Confirmed! Golden shower reference in "MLK"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg

Golden showers aren't possible. You couldn't heat it up to a liquid state with a typical water heater!

tumblr_lucr58AFOs1qfyule.jpg

I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a lot of use out of that picture on this forum until the next album comes out.

I'm more disturbed by the fact that that lyric is preceded by "Sleep, sleep tonight". Insinuating that one of two persons would be asleep. That's sick man!

So, this one person is going to sleep, and dreams about being on the receiving end of the golden showers, while asleep?

Damn. That's deep.

Well an orgasm is actually the best pain medication there is. The endorphins released are great painkillers. So in reality, when a woman says "not tonight honey, I have a headache", she means "Please do me, I need some painkillers".

Well an orgasm is actually the best pain medication there is. The endorphins released are great painkillers. So in reality, when a woman says "not tonight honey, I have a headache", she means "Please do me, I need some painkillers".

Quote of the thread.

I'm for fun and all, but I still think it's a little sad that this forum is mainly used for nonsense topics, which is a shame because there is so much stuff to discuss about the lyrics in U2 songs. Still, I find hardly any interesting or deep, thoughtful topics here. I don't want to spoil the party, I'm just saying that I think there's so much potential but so little is made of it. Why isn't there a more profound discussion going on in this forum?

I guess it has to be a mixture of boredom, end-of-tour-and-still-no-new-album-nihilism and the insanity and hystery of Christmas approaching. :sigh:

If I go by the lil page count thingy at the bottom of the page, there are no less than 1,145 posts in this particular area of the forum. Going way out on a limb here, probably 98% of them are incredible discussions about the profound nature of U2`s lyrics...so this one lil thread is likely harmless..

Isn't it ironic that when people post that they don't want to do something, the remainder of their post is doing that exact thing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom