City Video Shoot / Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brisbane - Entertainment Centre
Monday 2 January 2006
Tuesday 3 January 2006

Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena
Friday 6 January 2006
Saturday 7 January 2006
Monday 9 January 2006
Tuesday 10 January 2006

Sydney - Superdome
Friday 13 January 2006
Saturday 14 January 2006
Monday 17 January 2006
Tuesday 18 January 2006

SMB

Palace_Hero said:
Fuck you U2. :(

Come over to Melbourne.
You'll have a place to stay at for free, as Me and a few other friends, and I think Axver will be staying here too.
My grandfather has a place about 30 minutes from Rod Laver....

Shawn Bonneau said:
Brisbane - Entertainment Centre
Monday 2 January 2006
Tuesday 3 January 2006

Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena
Friday 6 January 2006
Saturday 7 January 2006
Monday 9 January 2006
Tuesday 10 January 2006

Sydney - Superdome
Friday 13 January 2006
Saturday 14 January 2006
Monday 17 January 2006
Tuesday 18 January 2006

SMB

17 JANUARY 2006 IS MY 19TH BIRTHDAY!

(And even if the days are right and dates are wrong - Monday's the 16th and Tuesday's the 17th!)

I think my heart just about skipped a beat. If they play on my birthday ... :drool: :hyper: :combust:

It's worth noting U2 has never played on 17 January. The closest a full tour concert has got on the 'approach' is 10 January 1990, Rotterdam, and 'departure' on 23 January - 1981 in Belfast and 1985 in Drammen.

Please let this be true, please let this be true, please let this be true, please let this be true, please let this be true!

bono_man2002 said:

Come over to Melbourne.
You'll have a place to stay at for free, as Me and a few other friends, and I think Axver will be staying here too.
My grandfather has a place about 30 minutes from Rod Laver....

I'm really going to break the bank, aren't I? Should this prove true ...

- 2 Brisbane concerts. Phew, no need for accommodation!
- Some number of Melbourne concerts. If I can get free accommodation, that just means airfare and tickets.
- The last two Sydney shows. That'll be the killer, but OI, FAMILY, YOU LISTENING? BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

:drool:

Two Brisbane...family, no work in that time...easy
Sydney...Practically Live there no probs...

Melbourne slightly more difficult...one or two shows. Road Trip I presume.

My heart totally skipped a beat.... This is gunna happen aye.

Oh god, I hope these are true. So near to my birthday! I turn 20 on the 2nd! And damn, January is the best month weatherwise in Sydney.

timothius said:
Two Brisbane...family, no work in that time...easy
Sydney...Practically Live there no probs...

Melbourne slightly more difficult...one or two shows. Road Trip I presume.

My heart totally skipped a beat.... This is gunna happen aye.

I'm still excited after reading this! Wow. I wonder what ticket prices are going to be like, though ... that's going to really determine it for me. But damn, if I can make eight of those shows ... :drool:

:hyper:

evieangelique said:
Oh god, I hope these are true. So near to my birthday! I turn 20 on the 2nd! And damn, January is the best month weatherwise in Sydney.

Come up to Brissie!

I'm sure as anything coming down to Sydney to have my 19th birthday with U2 on the 17th!

Congrats to all of you...

You guys are so over the moon it makes me want to hop a plane for my first trip down under!!

I think I need to visit my aunt in Melbourne... :hmm:

And Axver, I hope that U2 play on your birthday! :up: That would be fantastic! One of the best birthday gifts one could ever wish for.

Axver said:

Come up to Brissie!

I'm sure as anything coming down to Sydney to have my 19th birthday with U2 on the 17th!

Hahahahaha Oh man, I so would, but you know. Poorly uni student and all. :( My mum's gonna kill me for trying for all four shows down in Sydney as it is! Hee.

The 17th you say? Awesome. Hope to see you down here!

Axver said:

I'm still excited after reading this! Wow. I wonder what ticket prices are going to be like, though ... that's going to really determine it for me. But damn, if I can make eight of those shows ... :drool:

:hyper:

I want all of Sydney...Brisbane...Two of Melbourne...

The thing is, I'm very anxious about concerts like this. For example if I went one night in Sydney and missed the next I would spent that night slitting my wrists listening to Coldplay knowing there playing 100kms south and I'm missing it.

Also, the real thing that kills me. If I say missed a night that they played Zoo Station...That, that would be the end of me.

It was like last year when I missed one night of the Finns in Sydney... I missed an all Finn version of I See Red... it completely ruined me. (I did get to hear Bold As Brass which is the equivelant of Heartland for you).

Must go, must go...Now I'm anxious.

Actually ... hmm ... I'm trying not to get my hopes up before any official announcement, and am I the only person who remembers the original rumoured schedule? It was pretty much exactly the same, except 'January' read 'December'.

Yeah, I think they were talking about near-Christmas or something. I read in one of the tabloids here that they were planning on spending Christmas down in Bondi.

I'd kill to see them on the beach. /end PLEBA moment

Axver said:
Actually ... hmm ... I'm trying not to get my hopes up before any official announcement, and am I the only person who remembers the original rumoured schedule? It was pretty much exactly the same, except 'January' read 'December'.

Its going to happen, we know that. Those dates seem as feasible as any other. Although I wouldve guessed a longer break. But maybe not, did Lovetown run for as long as that without a break?

I need to drop into Ticketek on the way home and make friends with the local agent.:wink:

timothius said:

I need to drop into Ticketek on the way home and make friends with the local agent.:wink:

I need to get a JOB at Ticketek. Heh.

D'you know if there are going to be presales and the like? I was too late/poor to get a U2.com membership, so I'm interested to see if there are many Australians who did and whether they'll also get the presale advantage.

evieangelique said:

Hahahahaha Oh man, I so would, but you know. Poorly uni student and all. :( My mum's gonna kill me for trying for all four shows down in Sydney as it is! Hee.

The 17th you say? Awesome. Hope to see you down here!

Bribe family members! Get as many shows out of them as possible! That's exactly what I'm doing, hence why I'll be able to come to Sydney if this is true.

*continues repeating 'please let this be true'*

GibsonGirl said:
I think I need to visit my aunt in Melbourne... :hmm:

And Axver, I hope that U2 play on your birthday! :up: That would be fantastic! One of the best birthday gifts one could ever wish for.

Visit your aunt, visit your aunt, visit your aunt! Though are you sure you want to come to the land of the enemy? :wink:

PLEASE LET 17 JANUARY 2006 BE TRUE! :drool: :hyper:

A January 2 show will almost be good enough to pretend you're at 31/12/89 aye Axver....

I've been putting away $20 a week since the beggining of the year for the Coldplay/U2/Finn slaughter that we will get early next year. I will need it.

timothius said:
A January 2 show will almost be good enough to pretend you're at 31/12/89 aye Axver....

I've been putting away $20 a week since the beggining of the year for the Coldplay/U2/Finn slaughter that we will get early next year. I will need it.

:drool:

I've blown all my money going to see U2 in the States. But I'll afford this SOMEHOW!

timothius said:

6 months Ax... Plenty of time...

No NZ dates...

I was hoping for A Sort Of Homecoming.

Yeah, I'm surprised they aren't going to play even one date at the Cake Tin (aka WestpacTrust Stadium) in Wellington ... guess it just didn't make economic sense or something.

But shit, I'm going to be so out of pocket. U2 in the US, U2 here, moving to Brissie for university, flying back to NZ for my father's 50th, and planning to go back to the US to see friends ... where's all this money going to come from? I need a damn good paying job when I come back from the US!

Back
Top Bottom