chicago soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All three were extremely generous with their time last night given the late hour and the fact that they are premiering a stadium tour today.

:wave: Hey guys, just wondering could anyone tell me what the time is in Chicago at the moment so I know what time to be here for the setlist party? I live in New Zealand and fail at timezones.

:|Forget about YBR, they won't play. Have a friend in CHicago, and they told her that they aren't ready yet.

[2]

Tutu -> One -> Streets
is how I have wanted them to finish the main set since the tour started. Bad thrown in at the end some nights would be good too.

I never cared about YBR but I love it when they dig out some unexpected songs so I'm happy to see it seemingly a lock for this leg of the tour.

Friend of mine is in Chicago, and was listening to the soundcheck last night, he said they F'd up COBL's intro, and "Your Blue Room" was performed twice, but on the second rehearsal, Adam's words were more clear.

He waited for the band to come out, Bono came out and some lady asked him if they were doing "Your Blue Room" for the 1st show, he said he didn't think they were ready, but when the girl asked "what about sunday?" Bono smirked. :hmm:

Lila, I am staying at that hotel tomorrow night. We are hoping to see the band when they leave to go to the show. I want to wonder around the area, but I definitely want to be back at the hotel before they leave. I would really appreciate it if you can give me an idea when they leave for the show? Hopefully I can be in the lobby when they come out and get a picture or a handshake then and not have to fight the crowd outside. Nice pix by the way.

Scorching day in Chicago apparently...

oh noooo! Poor fans! :(

that's why I'm just about crazed to try and get a GA (25 yrs of trying to be close up to them in concert just once at least and NO luck :scream: )
THIS time because it's end of Sept

where as next year they'll be closer to mid summer and I can't do GA in super high heat weather ?above 85F ESP w humidity!
WHich is pretty prevalent in NY/NJ then

after watching 4 shows in europe i can confirm my fav part of the concert is:-

UC-UF-COBL-Vertigo-Crazy

Back
Top Bottom