Cardiff Millennium Stadium - 22/8/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have one problem though: EVERY hotel and hostel and B&B in the whole city is booked up, and has been for weeks! I've been scanning for anything, to be able to stay in town after the show, but I haven't found anything. Does anyone know of anywhere to stay? Any advice or info would be much appreciated! Thank you

9 more days! :hyper:

I had the same problem but managed to find a room in the University Campus for £25. You can book the rooms through the Cardiff Tourist Information Centre..might be worth giving them a ring to see if they still have rooms available.

Just had this email from ticketbastard, same curfew as Wembley:

"Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

This is a courtesy email from Ticketmaster regarding the U2 event that is due to take place at Millennium Stadium.

The runtime for the event is as follows (please note all times are approximates and are subject to change):

Doors: 17:00
Support: 18:00 - 18:30
Glasvegas: 19:00 - 20:00
U2: 20:30
Curfew: 22:30

If you selected (or have been told) to collect your tickets, the box office will be open from 11:00 on the day of the event. We advise you to arrive as early as possible to avoid queues. Please take the card used at the time of booking and your Ticketmaster reference number with you as proof of purchase.

For details of event facilities, we suggest you visit the official venue website; Millennium Stadium : Home

Thank you for using Ticketmaster!"

I really wanted to go to this gig, gutted it's a couple of days after my exam results and awkwardly placed :| Oh well, if anyone needs a GA/knows someone that does... let me know asap :up:

anyone know the stadium? i've got block u7 tickets. cost a fortune and I'm worried I'm gonna be in the gods and away from the action....please tell me i'm wrong. i am bursting with excitement!!

anyone know the stadium? i've got block u7 tickets. cost a fortune and I'm worried I'm gonna be in the gods and away from the action....please tell me i'm wrong. i am bursting with excitement!!

as long as you are in one of the front rows of that block you should have a great seats

row 8! any good you reckon? I am like a kid waiting for christmas. this is ridiculous and great at the same time. see all 70,000 odd of you on sat!!!!

Welcome to interference evertonia, now i am assuming you are an evertonian? same as me ;), unfortunately i am getting the train down on the friday, i really hope you find someone to help.

Cheers mate, need cheering up after that defeat on Saturday.

Still looking for travel though. :sad:

I don't suppose anyone has a floor I can sleep on after the gig?
I've got a ticket for the show and everything, I just need somewhere to stay! Will happily split the cost of a hotel room just to sleep on the floor! I so badly wanna go.......:sad: Cardiff is full up and all that's left is wayyyyy too expensive for me!

For people struggling to find accommodation you might want to consider Newport, Bristol, Swansea or other places easily reachable by train. Cardiff station is right next to the stadium so you should be able to get on a train pretty easily.

Hi everyone - I can finally go to Cardiff, woohoo! Just debating whether seating or standing would be better? Does anyone have a preference or know any pros and cons? I'm not the tallest person in the world, so I don't wanna be unable to see anything lol but similarly don't wanna be in the gods and everything looks like a matchstick. But overall just so happy to be able to go! Any advice would be appreciated! thanks guys.

Anyone know of any decent pubs around the cardiff bay area? live music would be an added bonus (a U2 tribute band would be great), travelling up on the friday,

hard rock cafe i think had non stop u2 music last time (vertigo), and lots of fans were there. that was according to my friend anyway. any pub in westgate street will probably suffice however.

Where about is the hard rock cafe in cardiff? lol sorry my first time visting the city.

I don't suppose anyone has a floor I can sleep on after the gig?
I've got a ticket for the show and everything, I just need somewhere to stay! Will happily split the cost of a hotel room just to sleep on the floor! I so badly wanna go.......:sad: Cardiff is full up and all that's left is wayyyyy too expensive for me!

Don't know if you saw my earlier post but I booked a room at the University Campus for £25. You can book through the Cardiff Tourist Board..not sure if they have any rooms left but its worth a try!

:up: Thanks guys, i will be in the GA line saturday morning, was just thinking where to go friday evening (although it will not be a heavy one as i would like to be up and in line quite early)

Have already tried the University Accommodation - apparently they rented out their last room about 2 hours before I rang them! :( Will have a look at trains and see if I can find anything in a different city - thanks for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom