Cascade d'Arse, Pyrenees, France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
42 Villages – Alpine (Plays – 141)

:love: :love: :love:

52 I Feel Better – Gotye (Plays – 136)
[...]
60 Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye (feat. Kimbra) (Plays – 135)

WHAAAAT. I actually expected Somebody That I Used To Know to be #1, so I am so confused that it is 60th. Behind ANOTHER Gotye track. AND BEHIND ALPINE WOO!

Mess & Noise tried to troll Triple J and get an obscure Tasmanian black metal band or something like that into the last 100 Of All Time. No success. :(

U2 fans managed to get Beautiful Day in the 2000 count down. I'd only just started listening to JJJ then but even I knew that was an epic trolling effort! The DJs were like "What? Did we even play this??"

I love that U2 is #2 in 2000 ... with Powderfinger on either sides. I presume neither band is allowed near Triple J any more.

Also, Electrical Storm made the Hottest 100 in 2002! I heard it like ONCE on Gold Coast radio.

OK, if Husky has made it, fingers crossed Alpine do!

Forever So isn't that great though, stop fapping Triple J. I mean it's unobjectionable and there are a couple of notable songs, but it's too long and samey.

I love that U2 is #2 in 2000 ... with Powderfinger on either sides. I presume neither band is allowed near Triple J any more.

Also, Electrical Storm made the Hottest 100 in 2002! I heard it like ONCE on Gold Coast radio.

It wasn't #2, was it? I thought it was 50-something in 2000... And I must have missed the 2002 count down cos I don't remember that at all.

I thiiiiink they still do a bit of Powderfinger... unless I'm thinking of something else. They're friendlier towards the Finger than they are to U2, anyway! They still dabble with Red Hot Chili Peppers too, although they only played their single from last year about once before dropping it.

And to think that Lemon and Numb made the 1993 Hottest 100 quite legitimately...

At least it's not bluegrassy like Mumford & Unspeakable Horribleness.

And oh my god, that ad for Tom and Alex made me want to never listen to Triple J ever again.

It wasn't #2, was it? I thought it was 50-something in 2000... And I must have missed the 2002 count down cos I don't remember that at all.

Oh but it was!

1 Powderfinger - My Happiness
2 U2 - Beautiful Day
3 Powderfinger - My Kinda Scene
4 Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
5 Coldplay - Yellow

So much of WTF from a 2012 perspective.

2000 | history | triple j hottest 100 - 2008 | triple j

And as for 2002, ES came in at #97.

And oh my god, that ad for Tom and Alex made me want to never listen to Triple J ever again.

I have to wake up to that EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN DAY. It's a wonder I haven't killed myself (or changed to the beepy alarm noise). That having been said, they're not as bad as Sam Simmons. He's guaranteed to propel me out of bed and into the shower.

Made dinner tonight. One of those frozen, pre-prepared meals. Chicken and farfalle in vodka sauce. It literally smelt and tasted like hot buttered vomit. Palate cleanser? Actual vodka. I'm still hungry, but I'm put off eating for a while. Guess I'll drink till I don't care.

Oh but it was!

1 Powderfinger - My Happiness
2 U2 - Beautiful Day
3 Powderfinger - My Kinda Scene
4 Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
5 Coldplay - Yellow

So much of WTF from a 2012 perspective.

2000 | history | triple j hottest 100 - 2008 | triple j

And as for 2002, ES came in at #97.

I just saw... mind-boggling. I swear I remember it from much earlier in the day!

Made dinner tonight. One of those frozen, pre-prepared meals. Chicken and farfalle in vodka sauce. It literally smelt and tasted like hot buttered vomit. Palate cleanser? Actual vodka. I'm still hungry, but I'm put off eating for a while. Guess I'll drink till I don't care.

I've never heard of vodka being used in a sauce... I guess I know why now?

I have to wake up to that EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN DAY. It's a wonder I haven't killed myself (or changed to the beepy alarm noise). That having been said, they're not as bad as Sam Simmons. He's guaranteed to propel me out of bed and into the shower.

They both sound way too young, but which is the one that sounds like an embryo? He was really annoying.

I'm glad now that I didn't go to that free Triple J Unearthed launch gig, because they were the hosts between sets.

Also, can I just say that I think SBTRKT and HTRK and PVT and all these bands who are taking the vowels out of their band name and using all-caps consonants are complete dickheads?

Sorry, CMPLT DCKHDS.

(Though HTRK's album Work (Work, Work) is awesome anyway.)

You know what would be better? One of those ...sandwiches they have occasionally on HIMYM. I could really use a ...sandwich right about now.

They both sound way too young, but which is the one that sounds like an embryo? He was really annoying.

I'm glad now that I didn't go to that free Triple J Unearthed launch gig, because they were the hosts between sets.

It's taken me a while to tell one from the other... the guy with the slightly higher-pitched voice is Tom, he thinks he's a comedian (he actually is a stand-up comic, I dunno how he hasn't suffered a fatal bottle to the face yet). They're both very young, Tom turned 21 last year and I think Alex did the year before (or 2009, one or the other). It makes me feel like I'm waaaaay over the hill and it's time to change over to Classic FM.

And Tom especially talks WAY TOO FAST. Argh. </oldfart>

Also, can I just say that I think SBTRKT and HTRK and PVT and all these bands who are taking the vowels out of their band name and using all-caps consonants are complete dickheads?

Sorry, CMPLT DCKHDS.

(Though HTRK's album Work (Work, Work) is awesome anyway.)

I was actually unaware of this phenomenon. I have been surprised in the past by how awfully mis-spelled a lot of band names are, when I finally see them written down. And by band names, I mostly mean hip-hop artists.

Luckily I'm not listening at the moment. But Drapht followed by Skrillex makes me want to get deported. :down::down::down::down::down:

Why do people think he's funny? He's a fucking idiot.

Also, did they announce earlier that Tom & Alex are going to be hosting some of this later? Luuuucky us.

Man, that Drapht/Skrillex double-hit made me hate so many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom