city of blinding lights vs. all because of you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
ok, since there were quite a lot of people that shamelessly continued to derail the thread about the two best songs on htdaab with cobl babble, i figured that a new thread about the two worst songs on htdaab would be a more appropriate place to discuss the two weakest songs on htdaab.

while cobl was an obvious contender in this contest, i was more in doubt concerning aboy. it was either this or yahweh. yahweh was really wonderful on the chicago dvd, though, so aboy ended up being the other contender here.

so, please post...which one of these two songs, cobl or aboy, is the biggest stinker on htdaab?

So, are we voting for which one is worse?

If so, I'll take for ABOY. Good tune, but not a great one.

City of Blinding Lights is a great song. Aboy is ok, the music video is cool.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Haven't we done enough already? :shifty:

:hug: Welcome back to the family. The plot of land next to the pond and Grandma Mabel's donkey are yours. :yes:

So...what were we pointlessly comparing? Miss Sarajevo vs. I Wanna Be Sedated? :slant:

elevated_u2_fan said:

:tsk:

We can't do that... Everyone knows that Miss Sarajevo is not a U2 song... duh! :wink:

OK, OK, how about this.

Which song would win in a fistfight, Immigrant Song or The Fly? :drool:

You know things get boring around here when 'vs' threads start popping up again.

I'd say it's about every 3 or 4 months this occurs...

I have always thought All Because of You gets a bum rap.
Yeah, the alternate version is 100 times better, and yes the album and single versions were a bit dull and sorta cliche, but it's just fucking rock and roll.

People have been clammoring for 'U2 rock' since I joined this forum, myself included, they give us an out and out rocker ala The Who or somebody and people almost universally think it's a turd.

City of Blinding Lights has a shittastic chorus, horrid production, the bass way way too fuckign loud, and the oohs are grating.
That said, there was a great song in there that a more confident U2 would have knocked out of the park and had a hit not trying to make an obvious hit.

Screwtape2 said:

:yes: Without a doubt two of the worst chorus's by the band.

Last night on earth, yes.

ABOY, not that I dislike it, but it has no chance against such competition.

I'll take COBL or ABOY chorus any day over that. Not that this is saying much but still.

LemonMelon said:

:yikes: If you want to have any credibility around here, I suggest you keep such things to yourself. :ohmy:

bitch please :wink:

I'd take coldplay's yellow as well

Look at the stars.....look how they..

xaviMF22 said:

bitch please :wink:

I'd take coldplay's yellow as well

Look at the stars.....look how they..

I :heart: Yellow...

Coldplay before they became the artists that were ripping them off :cute:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom