Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Ahh, right. The Wikipedia entry identifies the photo as 1977 and says Judd was gone by April. But since I knew about him shaving off his hair, I was a bit confused since I would have expected him to be bald if he were there. I mean, I knew he'd grown it back by Swingers, as I've seen the Counting The Beat video, but I thought he'd seen out his time in the Enz bald.

Mike Chunn looks so nerdy in that photo, by the way.

Tim looks like he's about to eat the photographer or something.
oooh hold on, there's a pic somewhere from when phil joined again in 78!

and mike chunn IS a nerd. notice he's the only one who wrote a book about his time with the band. mmm hmmm...NERD :tsk:

KhanadaRhodes said:
and mike chunn IS a nerd. notice he's the only one who wrote a book about his time with the band. mmm hmmm...NERD :tsk:

NERDS FOR THE WIN.

k here's the band in 78 when phil rejoined briefly:
2479355585_9f71be6611_o.jpg

guess which one is phil :tongue:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Nooooooooooooooo! :scream: I want my cookie cake and new camera and birthday sex!

Well, you should have been born on the 11th rather than the 13th! Way to hang around too long in the womb.

Axver said:
:lol:

I have no fucking clue who's who!
:lol: counter-clockwise:

phil judd, malcolm green (who got his suit stolen by phil and is wearing what one frenz member dubbed an "ill-advised beard"), noel crombie, nigel griggs, tim finn, eddie rayner, neil finn

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: counter-clockwise:

phil judd, malcolm green (who got his suit stolen by phil and is wearing what one frenz member dubbed an "ill-advised beard"), noel crombie, nigel griggs, tim finn, eddie rayner, neil finn

Malcolm looks hilarious there.

And I love how Phil's just avoiding the camera.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Dude, I was due on May 2nd. I did NOT want to leave. They finally made me :sad:

Nor did I, actually. I was meant to be 7 January. But I was lazy and didn't get my act together until 17 January.

Been lazy ever since too.

Axver said:
Malcolm looks hilarious there.

And I love how Phil's just avoiding the camera.
lol, i know.

and did i get that right? i get clockwise and counter-clockwise confused, which is sad. basically, phil is in the lower left, and i went in a circle from there. neil's in the lower right. i'm too tired to think either one sounds right :sad:

i need to go to bed

:wave: night peeps

Did I post in here? I'm confused, anyways,

I'm home, and alive.

And on my musically themed trip (that I may be writing about later) I made a discovery about an album that (to my embaressment) I did not previously own: I now agree, U2 madea huge mistake not making Rattle and Hum a double album

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol, i know.

and did i get that right? i get clockwise and counter-clockwise confused, which is sad. basically, phil is in the lower left, and i went in a circle from there. neil's in the lower right. i'm too tired to think either one sounds right :sad:

i need to go to bed

:wave: night peeps

Ooh, OK. I went from at the top, where the 12 would be, since you didn't say where you were starting!

Have a good night! :wave:

bono_212 said:
Did I post in here? I'm confused, anyways,

I'm home, and alive.

And on my musically themed trip (that I may be writing about later) I made a discovery about an album that (to my embaressment) I did not previously own: I now agree, U2 madea huge mistake not making Rattle and Hum a double album

Welcome back! :wave:

I think U2 should have released RAH as a live soundtrack to the movie, and then released a proper studio album. In my custom tracklistings, I call this studio album Dawn Changes Everything. And it has droolworthy musical content.

What else is on there? I realize Lovetown is most def. your area of expertise, I'm not so aware of b-sides, etc.

bono_212 said:
What else is on there? I realize Lovetown is most def. your area of expertise, I'm not so aware of b-sides, etc.

This is Dawn Changes Everything:

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. Dancing Barefoot
4. God Part II
5. When Love Comes To Town
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Heartland
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. All I Want Is You

You could also add Wild Irish Rose, but I hold onto it for Achtung, Love Rescue Me becomes a b-side, and I keep Hallelujah Here She Comes and A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel as b-sides. I wouldn't object to HHSC going on the album (say between Desire and Dancing Barefoot), but Heartbreak may just be the worst U2 song ever besides Elvis Ate America.

off of 55?

I was really out of it, and about that time, I may have been on the second playthrough of the Sister Act soundtrack....

Btw Axver, while on the road I developed an idea for my next DI thread. I love it, but it's a guaranteed loss :lol:

I'd feel bad entering it :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom