City Of Blinding Lights (Single Version!) audio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm downloading this right now, but I have to ask...where did this come from, Jick? Did you snag it off of the radio or something? I only wonder because I litened to the album on the radio ALL day on Thursday, and there were NO differences in the songs--even some of the tape hiss from the leaked version was present. What exactly is this, then, and how did it come to be (in your hands)?

It seems the same except the start of the song was cut off/merged together and towards the end they took off a bit like they did at the beginning

Don't ask for my source. Just download it in its entire 4:37 of pure bliss.

Ok, let's just pretend I made it. Let me know what you guys think. ;)

I just refreshed the two links above. Let me know if they don't work anymore.

Cheers,

J

Jick - i don't care about your 'source'. but if this is real can we expect any other goodies from you, like 'fast cars' for instance?

dang this just revived my love for this song! I was disapointed when i heard the album version, i think the single version sounds much better and much more where the streets have no name type then the album version!

Thanks J

Regards,
DBUF

jick, that's a nice mix you made, but i don't care for how the last chorus is only sung once, instead of three times in a row.

i hope this is real and not one of your mixes.
the mp3 id tag says it's official and your name is nowhere reffered.

if it is yours, this is really misleading, trying to get your mixes past the internet under the cloak of unreleased official U2 material.

I just hope it is real and you just can't reveal your sources. otherwise, either give it your name or take it off.....

don't mean to be a pain in the ass. i just don't appreciate being fooled.

if it is real, though, thanks! :)

Jick, I was ready to flame you but congrats, VERY well done (if that was actually you that made this). It's just like the way they played at BBC. The las time the chorus is sung though it should be done two times not just one.

dabiggestu2fan said:
U2 neat... why don't you give jick the benifit of the doubt???? you should be thankfull he gave us such a cool remix weather his or not!

i 'm not against Jick's remixes, if he can do it, why not do it?

i just don't like the fact that there is no reference of Jick in the song's title or id tag. i downloaded it thinking it was the real single version, so will someone else, this is called misleading, and i don't like it.

mikal said:
jick, that's a nice mix you made, but i don't care for how the last chorus is only sung once, instead of three times in a row.

If it would be sung three times in a row, the song would be 4:52 - too long for a radio version, so if you want many repeats of the chorus - the album version should be the one for you. I even think its current length at 4:37 is still a bit long for radio. This short version is just that - designed to be short so some parts had to be axed.

Cheers,

J

This is all great. My theory, Jick works for radio or should for that matter b/c he understands what makes a good song and what makes a good song for radio, Sort of CSI U2 for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom