collector's ed. bonus on amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a 5 minute promo video for the album. Totally new footage (aside from a few moments of the studio Vertigo video), although I think we've heard some of these quotes before.

More importantly though, we hear the beginning of L&PoE... and what a beginning it is.

Go to http://yousendit.com, put in any e-mail address (doesn't matter), select the file, and click the submit button. This will take a while, but once it finishes, it'll give you a URL to the file. Paste that here :)

how could someone possibly give L & POE a "4"?? I mean the only way that song gets a 4 is if Edge starts playing a Harp halfway through the song.

jer2911 said:
how could someone possibly give L & POE a "4"?? I mean the only way that song gets a 4 is if Edge starts playing a Harp halfway through the song.

Maybe he plays the banjo. :eyebrow:

Anyway, another big thanks to gorman (and everybody else who helped) for this.

Is there video? I'm just getting audio.. (no complaints though!!)

I really hope the footage shown while L&PoE is used for a music video for the song. It's the most moody, emotive, and overall fitting footage I've seen for any U2 video. Vertigo had a fun video, but I'd kill for a full-length version of this.

Jim said:
Is there video? I'm just getting audio.. (no complaints though!!)

Yeah! Use Windows Media Player 9 or above :) I'm going to try and create a Quicktime version in a little while though.

By the way, thanks for the thanks everyone. I was going to get the collectors edition anyway, so why not now? And of course, I'll get the normal version in stores the second its available in the city ;)

In case the link stops working, here's a new one: http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=358F10DCE7AEE20800C0F90A0C689937

I have two others uploaded, which I'll post links to as needed.

Gorman, dude, seriously. I can't thank you enough for doing that. this little video made my day like 10 times less shitty. :wink:

Lancemc said:
Gorman, dude, seriously. I can't thank you enough for doing that. this little video made my day like 10 times less shitty. :wink:

I know how you feel! Glad I could help out

gorman said:
I really hope the footage shown while L&PoE is used for a music video for the song. It's the most moody, emotive, and overall fitting footage I've seen for any U2 video. Vertigo had a fun video, but I'd kill for a full-length version of this.

That footage will most likely be on the "Lisbon video" for the Jacknife remix of Vertigo. It was shot by Anton Corbijn in an industrial area on the outskirts of Lisbon.

Jaxx said:

That footage will most likely be on the "Lisbon video" for the Jacknife remix of Vertigo. It was shot by Anton Corbijn in an industrial area on the outskirts of Lisbon.

Hmm yeah, true, I remember seeing it on the remix video clip. Sort of a shame, because it just seems so fitting for this song. Ah well, just glad it exists for something :)

GREAT! I love the start of L&POE, and it wasn't what I was expecting at all..it just goes to prove what happens if you read too many review before you've even heard the thing!!

LOVE the imagery.. lots of stuff down in the Dublin docklands..

Thanks again Gorman (I've got the video going now ;) )

I have to ask David - were you ever tracked down by 'namesakes tracer' Dave Gorman?

If you've no idea what I'm talking about he's a British comedian who had a whole series in the UK tracking down people all over the world with the same name as him. www.davegorman.com

Just curious !?" :)

gorman said:

I know how you feel! Glad I could help out

Thanks from me too. Downloading it now! :up:
You really are good - seeing that the sun just came out from raining all day. besides I been walking around on the verge of tears - so thanks for a little light in this day.:heart:

Jim said:
I have to ask David - were you ever tracked down by 'namesakes tracer' Dave Gorman?

If you've no idea what I'm talking about he's a British comedian who had a whole series in the UK tracking down people all over the world with the same name as him. www.davegorman.com

Just curious !?" :)

Hehe, yeah, I've actually talked to him :) Unfortunately, by the time I found out about it, he was done with the TV show. He said he'd contact me in the future though if he needed me for anything. I watched the show on BBC America though, and it was hilarious. I'm sorry I wasn't part of it. To this day, I still think to myself "what are the chances", because I thought my name was somewhat unique :)

WOW!!!

Of all the crappy clips we've heard so far, Love and Peace was my favorite. Even that intro, though, totally exceeded my expectations. It just has such a great sound. I can't wait to hear the rest of it!

I love that Vertigo remix too.

I'm getting more excited.

nurse chrissi said:
found this on the @u2 mailing list....

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (Collector's Edition) ~ U2
An exclusive video featuring U2 describing the creation of the new album.

about a five minute interview with the band - LPOE snippet as well as vertigo HQ video snippets
you have to buy the collectors edition to see this video - and if you have already ordered the collectors ed my advice would be to cx you order and then renew it since this is a new bonus :mad: but well worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-5669309-5919158?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

You had me worried there for a moment.. I just pre ordered this on the 1st (Nov). Went in a checked my account and its the same one. Thanks for the heads up for others however :heart:

Back
Top Bottom