Creed taking a heavy hit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooh...

david said:
I don't like Creed but I doubt they're going away any time soon. People thought they'd be gone as soon as they came, and that was back in 1997. Almost 5 years later their albums sell millions and hell their last album stayed #1 for quite a while. I don't think a band that sells that many records is just going to go away all the sudden.

They have a huge fan base and I really don't see them doing anything that is going to piss off their fan base so badly it makes them stop liking them.

But why do you people pay so much attention to Creed and their chart status? Do you have it out for them or something? I don't like them, I think they are boring, but I can't deny the fact that they do make hard rock songs, and their fans find just as much meaning in their songs and lyrics, as much as we do with U2. Sure they're snobby and whatever, what few rock stars aren't? People said the same things about U2 in the 80's.

"Look at them, they take themselves too seriously, who do they think they are, oh look at those god rockers, they have egos!"

*Applauds* Well said, David.

I'm not a fan of Creed, either-personally, I'm just sick of hearing their music all the time, but if some people out there love their music...*shrugs*. That's fine. We all have our music we love-the people who are fans of Creed obviously see something in them that we don't, so...whatever.

Angela

Hey
Creed is my 2nd favorite band (U2 is first) and i didn't really like what u had to say about them it was really mean to creed and all of thier fans...they have a very good concerts and their songs are good... :scream: :angry:
:heart: Stephanie

Edgegirl8u2 said:
Hey
Creed is my 2nd favorite band (U2 is first) and i didn't really like what u had to say about them it was really mean to creed and all of thier fans...they have a very good concerts and their songs are good... :scream: :angry:
:heart: Stephanie

:banghead: I'll never get it- I guess there has to be a portion of the population that buys John Tesh, Yanni, and Creed. So I guess the corporate music industry thanks you. Meanwhile back at the cemetery Hendrix, Lennon, Morrison and Jamerson all take turns spinning in their graves.

DorianGray said:
:banghead: I'll never get it- I guess there has to be a portion of the population that buys John Tesh, Yanni, and Creed. So I guess the corporate music industry thanks you. Meanwhile back at the cemetery Hendrix, Lennon, Morrison and Jamerson all take turns spinning in their graves.
i know. the one thing i don't get is when people get upset when others diss other bands. this is a U2 forum, so the only thing we all have in common is that. not all of us are going to like the same bands, and i'm sick of getting yelled at by creed fans because how dare we diss their most favourite band. i mean, really. if it means that much to you, take it to a creed forum.

You may be interested to hear that Scott Stapps favourite band is in fact u2, favourite album is Joshua Tree. Its the only album he could ever relate to as a child.

Its great to see everybodies opinions on this. The blanket disbelief at how massive Creed have become in just 4 years seems to annoy many critics and music fans alike. I mean after that long U2 were just releasing UF.

And as for the arrogance thing, hmmm, all a matter of opinion. I mean Look at Larry Mullen Junior........dont try and tell he doesnt appear to be up himself....just look at the way he prances onto stage on the bopston dvd...

I don't think that's true but if it were at least Larry can back it up. Creed is all attitude with no substance. Creed told the press they were going into the studio to create their "Joshua Tree". I don't think their latest album is the Joshua Tree.

Sorry, you just can't convince me that Creed has talent, any hack can go to the music shop and buy Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, Quiet Riot sheet music and an out of tune Les Paul and with enough time they can play just like Creed.

Once again, because it's worth repeating: Creed sucks.
:yuck:

Back
Top Bottom