984-09-01, I can put it up for ya. I've also that partial Lovetown gig that Lars just torrented, and a crap recording from Zoo Christchurch (I think). I'll seed the UF one though, the others aren't worth it.

I hope that they replace Bullet The Blue Sky with a song off of War...say, The Refugee, Seconds, or Like A Song.

Speaking of Like A Song, does anyone have a live mp3 of it that they can YSI for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom