Concerts you've walked out of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oasis - their first Aussie tour. They played in Brisbane, and unfortunantly that was the night Liam was arrested for punching a fan outside his hotel. So basically at the gig later that day Liam sung a whole 4 songs with his back to the audience, then walked off. Noel struggled on for about 40 minutes then the lights came up and that was it. About 55 minutes of Oasis. I can understand Liam being pissed off, but A) he shouldnt have hit the fan and B) he should have just fucking cancelled the show. Either turn up and perform or fuck off. Man, I am still angry about that.

I took my little sister to see Delta Goodrem recently and only made it through about 6 songs before hitting the bar.

Also Metallica a couple of years back when they were in Australia for the Big Day Out - they insisted on paying so much of 'St Amnger' there was an exodus mid set.

i basically did walk out during the kings of leon's set. i stood in line to get water while they were playing. i missed the first half of their set because we got to the show a little late, and standing in line kept me away for all but the last song. terrible band.

normally if whiny pop-punk bands are opening for a headliner i'm going to see, i'll stand as far to the back of the room as possible, but i won't actually leave. or i'll stay up near the front and heckle them between songs (hey, i'm an asshole). i've only actually walked out once, during one particularly bad pop-punk band's set at a toasters show. it wasn't necessarily that the band was so bad, it was just that i had sat through about 4 other bands that sounded exactly the same and i thought that if i didn't go outside for a bit, i might jump on stage and strangle their singer.

does walking away from bands' sets at festival-type things count?

Painful opening acts. There was this band, Horsehead (or Horses Arse as we renamed them) who opened for U2 or Metallica at some big stadium show here. They were fucking horrendous. I met this guy who reckons this band is his favourite Australian band ever and bemoans the fact they are no more. How can people have such a differing view of a band?

One I wanted to walk out on was Bryan Adams at some mixed bill thing as well. I see a pattern with beli here, lol. Actualy beli, this was one show where I got to witness him, Sting and the Other Guy (minus the Other Guy who wasn't actually there) do the 'All For One' torture routine. Fuck me sideways, it hurt.
:grumpy:

Loads of shows. I used to work at a big club where there were bands playing every day in one of the three halls it consisted of and lots of them were crap.

Also, if you see that many shows, a band has to be really special to keep you entertained.

I fell asleep during one of KOL's sets when they opened up for u2 in May... :lol: :reject:

I've never walked out of any concerts I've gone to though. I wish I did for Creed when I saw them 2 years ago. :|

Yanni! - It was a free ticket to begin with.
Grateful Dead - I didn’t get it.
REM - Walked 'away' during their set because The Sex Pistols were down the block (San Diego Street Scene)

I wanted to walk ANYWHERE from Starsailor opening for U2 in Cardiff. Bloody AWFUL. Bad sound made the singer ten times worse...

Kings of leon are a fucking fantastic band, i would have killed to see them open for U2, although i have seen them 3 times this year already.

seen a few small indie bands that i've walked out on because they just bored me but they we're mainly support acts before the main attraction.

Saw a band called Nine Black Alps at the Reading Festival this weekend, i would have loved to walk out on them but my mates wanted to stay and watch them. When the set finally finished we all agreed that they were a dreadful band.

Dalton said:
I fell asleep at a Fiona Apple show....

:shh: i know people who would lynch you for that

i had this conversation just yesterday...
walked out of a Ted Nugent show. it was easily the loudest show i've ever seen. could swear my ears were going to start bleeding.

they rang for four days after the show

wango tango my :censored:

i've walked out on a few shows but trust me there have been many more shows that i wished i walked out on.

staind - slept through most of their set.

taking back sunday - they played at a concert festival...i used their playing time for a bathroom break.

modest mouse - i wish i walked out on them. i saw them twice...the first time i thought they were great...the second time i was bored...maybe it was me, not them...

alicia keys - i think some of her songs are lovely but i really wish i saved my $40 and not have seen her (was kinda forced to go). she's a great performer but i just wasn't into it. i almost fell asleep (but i didn't walk out).

I've walked out of:
Venus Hum
Dave Matthews Band
Creed
Carmen (christian singer)
Phish
Athlete - but as hippy (from interference forum) can attest, i was having a breakdown of sorts!!!
Black Eyed Peas
Smash Mouth

hippy said:

:hug:

But it all turned out okay! :D

Plus, it was damn hot in that place! We barely made it through Snow Patrol without dying of heat exhaustion much less another hour and a half in there!

Awww.. yes it was hawt as hellll in there! miss you, chica :hug:

Let it be known across the land that I would pay money for a Fall concert just to have the privelage of saying 'Yeah, I walked out of a Fall show...'

HelloAngel said:

Awww.. yes it was hawt as hellll in there! miss you, chica :hug:

miss you too! :hug:

aaaaand... you've got mail :)

I also thought of another concert:

When I was 16, my mom, my younger brothers and I went to a Frampton, Styx, Sammy Hagar concert. We ended up having to leave halfway through Sammy because my bros were tired (and it was like midnight lol) and people were starting to get drunk and spill beer on us :huh:

I did get to see the Sammy "classics" like "I Can't Drive 55" and "Mas Tequila"

Nothing like a 16, 14, and 10 year old yelling "MAS TEQUILA" along with their mother :lol:

The opening act for U2 ... Kings Of Leon !! :yuck:

Actually, went into the outer lobby of the UC with my friends and drank a beer instead ... although, we still heard their music, we didn't have to watch them perform. :applaud:

We definitely returned for U2's performance, of course !! :wink:

I left a Kaiser Chiefs gig after three songs. Admittedly I'd only really gone to see the support band (The Cribs) and wasn't expecting to enjoy Kaiser Chiefs, but I didn't expect them to be so bad I'd actually walk out.

I wandered off after about 30 seconds of KoL. Singer sounded like a dying pig.

I walked out of WBCN's "Xmas Rave" show that was SUPPOSED to be Coheed&Cambria, Lostprophets and Hoobastank because:

1) Co&Ca had cancelled due to family illness :(
and the local "filler" band wasn't even listenable...

2) I was only there to see Co&CA and Lostprophets anyway..

3) Stayed for Lps's set and walked out in disgust afterwards -- the BAND was great, it was the fucking FAT COWS SITTING ON THEIR ARSES in the AUDIENCE that sucked. The Orpheum unfortunately has fixed seats in Orchestra, so there's no open space to dance or move around, but you can sure as hell bounce! and the people around me just... sat.... there. Fucking LOSTPROPHETS.. this band has been headlining these gigantic festivals (READING!!) in England but Boston can't be arsed to STAND UP while they're playing??? It wasn't even polite disinterest, it was goddamned RUDE.

:rant: *rant* *wheeze* :rant:

so yeah, I didn't give a shit about hoobastank OR their stupid fucking rude fans at that point and walked out.

Also wandered off during Chimaira's set at a multi-band show... god they were ass. Ill Nino opened, Machinehead, and Fear Factory headlining were all awesome.. these guys drove me right outta the hall. blech.

Wolfeden, NEVER come to a concert in Australia. I went to see the Finn Brothers in Brisbane last month and the entire crowd DID NOT MOVE. When the Finns busted into I Got You, there wasn't even any bouncing in the seats of excitement. It was like they were watching a fucking movie! I was lucky that I was in the third-last row and the back row was empty, so I just went up there and danced. My mother's been to concerts before here (this was my first concert in Australia) where she's been in the middle of the crowd, gotten up to dance, and been physically dragged back into her seat by the person behind her. Unbelieveable rudeness.

Motley Crue in '97. I walked out about 45 mins into the show. I would've left sooner, but I stood there for a while trying to remember why I was even there in the first place.

Axver said:
Wolfeden, NEVER come to a concert in Australia. I went to see the Finn Brothers in Brisbane last month and the entire crowd DID NOT MOVE. When the Finns busted into I Got You, there wasn't even any bouncing in the seats of excitement. It was like they were watching a fucking movie! I was lucky that I was in the third-last row and the back row was empty, so I just went up there and danced. My mother's been to concerts before here (this was my first concert in Australia) where she's been in the middle of the crowd, gotten up to dance, and been physically dragged back into her seat by the person behind her. Unbelieveable rudeness.

I've been to maybe 30 concerts in my time, and found that immobility is an exception. And it does depend on the band. The difficulty is in predicting what the majority of the crowd will do.

Angela Harlem said:

I've been to maybe 30 concerts in my time, and found that immobility is an exception. And it does depend on the band. The difficulty is in predicting what the majority of the crowd will do.

Maybe down your way, it's better? Members of my family have been to quite a number of concerts in Brisbane and the Gold Coast and now refuse to go because at every single show, it's been the same. I had to convince my mother to make an exception for the Finns.

I just couldn't believe it when no-one even MOVED (let alone stood) for something as rocking as I Got You. If I didn't love that song so much (I rather forgot about everyone after the opening notes and rocked out), I probably would've just stood there staring at the crowd in disbelief.

Hmm, I wonder. I admit I've never seen a concert outside of Sydney, but there has been a difference in some. I wonder what factors play into it, as I've never seen a pattern really, beyond knowing that standing room down the front is where there will almost always be movement. The stands are a different matter, for sure. I think even at Popmart, people stood, but didn't move much. The best atmospheres were at shows like ZooTV, Metallica, INXS, Crowdies (it was an outdoor venue though)...:hmm: Weird, huh. No matter though, it's bloody annoying as you also feel you cannot stand up first incase no one else follows and you piss off an entire bay of people.

I think it's very much a crowd vibe thing...

I went to back-to-back nights at the Opera House as you know Ax, and Friday night was exactly as you said... dead to the world... Saturday night was magic.... which made no sense because Friday night was the one that sold out in an hour for all the die hards. Saturday Night sold out a bit more slowly... yet everyone stood for the entireity of the last 8 songs... which is reasonable. It just seems random based on the "vibe" that night. There is only so much the performers can do. Mind you I don't think sitting through a 60 minute "movie" in Mercury Rev didn't help energize the crowd in our scenario.

Newcaslte blew them both away again. I :love: Newcastle crowds... (although the city is a bit of a ghost town :yikes: )

Well, hey, Axver, if I'd been there, you can bet I would've been rocking out :D. I can't imagine sitting still during a good song. That concept seems...foreign to me :huh:.

Anywho, concerts I've walked out of-only one, Brian...Johnson, I believe, is his last name, the lead singer of Bad Company-he was part of a thing with two other artists that night, and he was the last one, and my family left halfway through just 'cause it was getting late and we were tired and stuff. The show was okay, but that was the big reason.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom