Chipping Sodbury, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We ain't got shit to do on Friday!"

... Friday, Friday, gonna get down on Friday?

I love the mixed signals Brokencyde send. In one song, they got on about all the girls they have, but now they're telling some chick that he'll be with her for eternity? Nice to know one thing hasn't changed since BC13.

But this still just remains shitty synth pop that I expect to hear on fucking Nova, not from the world's greatest crunkcore exponents.

"The party don't stop ... 'til I walk in"?

... wait, Brokencyde STOP the party?

Also, I want to believe the title of Doin' My Thang is a reference to Doin' Thangs.

Thank God, at least they're doing shitty dirty south rap now.

He said something about a boner but I didn't notice really. Nobody notices his boner.

Ah hellz, I'm going to have to go in five minutes. I'll be back in a couple of hours if you're still here then, Traviud.

Also, this song is pretty much how I imagine that Big Bear album, so there's that.

Edit: Actually, fifteen minutes, not five.

... I totally think Girls, Girls, Girls is trying to rip off Ke$ha.

I'll finish the album now and suffer through the last four tracks again when you get back.

I find this album way funnier than the last one because it's so laughably inept in these new avenues they're traversing.

If it weren't for the screams in Magnum, I'd think their screamer had left.

Nice to know they read their Facebook hate pages.

This is one of their all-time worst tracks, worse than that song where his pee pee got hard.

I'm flattered that they wrote a song about me though.

I actually wish the rest of the album had been like this. Then it might've had a shot at being funny, rather than just mediocre.

1.5/5. Can't believe I'm giving them a score so, uh, high. And hey, I managed to get to the end after all! Time to bail though. I'm worried one day we're going to listen to I'm Not A Fan or BC13 for old times' sake, Traviud!

Their first remotely mainstream record (guests????) is as banal as always; I was almost amazed by how unspeakably incompetent the beats and production were on those tracks. It really was a trainwreck. The terrible crunkcore song at the end made me smile though, and I actually laughed at this one, in contrast to the boring, remarkably unfunny and conservative Will Never Die.

1.5/5

Believe me when I say that I do occasionally throw on the video for Freaxxx when I'm feeling low. Funniest shit in the world.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YCJfTbme5Dc/R_2bJQxrAEI/AAAAAAAAANA/kNo_g0v93gM/s1600/603px-Big_Bear_

Ax beat me to it, but you need this image in as large a resolution as can be managed.

oh I have seen this. Did you or someone have it as an avatar for a while? My mates all say it, but I don't think they got it from this. That's why I asked.

You could still pick up Fergie, she sympathizes.

I actually didn't get this.

Apart from a single song by Mogwai, I don't think you went to a single band I would've seen! :lol:

Any idea what the Mogwai song might have been?

oh I have seen this. Did you or someone have it as an avatar for a while? My mates all say it, but I don't think they got it from this. That's why I asked.

Bonnie did.

I actually didn't get this.

fergie-piss-pants-1.jpg

cobl04 said:
LM the Lips drummer had a Big Star t-shirt on last night. Also everyone and anyone please feel free to comment on my tldr post.

:up: Kliph is a motherfucker, and he's learning well from Steven. Dude used to answer our questions on the offish Flips message board, which was really great of him.

Together Alone would be one of my favorite records without Skin Feeling. Really throws the record off. Have I mentioned that In My Command is one of the best things ever?

Together Alone would be one of my favorite records without Skin Feeling. Really throws the record off. Have I mentioned that In My Command is one of the best things ever?

Heresy! I love Skin Feeling.

Could do without Walking On The Spot sometimes and I've never been much of a fan of Pineapple Head in studio (though it has grown on me over the years), but it's still one of my top fifteen albums.

OK, here's my review of Guilty Pleasure: Axver's music - Rate Your Music

Yes, that does mean I've given it a higher rating than the latest Dream Theater album. Unlike Brokencyde, DT are a band who should know better - and that shaman song goes beyond "bad, but there's worse" and delves into the depths of hilariously, unbelievably bad. And these days, it's just about a dead heat in terms of which has the worse lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom