Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would probably kill the random appeal of him interrupting and irritating them though.

I don't think NBC is driving the car, here. I think it's the advertisers who don't pay as much for internet views, meaning NBC can't get as much profit for a 2.2 equivalent of 18-34 YOs online compared to a 2.2 share watching TV.

I don't think NBC is driving the car, here. I think it's the advertisers who don't pay as much for internet views, meaning NBC can't get as much profit for a 2.2 equivalent of 18-34 YOs online compared to a 2.2 share watching TV.

:angry: boo advertisers

Yvette Nicole Brown pointed out on KROQ last week that they're 16 episodes away from syndication numbers and since NBC owns a portion of the show, she believes the network would order at least that many episodes to recoup some of its investment. It's not a full season, but I think Dan Harmon could wrap up Jeff's degree arc in that amount of time.

Once again this episode completely hit me close to home (running through so many scenarios & plans in your head that rolling with life's punches is difficult, yeah that's me to a T), but caught me off guard given the setup, just like the wrap up last week.

Also, Dean Pelton's reflexive moment of regret & his walk of shame may just be the single funniest moment this show has ever done. At the very least it elicited my biggest laugh from this show.

I thought Pillows and Blankets was straining harder to be clever than it ended up being, but I loved the Dreamatorium concept and execution.

Joel McHale doing Abed doing Jeff was amazing.

I LIKE GIRLS IN PAJAMAS BETTER THAN LINGERIE...I JUST LIKE TO KNOW THAT THEY'RE COMFORTABLE!

I DIDN'T GET INCEPTION! I ADMIT IT! THERE WERE TOO MANY LAYERS!

Also the soap opera moment with Shirley & Pierce was a highlight.

I absolutely loved Troy just breaking down and rattling off all those truths of his. And the Dean! Oh, Dean Pelton. I love you. Great one-liner from Pierce as well, the whole "I don't know what the hell's going on here" thing.

And the whole Annie/Jeff doctor thing. Um. Yeah :shifty: (their little argument where Annie talked about inseminating his wife cracked me up, too).

Such a strange, strange episode, but I liked what they did with it, it was very interesting. Proof again too that less common pairings are good for the show-Jeff and Shirley, now Annie and Abed.

I'd heard that as well about the finale being an hour long. Can't wait to see what they'll do with that.

We effectively had an hour finale last season, though the style drastically changes in the middle.

It was a bad mistake by Dan Harmon to have that Shirley/Jeff episode from early Season 1 end the Jeff/Shirley pairings for a while. Jeff's actually a bit of an adult, and that's kind of an anchor for Shirley have something in common with the rest of the group (Pierce being turned too infantile).

They've rectified that this season though, & we even got the line acknowledging how good they are "You're the only one who truly understands me". Team Jerley.

Another great one....really dug the Ken Burns episode last week....if that was the one that aired last week. Just a coincidence, I guess, that the first few episodes to air after they "came back" were rather weak.

Glad Abed is back... he'd been a real jerk of late. Did love that ep, I'll have to watch it a few times.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm finding myself laughing less at Community than I have in the past. Still just as good, and it's on a hot streak at the moment, but yeah, haven't had any huge bouts of laughter in a long time.

Troy crying is one of the funniest things the world has ever known.

#halfaccuratechang was trending earlier today.

I do disagree, they have been going more for character moments of late but it's still riddled with all kinds of great jokes & gags. As I said the Dean's self criticism & walk of shame got probably the biggest laugh out of me from this show ever. And yeah Troy's breakdowns are always a highlight.

Just a coincidence, I guess, that the first few episodes to air after they "came back" were rather weak.

As I've heard it, some of those were already set to go by the time the hiatus came along, maybe they didn't have a chance to do any polishing with them or something. Plus, I think a couple might've been out of order or something, too. Dunno.

I too have still managed to find some good laughs in the last few episodes, but at the same time, I appreciate them dealing with some more mature topics as well. These guys can't stay a wacky bunch of college students forever, and since graduation's coming for Jeff and whatnot next season, and the group may soon have to be separated and the younger ones have to soon learn to be more independent, and so on, that's going to kill some of the fun. Not to say they can't still have their crazy, goofy moments, but the real world will be interfering a lot more with those.

Also, the miranda rights moment was probably my favorite. But Shirley as the commander & the fish tank as an inadequate approximation of a two-way mirror certainly rival it.

The death was the only character I could think of that I wouldn't care if they were killed off, but I didn't think they'd be the one to go b/c the actor is a member of the writing staff.

Won't miss him. The joke has been stale for a while now, and they've got a great set of ancillary characters remaining.

it didn't surprise me too much because i think i'd read he didn't like playing the role much. but yeah, out of all the characters it could've been, it made the most sense.

and the episode was brilliant. i loved it.

Seeing Pelton hoola-hooping in the office as everyone ran by cracked me up. As did the song he sang to Troy and Abed at the end...what the hell?

Also loved, LOVED the way they played on the show's opening theme, and this bit:

Jeff: *Looks at Pelton* Uniform.
*Pelton gets all gushy and woozy and whatnot*
Jeff: Ugh *Rolls eyes and walks out*

And I certainly wasn't ruling Star-Burns out, but damn if I actually didn't get a bit of a knot in my stomach when the phone rang and there was that silence anyway. Way to work that into the story.

Good stuff, this episode. Yes.

Back
Top Bottom