Chicago II Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a setlist! Major :up: to U2 for messing with things, especially the first encore!

U2dork said:
:hmm:
How does All Because of You flow into 40? :huh:

That's what they did at the 26 March LA rehearsal, surprisingly enough.

Some of us may sit here and type a disappoointment or and average setlist..but being there was mind-blowing I bet

jag0918 said:
Some of us may sit here and type a disappoointment or and average setlist..but being there was mind-blowing I bet

I can't wait to hear from friends who were there-both last night AND tonite so they really got a treat.

My guess at why there was no Pop encore: they are working on it and might come up with a MOFO/Disco/Something else encore, but they want to nail the visuals and transitions first.

And in the meantime they tried something completely new! I think that's cool.

Axver said:
What a setlist! Major :up: to U2 for messing with things, especially the first encore!

That's what they did at the 26 March LA rehearsal, surprisingly enough.

I agree-two nights=two great varied setlists!!!!!

I'd chalk up tonight's setlist as an experiment that failed. it's nice and obviously exciting to not know what's gonna come next with such a shakeup but they jettisoned the hardest rocking core of the set tonight. I don't think they'll do something like this again except for maybe one of the MSG shows.

T.B.

Zooropa1310 said:

lol, you're just like my friend. After 40, when the lights kicked on. My friend was still yelling "WITH OR WITHOUT YOU!!!! WITH OR WITHOUT YOU!!!!" I had to tell him it was over....... :wink:

I was actually hoping for a Vertigo x2 when I saw them. They made the crowd sing "how long" for like 7 minutes and then the lights kicked on. WTF?:huh:

packcrush said:
How long. . .before they play Mofo?

check your weather forecast; when it's raining on mars, be ready for MMMOOOOOOOOFFFOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Well over all nice little show...some differences...i'll take it :wink:
I think i should sleep now...have a good night/day everyone.

See ya next show...:hmm: Friday?...or Saturday?...:wave:

namkcuR said:

Main set - break - one long encore

I realize there was a break between FC and ABOY, but during Elevation there was often a 'let's walk off the stage and let the crowd beg us to come back as if there's any chance we wouldn't anyway' type break just before One/Walk On. I think.

But the structure of the main set is entirely different, and the encore is longer than Elevation's first and second leg (which was sometimes just Bullet/WOWY/One/Walk On or with Pride or The Fly after WOWY).

I'm pleased with the setlist.. and they have plenty of time to tweak it before I see them on the 4th :rockon:

Axver said:

Yeah, I have to agree with you. Now it might come down to taste whether someone likes one song better than another, but you really can't critizice lack of shaking things up.

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, I have to agree with you. Now it might come down to taste whether someone likes one song better than another, but you really can't critizice lack of shaking things up.

we got fast cars and wgrywh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom