Chipping Sodbury, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, that chick totally got what was coming to her. I mean, holy fuck, there are a bunch of people waiting behind the gates, people yelling at her not to push it open, all the sirens going and every protective barrier you could ask for ... and she just pushes the gate open and goes without looking. I'm sure her family and friends were very upset, but somebody that utterly stupid doesn't deserve to live. The excuse offered, that she was sleep deprived, just doesn't wash. I once managed to get all the way from my place in Brisbane to Stadium Australia in Sydney - via three train trips, one ferry trip, and one flight - on ONE hour of sleep without getting hit at a level crossing, falling off a platform, drowning in the Brisbane River, or anything like that.

There are stupid decisions and then there are Darwin Award decisions.

My God, Travis and I have spent the whole night planning for the future. I feel great! Not even being sarcastic.

Intense tennis match was intense. Haven't felt this exhausted after a match before, this quality is a step up from what I had in front of me last season.

Who's heard Awkward by San Cisco? I assume jjj's been smashing it. Yet another indie/folk type song that is not bad, per se, but completely overrated, dry, banal, etc.

God I fucking loathe j fags.

That's the one that goes "I've been calling you for days", right? I've heard that a few times, yeah, it seems to be the Next Big Thing. It's a good, catchy little song, but I have a feeling I'll be sick of it in a couple of weeks. :slant:

Re: tram/train stupidity... I used to live near a level crossing, and it seemed like one or two people got killed on it every year because they were fucking morons. There was one elderly woman who went under the safety barrier/pedestrian boom gate thing WITH A LOADED SHOPPING TROLLEY, and of course got collected by a train. For a younger person who can move quickly to do that is idiotic, but for an older person who's slowed down even more by the weekly groceries?! Words fail me.

I maintain that Ax has a sixth sense when it comes to railed transport detection... :wink:

Dammit, now I have that Awkward song stuck in my head. :crack:

In other news, the Bedroom Philosopher (responsible for "Northcote (So Hungover)") has a residency at the Northcote Social Club (lolz) in December. :hmm:

:panic: I can't get my transcripts from TCU because there's a hold on my account, but I'm sure I took care of this months ago, but now I get to sit and stew over it all weekend.

What the fuck, Axver? What the fuck.

Guilty Pleasure (Brokencyde album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pull your head out of your ass and let's do this. They cut their album lengths in half!

Oh god, how did I miss this!

Though after the last one, I'm worried they've lost the lulz and it'll just be bad, not terribly funny.

In other news, the Bedroom Philosopher (responsible for "Northcote (So Hungover)") has a residency at the Northcote Social Club (lolz) in December. :hmm:

Haha, we saw that and we're tempted to go to the one on the ... 20th? 21st? once we're back. It seems to me that since we practically live at the NSC, we're just about obliged to see him at least once.

Axver said:
Oh god, how did I miss this!

Though after the last one, I'm worried they've lost the lulz and it'll just be bad, not terribly funny.

Rateyourmusic being their biggest audience killed them IMO. They know precisely how hard they suck.

But hey, U Mad Bro? could be pretty funny. I'm always up for their shit.

Rateyourmusic being their biggest audience killed them IMO. They know precisely how hard they suck.

But hey, U Mad Bro? could be pretty funny. I'm always up for their shit.

RYM currently lists one of the genres as "hyphy". What?

It kind of troubles me that if we listen to this, it'll be our FIFTH Brokencyde album. There are bands I love with five albums and I haven't properly got around to them all yet! But yeah, keen for potential lulz.

So I'm downloading that Brokencyde album.

From a blog called Holy Shit Core.

Promising.

On a far more positive note, I'm only six minutes into Thy Catafalque's new album, and goddamn, nice to know one of metal's most original bands has still got it in a big way. LM, check this out. Vocals (in Hungarian) are all clean so far.

Dear Extremely Talkative Old Lady,

Thank you for spending 30 minutes paying your bill when it takes a normal human being 3 minutes to do so. My bladder, which was already near bursting before you called, thanks you, too. Workforce Management, who prefers employees to follow their schedules and not go to break 20 minutes late, thanks you. My kidney, which is currently being sliced and diced by a stone that was dislodged due to the backing up of fluids, thanks you. But I think, most of all, the Flying Spaghetti Monster thanks you, because when I realized it was going to be another ten minutes before I got you off the line, I started praying to him, genuflecting at my desk, and considering the logistics of relieving myself in the garbage can.

Thank you, Old Lady. You certainly made my evening.

Jess.

Another work-related post:

I typoed Comcast into Cocmast. And then I realized that all employees are just one typo away from being Cocmasters. This has made me giggle all night.

Axver said:
So I'm downloading that Brokencyde album.

From a blog called Holy Shit Core.

Promising.

On a far more positive note, I'm only six minutes into Thy Catafalque's new album, and goddamn, nice to know one of metal's most original bands has still got it in a big way. LM, check this out. Vocals (in Hungarian) are all clean so far.

It's on Rhapsody, so I'm good to go. The album cover clearly shows that the band members have turned 13, which is a shame.

Thank God we live in an era when I can just copy/paste that name and don't have to remember it.

Wow. The opening sequence to Santa vs Satan is historically, geographically, musically, stereotypically, and visually awful. This can only being about MST-y goodness.

Another work-related post:

I typoed Comcast into Cocmast. And then I realized that all employees are just one typo away from being Cocmasters. This has made me giggle all night.

Don't tell laz.

It's on Rhapsody, so I'm good to go. The album cover clearly shows that the band members have turned 13, which is a shame.

Thank God we live in an era when I can just copy/paste that name and don't have to remember it.

Not a good time for me now, unfortunately, but totally keen tomorrow morning my time. Like 10am. Not sure what that is for you, but it's 17 hours from this post.

Haha. The album name is just as hard to remember, Rengeteg (I keep getting it wrong, like Regneget), but it's damn good, I gave it 4.5/5. I only noticed one track with growled vocals and they were low in the mix, the rest is ... well, it's kind of like if Opeth's recent album had actually been as heavy as their classic material and made by a slightly artsy, slightly crazy Hungarian duo.

This just shows how out of touch with gaming I am.

I remember when I used to be so up to date on gaming, I even subscribed to a couple of magazines. This is when I was twelve or thirteen.

Since I was about fifteen or sixteen, I've fallen so out of touch it's painful. Just not interested any more. To me, The Sims 2 is still brand new. Yeeaaaahhhh.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

The "Santa Klaws" sketch.

When what I just saw finally sinks in, I'm going to laugh until it hurts. But it hasn't yet. It's kind of like the first 15 minutes of the U2 concert where I just stood there totally gobsmacked.

ARE YOU READY TO BE MERRY?!

That was unbelievably epic. I have to watch it again, cause my ears turned off and I completely missed the song.

ETA: I laughed so hard, the cat had to come check on me to make sure I was OK.

For the uninitiated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXphIVO6XTo

I remember when I used to be so up to date on gaming, I even subscribed to a couple of magazines. This is when I was twelve or thirteen.

Since I was about fifteen or sixteen, I've fallen so out of touch it's painful. Just not interested any more. To me, The Sims 2 is still brand new. Yeeaaaahhhh.

At around 12 I was into gaming, well, if you compare myself then to now where the only I game I have any interest in is Minecraft. I also played Runescape (yeah, remember that?) for about 6 months, which felt much longer than that.

In terms of interest in magazines, when I was 8/9 years old I loved buying automotive magazines, Wheels most specifically. I still have around 20 in my bookcase! The latest being from early 2007.

Haha, I have a somewhat meagre collection of railway and model railway magazines ... no idea what happened to my computer game magazines. I have a pretty substantial collection of Time from 1998 to 2002, too.

I mainly played sim and car racing games. I loved SimCity, SimTower, Caesar III, Railroad Tycoon II, all the Rollercoaster Tycoons, all that sort of shit. Sometimes I played real time strategy games like Age Of Empires or Command And Conquer, but largely stopped when I was about 13. Always hated turn based strategy though.

Age Of Empires

Oh how much I adored that game, the original I mean, I didn't own the second. I loved making maps where my area would always have the more plentiful resources and my enemies would be surrounded completely by trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom