Cascade d'Arse, Pyrenees, France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to know that even Angry Anderson has brief moments of sanity.

In fact speaking of brief moments of sanity, see the news that Tony Abbott initially supported giving the Libs a conscience vote on gay marriage last December! Then his usual cloud of insanity descended and you know the rest.

I'll have a listen, Ashley.

And oh god, I'm not hungover today, just sore all over. It's an effort even to type. Doesn't help that it's really hot either.

:lol: don't feel compelled or anything.

I told him I listened to it last night, and he seemed almost ready for me to tell him I hated it. Made me sad.

My feet are buried under 3 blankets. How can they still be cold?! Stupid snow.

I thought you'd appreciate.

Unfortunately I found a shitty rip so I'll have to redownload it.

It's on grooveshark in fine quality. But that's not exactly downloadable, so yeah.

How did you come about them? I mean, I see they're Aussie, but specifically.

I was just poking around RYM's charts, restricting it to 1990s releases by Australian musicians, and it placed quite well. Combined with the fact I'd seen the name around before (think they actually played a gig here a couple of months ago), I thought I'd check it out.

You dug pretty deep; they're in the 100s for esoteric as far as 1996 is concerned.

And I thank you.

Oh, whatever chart I made, it was higher ... I must've restricted it further, but I don't remember now. I've been having lots of fun lately playing around with the charts in light of the recent changes, e.g. changing the scope of the esoteric charts so that they're now useful.

Edit: Actually, I think it might've been from a Stems album rating high, and following the related artist link to DM3.

My opinion on this racist flag business is that the media are presenting the issue irresponsibly. The study did not say that the Australian flag or the display of the Australian flag is racist, but said that, of 500+ people surveyed in one area, people who put flags on their cars were more likely to have racist attitudes than those that did not, something I agree with. Eye-catching headlines don't help.

My opinion on this racist flag business is that the media are presenting the issue irresponsibly. The study did not say that the Australian flag or the display of the Australian flag is racist, but said that, of 500+ people surveyed in one area, people who put flags on their cars were more likely to have racist attitudes than those that did not, something I agree with. Eye-catching headlines don't help.

Yeah, everybody knows the flag business is a bit sensitive, but heaven forbid there be more responsible journalism in this country. Oh well, whatever moves units.

I'd be more interested in a study of racist attitudes from people who display the Southern Cross flag anyway. It's a shame I automatically associate that with racism or xenophobia since it would actually be a much better national flag.

Axver, we're talking about you in my media law class.

Go on ...

No, no. I was just bringing up the outrage of a "friend of mine that is from Australia but originally is from New Zealand".

grr. Don't you hate it when you're looking for something and oyu find everything but the thing you were looking for? As soon as I stop wanting to find my Rocky Horror DVD, it's going to turn up. And I'm going to forget where I put it again.

I hope to God McGuinne$$ doesn't read Cracked. Cause this will probably give him ideas...

Because there is no better way to thank your loyal fans for their decades of support than to release a bullshit cover album in one last desperate cash grab.

:hmm: Emu is something I must try.

PS, it's a blowjob :wink:

Aha. Since when are people too squeamish to type out
"blowjob"? :lol:

Admittedly, I've only had emu once and it was at a very, very nice restaurant. I'm not sure it is always that sensational!

I had it once at the Aboriginal centre in Halls Gap, and later in the local Chinese Restaurant in C'maine... I'm still looking forward to seeing what a fancy restaurant could do with it.

Do you reckon human would be good?

Hell no... not your average Western city-dwelling human, anyway. All that processed crud we eat would probably make us taste horrible. Now, your rural, all-organic free-range human....

... I've thought about this too much, haven't I.

hi-larious2.jpg

:love:

:lol: I had not! I don't even know that show... And if I start nitpicking about the accuracy of the spoof when it comes to the character of The Doctor, I may just have to check myself in to the Gallifrey Home for Obsessive Whovians. :reject:

"ERADICATE".... :giggle:

Not sure if I've mentioned it in the thread before, but I got some good news at work late last year regarding permanency and pay rates and things like that. The paper work has (finally) come through today, I have an inch of contract and company policies to read, hooray. *L*

So, yay, I like good news. Picked up some delicious celebratory cider on the way home, housemates spotted it in the fridge when they got home and assumed it was for some Australia Day-related celebration tomorrow. I said why I'd bought it, all well and good. I had mentioned this good news to them last year when I first got it, and pretty much their reaction (well, one of them) was "I'm unhappy now cos you earn more than me". And we just had that conversation again. And it pretty much killed my mood.

Now, I totally get where they're coming from, I sympathise, and it's probably not fair that I got a raise without having to look for another job. But we've both been underpaid for years, and I would at least try to summon a "congratulations" or something.

I also acknowledge that I am probably mood-swinging and oversensitive and I should just suck it up and stop sitting in my room with the door shut and be a pleasant housemate. But yay, guilt trip. I'm going to feel bad if I go out there and dare to crack a cider open and watch the tennis with them (which I am interested in despite not being a bogan - holy shit that Nadal/Berdych match last night!).

Okie dokie, first-world-problem spoilt-brat whinge over. Continue with drunk postings and hilarity!

:D

:lol: I had not! I don't even know that show... And if I start nitpicking about the accuracy of the spoof when it comes to the character of The Doctor, I may just have to check myself in to the Gallifrey Home for Obsessive Whovians. :reject:

"ERADICATE".... :giggle:

It's from Community... my favourite show on television. Very funny and clever, they spoof a whole range of pop culture stuff in every ep. I have no idea how accurate this is, cos I've never seen two seconds of Doctor Who, but I thought it was funny.

It's from Community... my favourite show on television. Very funny and clever, they spoof a whole range of pop culture stuff in every ep. I have no idea how accurate this is, cos I've never seen two seconds of Doctor Who, but I thought it was funny.

Cobbler, Cobbler, Cobbler. Don't make me put you on the List of people I have to convert. :evil:

But that show sounds neat, I'll check it out if I get the chance.

My evening now consists of cider, popcorn (aka, my dinner), Doctor Who and the tennis score on the internet. And DYAC, cos it's good for what ails ya. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom