Coldplay must open for U2 on the next tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
...Coldplay must open for U2 on the next tour! What with the similarities they share, and Chris Martin enjoying U2's company it is a sure-fire hit.... plus Coldplay makes some killer 'chunes as well. Any agreers out there? Anything think I am an asshole for even suggesting it?

I'm a die hard Coldplay fan as well as a super mega die hard U2 fan. I love Coldplay's music, I have all their songs and I like how Chris is a huge U2 fan. But does U2 like their music? I don't know. I would like to know what U2 thinks of Coldplay. And I would love for Coldplay to open for U2, but that aint gonna happen I don't think.

Coldplay opened for U2 the first Slane concert.
But I don't think it's going to happen anymore. Not only will the band probably be in the studio for their follow-up to A Rush Of Blood To The Head, they are also too big for an opening slot (I think). They can fill arenas on their own.

C ya!

Marty

too big. like the last caller said. Anyone but Kelis (bizarre choice) as per Elevation UK.

Last edited:
Angela Harlem, in the words of Elton John....

"Whaddo I gotta do to make you love me?" ANSWER ME! I AM NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL! no sarcasm intended.

Coldplay is one of the most popular rock bands in the world - they have no need to open for U2, and most likely will not on a world tour.

Chris Martin is gaY? But... I thought he was happily married and even has a new child? And what about all the love songs he write? Is it all just a huge scam for him to get within pouncing distance of Bono, or worse my sweet ass?

Back
Top Bottom