daylight saving time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No More Sunlight in Arizona and Hawaii

Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) and Hawaii and the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa are the only places in the U.S. that do not observe DST but instead stay on "standard time" all year long. And if you've spent any time in the sweltering summer sun in those regions you can understand why residents don't need another hour of sunlight.

:wink:

Lila64 said:

Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) and Hawaii and the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa are the only places in the U.S. that do not observe DST but instead stay on "standard time" all year long. And if you've spent any time in the sweltering summer sun in those regions you can understand why residents don't need another hour of sunlight.

:wink:

:grumpy:

Lila64 said:

Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) and Hawaii and the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa are the only places in the U.S. that do not observe DST but instead stay on "standard time" all year long.

INCORRECT! Multiple areas of Northern Indiana, including South Bend do not observe Daylight savings time

:nerd: :reject: excuse me for sounding rude...don't know what got into me there

bono_212 said:

INCORRECT! Multiple areas of Northern Indiana, including South Bend do not observe Daylight savings time

:nerd: :reject: excuse me for sounding rude...don't know what got into me there

didnt indiana just pass a law where they decided to do daylughts savings time?

Last week UK put their clocks forward and on this site the time was a hour behind so i put the clock forward in my UserCP.

Now that the Americans have put the clocks forward i had to put my UserCP clock back an hour to its original time :nerd: :crack:

I don't know what to do with all the daylight I've been saving

maybe I'll spend it down in the red light district.
I'd say the workers there are pretty upset with having lost an hour of darkness

I woke up at noon It was actually 1:00 PM. I was not impressed. :angry:

The Dawning of DST in Indiana

Until April 2005, when Indiana passed a law agreeing to observe daylight saving time, the Hoosier state had its own unique and complex time system. Not only is the state split between two time zones, but until recently, only some parts of the state observed daylight saving time while the majority did not.

Under the old system, 77 of the state's 92 counties were in the Eastern Time Zone but did not change to daylight time in April. Instead they remained on standard time all year. That is, except for two counties near Cincinnati, Ohio, and Louisville, Ky., which did use daylight time.

But the counties in the northwest corner of the state (near Chicago) and the southwestern tip (near Evansville), which are in the Central Time Zone, used both standard and daylight time.

The battle between the old system and DST was contentious and hard-won—bills proposing DST had failed more than two dozen times in the past until it squeaked through the state legislature in April 2005. The old, familiar, bewildering system will remain in place for 2005; Indiana will join 47 other states in observing DST in April 2006.

So what the hell does this actually mean? Is Indiana still split?

WildHoneyAlways said:

So what the hell does this actually mean? Is Indiana still split?

The important question is... what time will the big game tomorrow night take place :hmm:

*U*C*L*A* fight fight fight!
2.gif

you know what...I kinda remember hearing about that now. No one knows what time zone anyone in Indiana is on

People complain about Bush, but that's obviously because they don't know who Mitch Daniels is (governor of IN)

This guy Sold our toll road to some company in Australia.
He cut funding to schools
AND
Proposed this ingenious idea to solve our half the states on one time zone, half the states on the other: Let individual counties chose which side they want to be on.

Oh yeah....You're definently "My Man" Mitch

I apolgize btw for the way I sounded last night, I was extremely tired

Back
Top Bottom