Caption Thread #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
04-11-26-Bono-SZ.jpg

:bono: *muttering to himself* One beachball, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine..........:hmm: I wonder how many more I can fit into my home :hmm:

cap4.jpg
cap3.jpg
cap.jpg
cap2.jpg

O MoFo G!!!!!!

:faint:

I've died and gone to heaven.

Your sig, LG!!

:combust:

It's :drool: x :drool:

How on earth are you gonna top that?

Don't you dare change it.
If you do, I'm afraid I'll have to become a premium member, steal it from you and pimp it!

Do you have bigger versions?

These so belong on the front page of www.u2captions.com!!!

Miringeltje said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Should that be the next gift to the boys? :wink: First the captions book and then t-shirts? :lol:

I could really see Edge wearing that H-chord t-shirt! :giggle:

LMFAO ladies - you're too kind. You're swelling my head up, I may not be able to fit into my computer room soon!

Um, do ya want bigger versions of the T-shirts? Along, of course, with some super hot studly models??? Oh well, sorry I couldn't get the studly models, these pasty white Irish guys'll have to do. :wink:

I need to clean them up a bit - I just wanted them to be thumbnail size but I s'pose they could get bigger (get your minds out of the gutters ya pervs!) if I really tried hard enough. (Seriously - minds out of the gutter!)

I'm so glad y'all like them so much. They were a bit of a pain in the arse to make. Edge was the hardest (OUT OF THE GUTTER!) because he was originally against a white background and I made it black for aesthetic reasons. Though I think he should be black and white like the others...but anyway when I changed the background to black he had a halo outlining his body, which looked kind of freaky IMO so I had to black that part out. Then Snapfish was a bear in getting these to be legible in a thumbnail size so I had to resize it a couple of times and stuff to get it just right - it's still a bit blurry for my taste so I'll redo them.

Anyway. Sorry for my rambling. Just wanted you to know they were kind of a pain to make. Bono and Edge especially. Edge because of his halo, and Bono - I originally wanted him to have red writing but it wasn't very legible. And it's still a bit blurry IMO.

Remember these are blurry when blown up to full size, k? But that's because Snapfish was being such a bear. I can make them sharper - give me a little while to work on it. I'm still feverishly working on the caption thread too, as you can tell from my location. It's getting really hot inside Bono's jacket pocket! (Well, hotter than usual anyway.)
34539%3B3923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A2%3C77%3A9%3Bot1lsi
34539%3B7523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A2%3C7929%3Aot1lsi

And of course, if these T-shirts go to print, they will be printed in sweatshop free factories. :yes:

Sorry to hear you had to go to so much trouble to get those pictures right, LG!

But the result is :drool:

They're absolutely HILARIOUS!

Be on the look out, by the way.
Some captions from me to follow soon.

b1895efe.jpg

:bono: : I'm so proud of myself today. I remembered to brush my teeth.

:edge: :larry: :adam: : But the big question is: did you remember to take a shower?

:bono: : Uh....I knew there was something else, but I forgot what.

237405900hj.jpg

:bono: : AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!
If one other person is going to ask me: "When are you gonna play MOFO?", I'm so gonna shave my hair off.

LG, the BPD is the best cap ever and I printed it out because...

do I tell you guys this...???

okay, okay. I've kept quite a few captions that were not in the first caption book (including all the gross ones) and of course printing out new ones...and I do have a ticket for the 11/22 show...and I was thinking...

but if anybody else wants to make up a book and present it to the boys, I'll move the hell out the way and let somebody else get some glory.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
And of course, if these T-shirts go to print, they will be printed in sweatshop free factories. :yes:

I'll be sure to get the second copy of the "H-chord lover" then! :D:up: We all know who gets the first copy... :wink:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:...do I feel a second cap-book comming along...? :hyper: :bow:

237405900hj.jpg

:bono: : Does this look familiar? Does it remind you of something?

baldbono.jpg

:bono: : Yeah, I know what you're thinking!!

And . . .

B starts removing the hoodie from his head.

6d832825.jpg

:bono: : It's SOOOOOOO not true!! :D
Gotcha good though, didn't I?
I bet you were scared there for a moment.

7f2a06a7.jpg

:bono: : But hey, just remember, I only kid, because I love :wink:

Last edited:
OMFG Cassandra - don't toy with me like that, woman! The thought of Bono seeing the PBD joke. :ohmy: (We really need a :die: smilie here. Maybe :faint: will work.)

My favorite line in the fine print is "Keep away from guitars" followed very closely by the beach ball warning, which the boys hopefully will get, because it references Meghan's cap about Larry - "I don't get it, we're at the beach, this is a ball...".

I think Edge will die laughing at the "Keep away from guitars" warning. I had him in mind when I wrote that.

If you can get that cap to them, I will muster up the courage to ask them if I'm lucky enough to meet them in Portland. I'll even corner Larry if I have to. :wink:

And MI!!! You rock, as always. :bow: Bono's hair does scare me a bit in those pics. But his smile in that last one - :cute:. <<sigh>> The thought of him shaving his head bald - makes me not want to ask him to sing Mofo now!!! :lmao:

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
And MI!!! You rock, as always. :bow: Bono's hair does scare me a bit in those pics. But his smile in that last one - :cute:.

<<sigh>> The thought of him shaving his head bald - makes me not want to ask him to sing Mofo now!!! :lmao:

Thank you for the compliment, LG!

And perhaps it's time for that idea you had!

I've got a few more caption ideas lined up.
But they'll have to wait till later.
Really gotta get back to work.

Last edited:
The Edge had a hard time deciding what to be for halloween this year:

He considered being Neo from the Matrix
ElevTheEdgeOSC8.jpg

thought about dressing up like Dolly Parton
ElevTheEdgeOSC1.jpg

Tiger Woods
ElevTheEdgeOSC48.jpg

Hulk Hogan
VertigoTheEdgeOSC132.jpg

or maybe 'The Fonz'
VertigoTheEdgeOSC131.jpg

Finally he decided to put on a pair of 'Crap sunglasses' and go as Bono :wink:
VertigoTheEdgeOSC220.jpg

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
LMFAO ladies - you're too kind. You're swelling my head up, I may not be able to fit into my computer room soon!

Um, do ya want bigger versions of the T-shirts? Along, of course, with some super hot studly models??? Oh well, sorry I couldn't get the studly models, these pasty white Irish guys'll have to do. :wink:

I need to clean them up a bit - I just wanted them to be thumbnail size but I s'pose they could get bigger (get your minds out of the gutters ya pervs!) if I really tried hard enough. (Seriously - minds out of the gutter!)

I'm so glad y'all like them so much. They were a bit of a pain in the arse to make. Edge was the hardest (OUT OF THE GUTTER!) because he was originally against a white background and I made it black for aesthetic reasons. Though I think he should be black and white like the others...but anyway when I changed the background to black he had a halo outlining his body, which looked kind of freaky IMO so I had to black that part out. Then Snapfish was a bear in getting these to be legible in a thumbnail size so I had to resize it a couple of times and stuff to get it just right - it's still a bit blurry for my taste so I'll redo them.

Anyway. Sorry for my rambling. Just wanted you to know they were kind of a pain to make. Bono and Edge especially. Edge because of his halo, and Bono - I originally wanted him to have red writing but it wasn't very legible. And it's still a bit blurry IMO.

Remember these are blurry when blown up to full size, k? But that's because Snapfish was being such a bear. I can make them sharper - give me a little while to work on it. I'm still feverishly working on the caption thread too, as you can tell from my location. It's getting really hot inside Bono's jacket pocket! (Well, hotter than usual anyway.)
34539%3B3923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A2%3C77%3A9%3Bot1lsi
34539%3B7523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A2%3C7929%3Aot1lsi

Brilliant, LG!!! :wink: :applaud:

I love it, Sad_Girl!! (and don't pay attention to Miringeltje...she's overloaded with work and u2captions...I'm sure it was an oversight that she called you Sag-Girl...) :wink:

Anyway the Dolly Parton one had me :lmao:. It's all awesome!!! :applaud:

Cassandra, you're going to have a really hard time just picking another hundred or so... If you could email me (or cc me when you email others telling them which of their caps made it) that would be grrrrreat, that way I can take small bites at a time from this thing. Assuming you'll do it again, anyway. Because you're sooooo freaking cool and all. :rockon:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
don't pay attention to Miringeltje...she's overloaded with work and u2captions...I'm sure it was an oversight that she called you Sag-Girl...) :wink:

Oops.

:eek:

Oversight indeed.
I'm so sorry, Sad_Girl.

Your caption was GREAT!!
Fitting in with Halloween and all.

I'll go hide in my box now.

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom