Centralia, PA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can this thread be dying so close to its conclusion? What are you doing, Khan and Vazza? :tsk:

The Sad Punk said:
G'day, Ian.

And happy birthday, apparently!

He's a big boy today. He's turning 10.

Or 20, you never really can be sure.

Hey, birthday boy, want to make the next thread? Location of your choice and all.

If not, I'll go make a Dismal, TN Superthread.

The Sad Punk said:
Burning Mountain!

Or a place called "Cunt", if there is one.

Actually, I really badly want to do Useless Loop, Western Australia.

Who loves a bit of karma, btw?

I wandered down to the bus station today to catch my bus home. I got there just as it was accepting passengers and because i'd come from the wrong direction i waited at the head of the line for either the line to finish or some nice person to let me in - you know, like i always do when someone is waiting.

In the queue of 10 people, not one arsehole lets me in. Sure, you don't have to, but it's polite.

Just before i step onto the bus the driver says there's another bus coming and to get on that one.

I think that's cool, the first bus will pass all the really heavy pick up points before we do so i'll get a nice quiet bus.

Sure enough, this happens and we overtake the bus outside my uni, which is after the first uni. Their bus is packed. Mine is damn near empty.

The first bus overtakes us again, but always stays really close ahead and even skips stops to let us pick up the passengers.

Eventually we overtake the bus again - packed to the brim, people almost pushed up against the windows type of packed.

We have a really clear run home, and when i get off the bus there is zero sign of the other bus.

Just think, if those people in the queue had let me in they might have been on the nice empty bus instead of me.

so much of the time the bus thing goes the other way, and you end up on the crap bus, and then it needs to pick up a wheel chair, etc.

but i guess birthday luck?

The Sad Punk said:
Oh yeah, that one's good too.

Decisions, decisions.

I think we should save Burning Mountain, rather than doing it right after Centralia.

Maybe we should just do random Wikipedia searches and do the first town that comes up.

Axxo, why are there four river Styxs in NZ?

Hell, much?

I'm fond of lame places named after more famous areas, like London in Texas and Sparta in Wisconsin. And Prague in Oklahoma.

The Sad Punk said:
Axxo, why are there four river Styxs in NZ?

Hell, much?

:lol:

The really sad part is, they're all in the South Island too. In neighbouring provinces. Holy shit, guys, way to not have an imagination.

I'm fond of lame places named after more famous areas, like London in Texas and Sparta in Wisconsin.

Yeah, those are funny. There's also apparently multiple small localities in the US called Bono. I know someone who went to Bono, Ohio.

Axver said:

:lol:

The really sad part is, they're all in the South Island too. In neighbouring provinces. Holy shit, guys, way to not have an imagination.

Seriously, they should have named them all after different rivers of the Underworld. No imagination whatsoever. :tsk:

Yeah, those are funny. There's also apparently multiple small localities in the US called Bono. I know someone who went to Bono, Ohio. [/B]

Wow, that's weird. Why are they called that? Some Iroquois chief called Bono or something?

The Sad Punk said:
Seriously, they should have named them all after different rivers of the Underworld. No imagination whatsoever. :tsk:

I want to know how many people think it's an AOLer spelling of 'sticks'.

Wow, that's weird. Why are they called that? Some Iroquois chief called Bono or something?

I've no idea! If I remember correctly, the US has six Bonos: two in Texas, two in Arkansas, one in Ohio, and I forget the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom