Couple of questions about the last night's show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
1. Original of the Species - Edge on piano or the guitar?
2. A reviewer on U2tours.com has stated that Zoo Station and The Fly were originally on the setlist and were replaced by The First Time and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. And that there was supposed to be one more song after "40". Can anyone confirm this?

I'm not sure about #2, but as far as #1, it was Edge on Guitar, Bono on his Irish Falcon and I'm assuming it was Terry Lawless on keyboards (but it could have been someone else). There was a guy on the keyboards.

ramblin rose said:
I'm not sure about #2, but as far as #1, it was Edge on Guitar, Bono on his Irish Falcon and I'm assuming it was Terry Lawless on keyboards (but it could have been someone else). There was a guy on the keyboards.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Finally OOTS gets the treatment it deserves, with Edge on his axe for the entire song :D

actually it was lucy lawless on the keyboards... :wink:

i have a copy of the original setlist... and yes, zoo station & the fly were on it... the first time and who's gonna ride your wild horses were played instead.

the first time is listed in parenthesis before "40" i guess that means it was supposed to be a snippet.

"40" is the last song printed on the setlist.

Still reckon they want to give Larry a break - didn't he have any problems with his arms? So by extendint the break for him, it might be easier.

Just a wild guess.

I hope the bring back the pop encore at some stage again.

My predictions and hopes:

Night 3: Out of Control, Gloria, Zoo Station, The Fly, Bad
Night 4: An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, New Year's Day, MOFO, Discotheque, Mysterious Ways
Night 5: Running To Stand Still, Until the End of the World, Party Girl, DIRTY DAY...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i have a copy of the original setlist... and yes, zoo station & the fly were on it... the first time and who's gonna ride your wild horses were played instead.
Great! I think this means that they have rehearsed Zoo Station and The Fly and that at least they’re still considering them for the next shows! Awesome! :drool:

Bono held some ridiculous notes yesterday, on the "Sing" in sometimes... and on the opera part of "Miss Sarajevo."

Headache in a Suitcase said:
actually it was lucy lawless on the keyboards... :wink:

the first time is listed in parenthesis before "40" i guess that means it was supposed to be a snippet.

"40" is the last song printed on the setlist.

*waves at Shannon* we saw you from our seats..first level up, right above where you were. Got some pics for ya too...includin one of Tony sleepin on your shoulder :)

i too think larry may be hurting, thus the reason for the slower encores

Yes, something is bothering Larry. You saw it on Conan and people said he looked angry at a certain moment at the end of the first NY show.

dafish1234 said:
Bono held some ridiculous notes yesterday, on the "Sing" in sometimes... and on the opera part of "Miss Sarajevo."

Good to hear! He was a slight bit scratchy when they started the Conan show the other night.

Get this boy some tea & honey!

djerdap said:
My predictions and hopes:

Night 3: Out of Control, Gloria, Zoo Station, The Fly, Bad

I wish!!! I want to hear Gloria and Bad in the worst way!!! If they did those two songs, I could honestly care less about the rest of the setlist on Monday (and all of Friday, which I also have tix for, for that matter)...after those two songs, anything else is A-OK w/ moi!!! :wink:

mabel said:

I wish!!! I want to hear Gloria and Bad in the worst way!!! If they did those two songs, I could honestly care less about the rest of the setlist on Monday (and all of Friday, which I also have tix for, for that matter)...after those two songs, anything else is A-OK w/ moi!!! :wink:

Ditto!

I'm going to Monday and Friday, but I'm almost afraid to look at the setlist for Tuesday. If they play Gloria and Bad on Tuesday, I'll be so bummed! I would tend to think my chances of getting at least Bad at one of those two shows must be quasi-decent though. You'd think at least for Friday, right? *fingers crossed*

U2Man said:
Yes, something is bothering Larry. You saw it on Conan and people said he looked angry at a certain moment at the end of the first NY show.

If that's the case I hope they do the acoustic encore until he's back to full health

give him some bull's blood!
:flanaganbookreference:

and Gloria needs to be played every night, no excuses

You could tell that Edge was about to start a song, and Bono walked over and whispered something in his ear. Edge then re-tuned while Bono teased him, "Very professional, Edge". They then went into a semi-acoustic Wild Horses. Very good version.

Wasn't it the second show where we got reports on the setlist party that at the start of the first encore, there were problems with Larry's drums?

It was at that moment - as news of First Time/WGRYWH came through - that I suspected we were meant to get something more rocking.

:sad:

i wanted so badly to see zoo station or discotheque last night...

i was very disappointed when they started the first time (although i do love this song).

this thread makes me even more disappointed.

Canadiens1160 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Finally OOTS gets the treatment it deserves, with Edge on his axe for the entire song :D

Well, they also played it like this (I assume by the description of having Edge on guitar and Terry Lawless on keyboard) at the third Amsterdam gig. So the song already got the treatment. :wink:

Did anyone else notice how Bono had a little trouble groping for the mic after he had put his blindfold on and a crew member had to jump up on stage to help him? I thought that was really funny. :lol:

It didn't appear to me that Larry was in a bad way...I thought his drumming was great. I was sitting pretty close to him.

no, larrys drumming was great. i think his wrists are hurting him and thus the abscense of the fly , zoo station in favor of acoustic the first time and wild horses.

StlElevation said:
no, larrys drumming was great. i think his wrists are hurting him and thus the abscense of the fly , zoo station in favor of acoustic the first time and wild horses.

Why dump ZS/Fly when SBS/Bullet seem to be far more strenuous?

Back
Top Bottom