Chicago I Setlist Watch and Party Part IV- DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pug said:

FYI, when the band showed up today a guy asked Bono to play Daddy's Gonna Pay and Bono's face lit up. He said GREAT idea, asked the guy his name and said he would try to fit it in. Only a snipet, but still very cool.

Ya that was me! :)

We did say dirty day first, but it kind of sounded like they already were working on it. So I threw out Daddy and he was like, Great Idea!

pug said:

Also, I was next to the group with the mofo signs and the guys actually acknowledged them saying they knew that one. Was thinking it might have snuck in. Maybe tomorrow?

FUCK YEAH!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Just got in from Chicago! That was freakin' incredible!!!

I just about had a heart attack when they played The First Time. Despite the fact that I was totally unprepared, I still managed to sing along with most of it. :wink:

Axver, you missed a snippet. Believe it or not, during Bad, Bono sang a brief snippet of The First Time. Go figure on that one, eh? (He sang "For the first time, I feel loved" somewhere in the middle of Bad.)

How bizarre is that? They play the song for the first time ever, and then he drops a snippet in the very next song.

cleazer said:
Axver, you missed a snippet. Believe it or not, during Bad, Bono sang a brief snippet of The First Time. Go figure on that one, eh? (He sang "For the first time, I feel loved" somewhere in the middle of Bad.)

How bizarre is that? They play the song for the first time ever, and then he drops a snippet in the very next song.

:lmao: That is truly classic!

Well, I missed it, but i'd just like to express my absolute joy at 'The First Time' getting a look in. Those lucky, lucky people.

:up:

Axver said:

:lmao: That is truly classic!
I think he was just so proud that they played a brand new song, and he didn't mess it up like he did with Walk On, so he wanted to remind everyone about it, and decided to sing a line of The First Time.

Regarding the "new" songs I heard tonight, here are my comments:

Walk On: obviously, far from the best version I've ever heard of this song. Hopefully they'll try it again tomorrow night, and we'll see if it turns out better. The "lyrics search" was comedy genious. Is there a video of the lyric search on the web yet? Imagine some comedy routine where a guy keeps looking at papers and tossing them on the floor. That was Bono tonight. Hilarious.

Miss Sarajevo: Wow, that was awesome! The ending was incredible. Beautiful stuff. I've avoided all the Euro bootlegs so far, so tonight was the first time I heard it. Just wonderful.

Old Man River snippet: not terribly exciting, sorry to say. Also, that Dakota Hills or whatever snippet was kind of surprising too. What the heck was that?

Discotheque: It didn't seem quite as exciting as it did on previous tours. The entire crowd seemed quite uninterested in it too. I'd vote to drop it and bring back one of the far superior Achtung Baby songs (either Zoo Station, Mysterious Ways, or UTEOTW).

The First Time: Holy Flapjacks, this sounded awesome! When Yahweh was mysteriously played during the main set, I just figured we'd get Fast Cars or OOTS. Boy was I surprised when they went into this. Its one of my two favorite songs off of Zooropa, so I was just in Heaven! A great song, and Bono was actually working on some audience participation during it, so I have a feeling they'll be playing it again on this tour.

atikicat said:
Finally got home from the concert. Wow! What a great show and surprising setlist. Axver's setlist looks accurate, although I thought I heard a little of "Three Little Birds" tonight as well..."Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing's gonna be alright." I think it was before "Many Rivers to Cross"...or maybe I just imagined it.
Hmm, I think I'll agree with that.

One last thought before I go to sleep: I haven't been a huge fan of Yahweh on this tour, and I was always happy when OOTS showed up instead.

However, I thought Yahweh sounded really good tonight. The light show that went with it was great, and I think it works really well as part of the main set. I'd like to see U2 keep this song in the main set, right after Sometimes. It seemed to work really well!

cleazer said:
Is there a video of the lyric search on the web yet?

Not only is it on the web already, it was on the web before the show was even half over! Gorman sent video of it to me pretty much straight away.

http://s5.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0YK6WHRXEMP270YJWJG2ZFW2WF

It's .3gp format, which plays on Quicktime, RealPlayer, and iTunes.

And I enjoyed reading all of your comments! :up:

Axver said:

Not only is it on the web already, it was on the web before the show was even half over! Gorman sent video of it to me pretty much straight away.

http://s5.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0YK6WHRXEMP270YJWJG2ZFW2WF

It's .3gp format, which plays on Quicktime, RealPlayer, and iTunes.

And I enjoyed reading all of your comments! :up:
Wow, thanks for the video! Ain't technology great?

The part between 4:08 and 4:14 is partially obscured, but thats when Bono was handed the wrong papers, and just started dropping them onto the stage.

I really do love Walk On. On listening to it again, I don't mind the acoustic version at all. Hope they try it again!

HelloAngel said:
I think for the first time, I feel VERY excited to attend the Vertigo Tour. :hyper:

Wooo-hah!! As cleazer would say--Holy Flapjacks!!! :wink:

I'm so happy for everyone who was at the show last night! What a great set! Walk On, Miss Sarajevo, The First Time, Discotheque, AND BAD! Woooo. What a show it much have been.

Pleeeease God, let Philly II be this exciting!
Actually, just play Bad and I'll melt right there on the floor into a huge Lance-puddle-of-joy.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom