Denver #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, honestly, it's so hard to say.

I never did Main Stage, so I can offer no good perspective on it, except to say that I'm not convinced it's the best choice because most of the show is spent on the catwalk or at E stage. But fans who did Main Stage LOVED it, so I can't really dissuade anyone.

I did E Stage, right at the "armpit" as it was called-- the corner of the catwalk that meets E stage-- for LA5 and that ended up being my favorite place to be. Great energy there, lots of diehard fans in that area, and the band was having so much fun at E Stage every night. During COBL, that last show, Edge came up right in front of us and let loose, and we were jumping and singing right in front of him, and he was smiling and loving it... That moment made that spot of the stage my favorite. It's not often you see The Edge loosen up!

There's a lot to consider-- which parts of the show are you enjoying watching more during Periscope? Which songs would you rather be close to the band for vs. further away? There's a lot to ponder in regard to this topic!

Thanks for the feedback. My main debate is whether to do the main stage one night and the E stage the other. Or Rail one night and a bit further back for another. Could you see the action that wasn't directly in front of you or are the sight lines rough to take in with this setup?

We are planning to line up at the United Center both days, so pretty much everything should be up for grabs.

I disagree. IMO, Edge's playing was consistently better during the Vertigo tour.

When I think of Edge's playing on the Vertigo Tour, I wish I first thought of him tearing up The Electric Co. or The Fly, but no I think of that awful bloody Bullet solo. Plinky plonky plinky plonky.

He was playing it safe on Vertigo. He had like 9 solos a night on ZooTV.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was talking between Elevation and Vertigo tours. I agree he was better than both later tours during the ZooTV tour.

public service announcement:

the next four shows are in montreal. they are eastern time.
set your internal clocks accordingly

now back to the show

Thanks for the feedback. My main debate is whether to do the main stage one night and the E stage the other. Or Rail one night and a bit further back for another. Could you see the action that wasn't directly in front of you or are the sight lines rough to take in with this setup?

We are planning to line up at the United Center both days, so pretty much everything should be up for grabs.

Well, I think height would play a factor in that. I'm only 5'5, so I stopped bothering trying to see between people's heads after Night 1. You really are significantly far away trying to watch Main Stage from E Stage, and vice versa. That's not something you consider when watching Periscope, cause Periscopers are zooming in, or we can just switch users.

If you're on the rail at the catwalk, sort of the best of both worlds. That's probably the best view of them all, cause you're right in the middle.

It's also a question of what direction you're facing though! This is all so complex! For LA5, I was at the armpit, so I was facing the band head on when they were on E Stage. So when the band was on the Main Stage, I couldn't see a thing. But if I had been at E Stage facing Main Stage, maybe that would have yielded different visibility.

Pepsi Center - Denver, CO - June 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Ordinary Love
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / With or Without You (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights

Nailed it. :D

I was talking between Elevation and Vertigo tours. I agree he was better than both later tours during the ZooTV tour.

Oh yeah, I'd agree with that. But then I think Elevation was U2's weakest tour before 360.

Well, I think height would play a factor in that. I'm only 5'5, so I stopped bothering trying to see between people's heads after Night 1. You really are significantly far away trying to watch Main Stage from E Stage, and vice versa. That's not something you consider when watching Periscope, cause Periscopers are zooming in, or we can just switch users.

If you're on the rail at the catwalk, sort of the best of both worlds. That's probably the best view of them all. If you're at Main Stage, you'll really struggle to see anything at E Stage and the catwalk. And as someone who did E Stage, good luck trying to see on Main Stage.

It's also a question of where you're facing though! This is all so complex! For LA5, I was at the armpit, so I was facing the band head on when they were on E Stage. But if I had been at E Stage facing Main Stage, maybe that would have yielded different visibility.

Thanks for responding! Decisions, decisions. :hmm:

Calling it now. 11 O Clock Tick Tock to close this one out. Edge goes on an 8 minute scorching solo and then the band walks off the stage. Or of course an 18 minute version of Bad would also be acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If you're on the rail at the catwalk, sort of the best of both worlds. That's probably the best view of them all, cause you're right in the middle.

It's also a question of what direction you're facing though! This is all so complex! For LA5, I was at the armpit, so I was facing the band head on when they were on E Stage. So when the band was on the Main Stage, I couldn't see a thing. But if I had been at E Stage facing Main Stage, maybe that would have yielded different visibility.

Enjoyed the E Stage each time I was there - just realize you probably can't see the main stage from that vantage point unless you're very tall. Check the setlist and songs you most want to see and head there. You can always move around if needed. We had catwalk rail on 5/30, north side, about 10 people or so down from the E Stage. Great spot and we could see both stages. And the band are on the catwalk a decent amount. I enjoyed that :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom