Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Miroslava said:
Like I said, slap first, ask questions later...

I am so sweet, ain't I? :cute: Wonder why no one has snatched me up yet :sad:

:wink:

well Bono seems to have taken quite a liking to ya... :sexywink:

okay this is me.

justmenotbythesea.jpg

and this is my friend Alec who will be going with me...with MY iPod, because it matched his shirt.

Looking_Over_Bono.jpg

and this is the back of his shirt cuz it rules

Again.jpg

apologies for the random obscene gesture, but it was a bitchin pose.

you guys I keep having dreams that like I'm late or I forget about the concert or I accidently go see Coldplay or something :lol: seriously, I've had all those dreams. whatever happened to those nice dreams where Bono hugged me and stuff??

fair trade said:

Been wondering when that was- so glad you were chosen, always good to hear it was a true fan that got up there. In your case, I would say that you MORE than qualify!!!
Thanks for entertaining me all afternoon, ladies, as work sucks today (36 messages when I got in this morning- mostly from actual crack addicts as that is who I work with!)- I enjoyed checking your messages while wasting the tax payers dollers!

Wow, that must be really stressful. I have a couple of friends who are counselors like that and you all have my utmost respect. Many thanks from a taxpayer who appreciates all your hard work!

Your sig is making me wish*hope*dream* for Crumbs on 12/10...:drool:

Oh, I missed Susie's post. Thanks a lot! :reject: :hug:

AtomicBono, Added your picture and Alec's. If Alec brings that shirt with him, we will spot you oh so much easier! :lol: It really rocks though!

Ok, I am out of here. Wonder if I can muster the energy to put my xmas tree up tonight :hmm:

I'm outta here too. Everyone have a nice evening!

Our tree is up but surrounded by furniture b/c we are having major renovations done right now and we had to empty the bedrooms and the den entirely. Note to self: December is really not the best time to rip your place apart and redo it...

Catlady said:

Wow, that must be really stressful. I have a couple of friends who are counselors like that and you all have my utmost respect. Many thanks from a taxpayer who appreciates all your hard work!

Your sig is making me wish*hope*dream* for Crumbs on 12/10...:drool:

Thanks!!! I, too, am hoping for crumbs. Heard the debut in MPLS and was so excited I could hardly breath! Annoyed that so few people around knew the song but I was belting it out. I have seen U2 a whopping four times lifetime (social worker salary) but have yet to hear them close with forty. Thinking as I am going to Buffalo and Cleveland I have a good chance!

hey all...

So we are camping out friday night? or no?? if so where at...

I dunno If i will be camping since I spent a few bucks on the hotel...but I can certainly come and sit with ya all night...Im definately not going to miss out on a good rail//elipse spot hahaha

Im hardcore like that!

James//

jd45177 said:
I feel terrible that I'm not going to be in line with y'all. Even though my wife doesn't "get it", if it wasn't for her carpal tunnel surgery this Friday, we would be. She saw them for the first time in Columbus in 2001 and we were in the back corner and she wasn't very familiar with their music then. I'm hoping this time will be a different experience for her. She and my son weren't with me in Pittsburgh because my son had a marching band competition that day.

Hey jd--we were "nearly" neighbors at that show--we were way up in the freaking nosebleeds on the side...and I mean WAY UP (like one row from the top). this time we can say "hey neighbor" on the ground :wave:

AtomicBono said:
I'm hoping for Mofo myself...:wink:

Yeah that would be good, too, love to hear a new one pop out of the blue!
Off to home and no internet. Good night all!

(And to those trying to motivate enough to put up Xmas trees- it could be worse, you could be a loser like me and have put up your three foot tree three weeks ago!)

macfesto said:
hey all...

So we are camping out friday night? or no?? if so where at...

I dunno If i will be camping since I spent a few bucks on the hotel...but I can certainly come and sit with ya all night...Im definately not going to miss out on a good rail//elipse spot hahaha

Im hardcore like that!

James//

I am not committing to ANYTHING until I get to Cleveland and gauge the weather. I have a hotel room for the night and I am prepared to use it should the weather suck royally :D

fair trade said:

Yeah that would be good, too, love to hear a new one pop out of the blue!
Off to home and no internet. Good night all!

POP out of the blue..nice

I'm not camping out, personally, but I'll get there early in the morning. We have hotel reservations for Friday and Saturday, but it's a 6 hour drive from here (Indy) to Cleveland and I probably can't leave til 8:00 pm on Friday, so I won't get there til like 2:00 am :yikes: maybe we should just forego the hotel and head to the venue in the middle of the night, since I doubt we'll sleep much anyway (too much excitement!)...but mom prolly won't like that...

i can't stay on to chat, but here are a couple photos of me to add to the growing list. i'm not sure how to link one of them to my name on the list, maybe someone can do it for me. :help: thanks

and for those of you that weren't there watching, they are NOT photoshopped! (as many of my friends claim when first seeing these shots)

how do I feel when looking at these photos? :happy: :happy: :happy:

Me_Edge.jpg

Me_Bono.jpg

enggirl
beverly 56 and hubby!
April (LMPA)
Miroslava
Michelle (BonoIsAGod)
Catlady
Rachel (Catlady's friend)
Scarletwine
Bonoinakilt
jd45177
fair trade
Party Girl Man
macfesto
PartyGirl43
AtomicBono
Alec (AtomicBono's friend!)
thequeenofohiou
staylorz and hubby!
Ultraviolette & mom--who got me into U2 17 years ago!

If the weather is going to be freezing we're planning on bringing a propane heater. We're staying at The Renaissance,which I think is really close by. Anyone know for sure?

Here's a crap picture of me http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/alwayzveronica/j0001.jpg

Miroslava said:

I am not committing to ANYTHING until I get to Cleveland and gauge the weather. I have a hotel room for the night and I am prepared to use it should the weather suck royally :D

In light of all the excitement about meeting everyone here, I keep on pulling the time I'll be leaving on Sat morning back...it's a 4-hour drive (not that bad), and I can't let you have all the fun freezing to death without me! I think that this point I'll be dragging sister out of bed in the wee hours to hit the road and see y'all before noon (I'll just have to duck out of line for a while to go check into the hotel so they don't give away our room!)

But if there is a storm coming, we've decided to leave Friday night. You'll have to pull us out of snow drifts by our mitten clips! (not the tallest family int he world...)

an update to the list:

enggirl and sister (Tiffani and Dena)
beverly 56 and hubby!
April (LMPA)
Miroslava
Michelle (BonoIsAGod)
Catlady
Rachel (Catlady's friend)
Scarletwine
Bonoinakilt
jd45177
fair trade
Party Girl Man
macfesto
PartyGirl43
AtomicBono
Alec (AtomicBono's friend!)
thequeenofohiou
staylorz and hubby!
Ultraviolette & mom--who got me into U2 17 years ago!
Ruffian

Party Girl Man, you're hot. just so you know. the guys you're next to aren't too bad either :wink:

so how do you go about making signs? I mean do you just carry them around the whole show or what?

btw, my name is Astrid. Just so everyone knows. you can call me AtomicBono if you want though. I mean, I've never been called AtomicBono in real life, but you can do that, if you want.

Taking a break from Christmas Tree Decorating... one almost down, another one to go (I do my parents too :crack: )

So lets see, signs... If you're going to do one you just have to be strategic about when to show it. Unless you can hang it from the rail, you definitely do NOT want to have it above your head throughout the whole concert unless you want to get killed.

Also, for MOST signs, once the guys have acknowledged it, you should pretty much put it away (again, unless it is hanging from the railing OR if is a "guitar" sign). The guitar signs you definitely have to keep flashing here and there to remind them of where you are, but again, moderation is the key if you ask me.

Anyway, those are Miroslava's Sign Etiquette Rules :shrug:

Back to the tree... :wink:

Damn! I last read this thread at 3 pm at work! You guys are so fun. Hope to get to know ya'll more.

The wristband history is 3 pm then free til 5:30. If you park your tent next to the garage and not on the Gund side I think your free & clear from trespassing. So you should be able to camp there in the wind tunnel. My pics in my avatar so there you go.

Can't wait to meet so many Intererencers.

I think they owe a free concert to the RRHOF on Friday night for the promotion they have given them over the last 4 years. I mean we didn't get shit when the RRHOF gave them three Plus they owe Jim Henkey

Um....after viewing the thread 'Bono's Dancing Girls' my husband pointed out that most had on cami's or tanks....

one word:

burrrrrrrrr

Hoping Bono digs thermals...

PartyGirl43

Miroslava said:
Taking a break from Christmas Tree Decorating... one almost down, another one to go (I do my parents too :crack: )

So lets see, signs... If you're going to do one you just have to be strategic about when to show it. Unless you can hang it from the rail, you definitely do NOT want to have it above your head throughout the whole concert unless you want to get killed.

Also, for MOST signs, once the guys have acknowledged it, you should pretty much put it away (again, unless it is hanging from the railing OR if is a "guitar" sign). The guitar signs you definitely have to keep flashing here and there to remind them of where you are, but again, moderation is the key if you ask me.

Anyway, those are Miroslava's Sign Etiquette Rules :shrug:

Back to the tree... :wink:

:hmm: guitar signs... I have one week to learn Party Girl... :wink: it's just Bm, Em, A isn't it? or maybe it's just E instead of Em. I don't have a guitar here so I can't check. but I wanna get pulled up on stage :love:

sounds fair enough...but where do you PUT the signs? that's what i'm wondering. especially if you're in the ellipse. where do you put your signs and coats and stuff? do you just hold them? do you get a bag to put them in? if so, do you just wear the bag the whole concert? i mean if you put it on the floor it'll get trampled. and what about merchandise? what if I wanna buy stuff?

I'm full of questions. Seriously. I could go on for ages and ages.

AtomicBono said:

:hmm: guitar signs... I have one week to learn Party Girl... :wink: it's just Bm, Em, A isn't it? or maybe it's just E instead of Em. I don't have a guitar here so I can't check. but I wanna get pulled up on stage :love:

So long as you are mentally prepared to NOT be pulled up... I always walk in expecting nothing more than a GREAT show and anything else is just an amazing bonus :up:

AtomicBono said:

but where do you PUT the signs? that's what i'm wondering. especially if you're in the ellipse.

My original one which I haven't really used since hmm Detroit 2 I think.. is made of cloth so it easily folds. It also had strings in the corners so I could tie it to the rail. The signs I have been making for Adam, and the ones I made for Bono for Pittsburg, have just been on regular pieces of paper, so easy to fold in 4 and put in my back pocket...

AtomicBono said:

where do you put your signs and coats and stuff? do you just hold them? do you get a bag to put them in? if so, do you just wear the bag the whole concert? i mean if you put it on the floor it'll get trampled. and what about merchandise?
For Ottawa, which is the coldest show I have done (and believe me it was cold) I only had a zip up sweater a scarf and one of those body heat blankets. I got rid of the blanket before being let in. Once inside I tied my sweater around my waist and the scarf around the sleeve of my sweater. When I have been on the rail, I usually tie my messenger bag strap to one of the support beams from the barriers but I let the bag hang against my body and the barrier on the audience side, NOT inside the security pit as they don't really like that.

AtomicBono said:

what if I wanna buy stuff?
:shrug:

I have never bought anything. The booths generally do open before doors open, so you could probably buy ahead of time and take to your car?

Originally posted by AtomicBono I'm full of questions. Seriously. I could go on for ages and ages.

Ok, grab a paper bag and breathe. It's an order.

:lol:

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:
Damn! I last read this thread at 3 pm at work! You guys are so fun. Hope to get to know ya'll more.

The wristband history is 3 pm then free til 5:30. If you park your tent next to the garage and not on the Gund side I think your free & clear from trespassing. So you should be able to camp there in the wind tunnel. My pics in my avatar so there you go.

Is this confirmed? And whooooop deeeeeeee dooooooooo if that is the case.... A whole 2.5 hours? :grumpy:

partygirl43 said:
Um....after viewing the thread 'Bono's Dancing Girls' my husband pointed out that most had on cami's or tanks....

one word:

burrrrrrrrr

Hoping Bono digs thermals...

PartyGirl43

It gets REALLY hot on the floor, even on the front row. So while a lot of the clothing choices are somewhat vanity driven, the heat is definitely a factor.

Miroslava's right--it gets incredibly hot about the time they start playing Elevation (those bright white lights--eek!!). Layers is key.

I'll see everyone there. I'm definitely not camping. :no: However, I'll be in the line early morning unless it's frigid, and in that case I'll be there late. Look forward to meeting you all (if we can recognize each other under piles and piles of clothing!)

Miroslava said:

It gets REALLY hot on the floor, even on the front row. So while a lot of the clothing choices are somewhat vanity driven, the heat is definitely a factor.

well I imagine anything within a 100 feet radius of Bono is pretty hot, plus with The Edge being on fire and all...:wink:

Thanks for answering all my questions :lol: That's all I have for now, really. I do appreciate it a lot :up:

I dunno what I'd do if I got pulled up, honestly. I doubt I'd get pulled up to dance cuz I'm a little...er...young... (I was born in the year of Rattle and Hum, let's say) and I wouldn't know what to do anyway since I'm about as good a dancer as the B-man himself :lol: But guitar...man, I'd be nervous as hell and probably drop my pick or something. I do that a lot. But I bet I could pull it off, I'm sure the adrenaline rush would be amazing. I wouldn't expect to get pulled up, but for me it's harder to mentally prepare for the possibility that I COULD get pulled up, not that I probably won't. I'm just going to see a fucking amazing show is all. and hopefully meet Bono :wink:

Maybe I should transfer Mofo to acoustic guitar :wink: THAT would be a surprise.

I use :wink: a lot.

I'd take 40 degrees!

Sad, I know :reject:

and jd, I so love your AV. It makes me laugh every time! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom