Clean Sweep #2: It's A Musical Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

Oh god yes that's brilliant! Maybe for a future tour.... I would LOVE to see Exit

will we be hearing it sunday?

I'm dying for Exit too.

It's not actually in the set at the moment, but I'll revise it.

Maybe I should just say to hell with a realistic song limit.

Alisaura said:
I still need to try that segue of yours, Ax... wonder if can I find it now? :lol:

You'll get to try it soon, trust me on that one.

And that's all I'm saying on the matter.

Exit -> LAPOE... damn, that sounds bizarre but hawt. I loved LAPOE live... it's my fave track off Bomb.

I think because they're both dark, they'd suit each other, and the heavy bass and atmospherics at the end of Exit would go well into LAPOE's sinister intro.

LAPOE's one of the few HTDAAB songs I still like. And it fucking owned live. GO, FLAILING BONO, GO!

I so didn't expect to see the end of another thread... :lol:

Nor did I. I thought this was stuffed for all money.

But then, when I collapsed last night, I thought that was similarly buggered too.

Maybe this will become a roving Interference institution. :wink:

I should go it's 1030 and now actually time for early lunch. i remember saying i wouldn't in hell stay til now lol

i am getting 1 ticket but may have already convinced a friend to see them with me.

Axver said:
So am I, I think. I'm pushing through the sleep deprivation. Let's get this to 1,000. We can do it, I know we can. Especially if PFan or someone appears.
Bah, who needs him! We can do just fine on our own... take one for the team... push through the pack,... it's not over till the siren sounds...

</tripod-inspired-football-cliches>

I :heart: Tripod.

Varitek said:
I am not good friends with my ex. I don't know how you people manage it. We talk a bit more now but for so long he was hung up on me so I cut off contact, because that wasn't healthy. Then of course summer was over and we're at the same small school and he said a few really obnoxious things. It's still a little awkward but we can gchat OK. I'm happy that he just got into MIT for his phd.

We've had our iffy moments but we got through a whole year of uni very well as still close friends. I don't know. A lot about the relationship didn't make sense and shouldn't have worked and I think that's just continuing in a normal friendship! :lol:

Axver said:
I'm dying for Exit too.

It's not actually in the set at the moment, but I'll revise it.

Maybe I should just say to hell with a realistic song limit.
Hell yeah! Realism is for real life... if you're going to have a faux-setlist party, at least go nuts and make it the most frickin' awesome fake setlist evar.

Varitek said:

I might be stuck for transport if it goes that late, I hate philly. They're scheduled for 8pm with one other act - lichens? So hopefully it's over in time for me to get a bus and catch the last train back at midnight. If not I'll have to stay with somebody in the city.

I was terrified I'd be stuffed for transport. Made the last tram! Thank goodness it was on a Saturday, when trams run later than usual.

The venue might have precise running times. Wouldn't hurt to contact them. The Corner Hotel here did, so I could plan things in advance.

Hope you manage to get someone to go with! :)

Axver said:

We've had our iffy moments but we got through a whole year of uni very well as still close friends. I don't know. A lot about the relationship didn't make sense and shouldn't have worked and I think that's just continuing in a normal friendship! :lol:

how'd you break up?

Axver said:

I was terrified I'd be stuffed for transport. Made the last tram! Thank goodness it was on a Saturday, when trams run later than usual.

Yeah well this is Philadelphia where Saturdays the trains end earlier. Go fucking figure. I was actually hoping when i looked up the date that it wasn't a weekend. Though I do have class allllll day Wednesdays.

Varitek said:
how'd you break up?

I'd rather not go into much detail. I still don't fucking understand some of it, truth be told. But I've let it slide for the sake of a good friendship that I really value. I guess we ultimately just drifted apart.

god i think the blue receptors in my eyes really ARE blown. I looked at gmail and couldn't tell whether I had new messages or not! :crack:

and i just got 45'd

Axver said:
I think because they're both dark, they'd suit each other, and the heavy bass and atmospherics at the end of Exit would go well into LAPOE's sinister intro.

LAPOE's one of the few HTDAAB songs I still like. And it fucking owned live. GO, FLAILING BONO, GO!
:lmao:
Dammit, now you've done it... I associate the word "flail" with Kermit the Frog (as in, the kermit flail). And I know people have made associations between Bono and Kermit before... now it will be visual in my head as well as auditory.

:banghead:

... For some reason the word/name "Kermit" looks completely weird and un-real now. Did I even get his name right??

Axver said:

I'd rather not go into much detail. I still don't fucking understand some of it, truth be told. But I've let it slide for the sake of a good friendship that I really value. I guess we ultimately just drifted apart.

k sorry

Varitek said:
I should go it's 1030 and now actually time for early lunch. i remember saying i wouldn't in hell stay til now lol

i am getting 1 ticket but may have already convinced a friend to see them with me.
*clings* Stay with us to the bitter end... :yes:

How do we feel about Placebo?

Varitek said:
:wave: NSW and PFan.

Hey Pfan wanna see EITS with me on April 8th??? They're playing in philly!

did we really pass 1000?

If you were going to see them in Chicago on 4/1, you'd have been in luck since I'm already going to that show......but that's a bit of a haul for you.

Hey Axver, THE AMENDMENT. I am on here for a few seconds then have to head back out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom