Coldplay and U2 in the same weekend in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OffAxis

Acrobat
For those of you going to Chicago to catch U2. Just an FYI, Coldplay is playing a buzz gig at The Metro on Friday, May 6. Tix go on sale on Sat at 10:00 (Chicago time). It is the whole "will call only" thing so no scalpers, but that also means you can't have your friends help out in the search for tix. Good luck!!

This might be the wrong place to post, but this is where it will most likely be read and I want someone to pull of the unbelievable and catch Coldplay on a Friday night in a club and see U2 at the United Center on Saturday night. If both were front row experiences, all the better. I just want to live vicariously through someone who could possibly make this happen.

I'm gonna be going to all 4 U2 gigs in Chicago and will definitely be trying to get Coldplay tix this saturday. We'll see how that goes, wish me luck......Also that week of the U2 shows, snow patrol are playing a gig in chicago as are the killers.....oh yea, bruce springsteen will be here that week and so will doves and stereophonics....too bad i cant go to half of those shows since i'm going to all the u2 gigs.....a lot of these bands are playing the same night as u2

U2One said:
I'm gonna be going to all 4 U2 gigs in Chicago and will definitely be trying to get Coldplay tix this saturday. We'll see how that goes, wish me luck......Also that week of the U2 shows, snow patrol are playing a gig in chicago as are the killers.....oh yea, bruce springsteen will be here that week and so will doves and stereophonics....too bad i cant go to half of those shows since i'm going to all the u2 gigs.....a lot of these bands are playing the same night as u2

It's seriously nutty. Chicago is the place to be right now. I actually just looked and the "will call only" thing is not listed under the metro date on ticketmaster, so I can try to help someone get tix.

Yeah, Snow Patrol the same night as the Thursday U2 gig, May 12th :( I wish someone would abduct Kings of Leon and sneak in Snow Patrol at the United Center...

And Bruce! Maybe we'll get a jam with a bunch of guest muscians...

Coldplay and U2 are both going to be in the NY area as well, during May 17 - May 21. There's a semi-exclusive gig Coldplay's doing the night before at Beacon Theatre the night before I see U2 at CAA. I totally know what you mean. I'm going nuts waiting for more info about it... if I can get into that gig, i will be :drool: :dancing: :hyper: :rockon:

By the way, the smileys here are 10 times better than the ones on the Coldplay message board. :wink:

I also have plans to see both U2 & Coldplay in the same weekend!

But mine are in Dublin (U2 6/25) then London (Coldplay 6/27).

By the way, I'm not a huge Kings of Leon fan, but I think Snow Patrol is kinda Sad Bastard music - as Barry would say - and anytime you see an opener, they're ALWAYS gonna suck. The sound isn't set up for them.

pookybear said:
Coldplay and U2 are both going to be in the NY area as well, during May 17 - May 21. There's a semi-exclusive gig Coldplay's doing the night before at Beacon Theatre the night before I see U2 at CAA. I totally know what you mean. I'm going nuts waiting for more info about it... if I can get into that gig, i will be :drool: :dancing: :hyper: :rockon:

By the way, the smileys here are 10 times better than the ones on the Coldplay message board. :wink:

Any more info on the NYC gig? Where can you buy tickets? Who else will be there? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The Beacon Theatre gig is on the 17th, but nothing has been announced yet about how to get tickets for it except for a $1,370 travel package with hotel, vip, etc. that coldplay.com is offering right now which includes tix to it. I really hope there's another way of getting tickets (that doesn't involve connections hopefully).

I think it's a Storytellers. You can try to win tickets via their website. I figure if I actually won them it would be worth the plane ticket out to see that.

u2wedge said:
Coldplay is out to kick U2's ass...

Interesting, read this, could be a big battle that weekend: http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=141356026&p=y4y35673z

I love it! Because in reality, U2's not going to be around much longer and it would be great to have a band that I like so much slide in to their place. Although, I don't think they'll ever be as big. They don't have that spiritual side that U2 does. U2 has such a mass appeal in big part due to their use of spirituality in songs. Coldplay does really touch on this subject so they will never appeal as much to some people. Just my opinion.

I also like it because if they are putting a picture of U2 on the wall in the recording studio, that's a huge compliment/homage.

Good time to be in Chicago?

U2 - May 7,9,10,12 (United Center)
Coldplay - May 6 (Metro)
Springsteen - May 11 (Rosemont Theatre)
Wilco - May 4,5,6,7 (Vic Theatre)
Snow Patrol - May 12 (Vic Theatre)
The Killers - May 11 (Riviera Theatre)
Billy Idol - May 12 (Congress Theatre)
Stereophonics - May 9 (Metro)

Back
Top Bottom