Custom avatars...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpsglick2424

Refugee
Hey everyone, Im guessing this might be the right forum but if i'm wrong please move it to the right forum but...

When I put in a custom avatar i need to find a picture that is very small to fit the proportions for it to be a avatar...

My question is that can I get any picture and shrink the picture to fit the avatar proportions? Can someone tell me how to do it if they know how to?

Thank you

-Zach

You'll need some sort of image editing software to crop and resize images in order to make custom avatars.

From the looks of it, that thread doesn't really explain how you resize an image so...

In this edition of graphics editing with GG, we will learn how to create an avatar! I'll be using Macromedia Fireworks for this demonstration, as I find it better for simple work in comparison to Adobe Photoshop.

First you open your image. In my case, a rather hideous shot of David Gilmour. Then, you select the crop tool. The crop tool looks the same in most image editing software. Once the crop tool has been selected, you then define the area you wish to crop for the icon. Keep the dimensions the same lengthwise and widthwise.

And voila! Your image is cropped. But you still need to resize it down to 72 x 72 pixels.

So, you go to the image resize option and enter in 72 x 72.

Then, after making sure that the file will be no larger than 7 KB, you save it and upload it. Hurrah, an avatar for Interference!

hideousnz6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom