Buenos Aires III Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

Honestly, what disappoints me the most is that the highest placement for a song that I'd look forward to hearing no matter how many times I've heard it before is The Fly in equal 16th with nine plays. There are a few pretty good songs above it, like UTEOTW, but nothing I'd miss much if they dropped it or have a burning desire to hear again. But ah well, that's how it goes isn't it! No use expecting them to start playing One Tree Hill nightly, no matter how silly it may seem that I've heard seven performances of Elevation for every one of One Tree Hill.

I'd also give away a few of my heard songs for some rarities (I really didn't need the Vertigo overkill in 2005!!!), but I highly doubt I'll get to hear things like 11 o'clock or that ever again.

Tryin' to look at the glass half full, I'd say: Maybe it's a good thing they don't play some of these things every night on tour and dig'em out after a reallyreally long time. I don't know if I'd wet my pants every time I'd hear Bad (absolute favorite!) if they'd been playing it every night since mid 80's.

Don't know if this was from yesterday or today:

267205212.jpg

:lol:

Honestly, what disappoints me the most is that the highest placement for a song that I'd look forward to hearing no matter how many times I've heard it before is The Fly in equal 16th with nine plays. There are a few pretty good songs above it, like UTEOTW, but nothing I'd miss much if they dropped it or have a burning desire to hear again. But ah well, that's how it goes isn't it! No use expecting them to start playing One Tree Hill nightly, no matter how silly it may seem that I've heard seven performances of Elevation for every one of One Tree Hill.

Yeah, I can understand the staple status of a lot of older songs, even if I'm a bit tired of hearing them.

I just can't for the life of me understand why middle of the pack ATYCLB songs can't be pried out of the list with the jaws of life this tour.

According to tweets, the Argentine National Anthem is being heard over the PA (harmonica version). Wow, I was expecting another Soda Stereo song.

Tryin' to look at the glass half full, I'd say: Maybe it's a good thing they don't play some of these things every night on tour and dig'em out after a reallyreally long time. I don't know if I'd wet my pants every time I'd hear Bad (absolute favorite!) if they'd been playing it every night since mid 80's.

I heard The Fly at 9 out of 10 of my Vertigo concerts, and even at that ninth instance, I was still rocking the fuck out for it. I suppose if you have a personal attachment or special fondness to a song, you're going to dig it no matter what. I'd give my right leg if I could have heard One Tree Hill instead of Vertigo or Beautiful Day or even Streets at all U2 shows I've seen.

But it is true that the rarity of hearing songs like Bad, UF, One Tree Hill, Gloria, The Electric Co., etc. makes the few times I've heard them all the more special.

Just like La Plata II, "De Musica Ligera" by Soda Stereo is now being heard over the speakers. Love that song. Round III will start very soon :drool:

Same set except Pride will be in there and maybe one extra song in the middle.

Real Thing Opens

Back
Top Bottom