Cedars Of Lebanon appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to know that too...

Bono, PLEASE SING LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN!!!!!

I want more of this, just this. This is heaven. :love:

I agree. I can't even line these song up by which one I love 2nd, 3rd, etc.
yet. Just know I am really loving this track. :heart:

is the voice in the background saying "soldier brought oranges?"

Is that what it is and is that Will I.Am?

This song and especially Bono's vocals give me chills. Dark, moody, haunting, they picked the right track to close this great album.

:up:

It is by far the best arranged song on the album, IMO. Perfect instrumentation, gorgeous atmosphere, gorgeous layers of sound in there. It's the song that best evokes a sense of place.

My second favourite, coming in just a hair behind NLOTH.

Funny enough, these were also the two I liked best after the WalMart clips. I'm thrilled that they lived up to my expectations.

Bono's voice in this song is just sublime, and takes me to another place. I can feel the ennui and isolation the character in the song is experiencing.

I was really worried about this song, but it's great. One of their best closers. I love Bono's vocals on this! He has a great delivery. It's not one of my favorites, but I definitely appreciate it. I also like Edge's mini solo thingy towards the end of the song, very moody and ominous sounding.

I really like Cedars. The 45sec clip had me unsure, but I'm very, very sure now.

Best closer since All I Want is You? Absolutely not. Since Love is Blindness? Possibly. The Wanderer? Hmm.... Wake Up Dead Man? Definitely.

Great track :up:

This is a song that age/life experiences in your voice can only pull off. If he did this when he was young it wouldnt have worked.

Edge's little solo on this is one of the best, more important -- one of the most COMPLIMENTARY -- on the album.

It really takes the mood to another level.

When I was listening to it the first time I remember thinking, "Man I hope this album ends with a more epic version of that little guitar solo."

Of course that didn't happen, which, perhaps, makes that little solo even better.

Edge is perhaps the most subtle lead guitar player of any successful band, ever.

return the call to home is officially my favourite part of the entire album. I love that they only do it twice. Makes it all the more special.

I love how the song ends too, it just sort of...well, ends.

pretty much I love everything about this song :drool:

It also sounds like there are a couple of Arabic voices mixed in. Any idea what they are saying? I love the lyrics and imagery, but the song hasn't grabbed me yet. Not as much as some of the others, at least.

Edge is perhaps the most subtle lead guitar player of any successful band, ever.

Hell, yes. I love the quote from NME where they mention Rolling Stone rating Edge the 24th best guitarist of all time -- Edge responds with 'silly'.

Not sure if he meant the fact guitarists were rated at all or because of the fact he was 24th. lol.

return the call to home is officially my favourite part of the entire album. I love that they only do it twice. Makes it all the more special.

I love how the song ends too, it just sort of...well, ends.

pretty much I love everything about this song :drool:

i hate to go overboard, but i think this is as powerful of a closer as Mothers Of The Disappeared and Love Is Blindness.

i hate to go overboard, but i think this is as powerful of a closer as Mothers Of The Disappeared and Love Is Blindness.

I like it way more than Mothers. LIB, that's tough. But yeah. Very close. I even like it more than WUDM at the moment and i LOVE Pop.

I like it way more than Mothers. LIB, that's tough. But yeah. Very close. I even like it more than WUDM at the moment and i LOVE Pop.

It's definitely in the legaue of the great closers, LIB is still my fav, but it's hard to compare bc we're only a couple days in and I've enjoyed LIB for almost 17 years! Hard to believe, I'm feeling old!!

COL is haunting and deep and I wish it was longer!!!

I think we should start a thread, and I might just do this, You Know You're a U2 fan if.....

1) You refer to songs using only their acronyms

:applaud:
:hyper:

At the moment it is my fourth favourite track, in the 2nd "group" of songs...
Evokes a sense of place better than anything else on the album. I only wish it were longer. MoS 2 minutes shorter and this 2 minutes longer :drool:

1. Magnificent
2. Breathe
3. NLOTH

4. Cedars of Lebanon
5. Fez - Being Born

I agree with you and both of those songs hold a very special place in my heart. That's what's making this album so mindblowing!! Magnificent, Unknown caller, moment of surrender and Cedars have already become some of my most favourite songs of all time and for an old fart like me with a very large musical taste , that's quite an achievement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom