Brisbane Setlist & Watch Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AussieU2fanman said:

Was Bono well hydrated during the night? How many strings were on Edge's guitar? Where can I get some really small lithium batteries? Did the band play music? How was the assistant light director's performance? Have you seen my sanity lately? Axver, are u as sexy as you sound?

In order:

- Initially he wasn't. By Bullet, he was gasping for air. But during Miss Sarajevo, he sung "is it time for Guinness?" and a big keg was brought on stage for him.
- Edge played 211 different guitars. The least amount of strings was on the Explorer, just the one. The most was on the Telecaster, 3,902. Edge got a bit confused playing the Telecaster during Vertigo.
- Send me $100,000 and I'll sort you out.
- No. Bono read the phone book, Adam spoke about what it's like to have grey hair, Larry practiced his scowl in the mirror, and Edge made funny noises on his guitar while chirping like a cricket into Bono's microphone.
- Dreadful. He shone a spotlight on himself for the entire show.
- I last saw your sanity falling into an erupting volcano in Africa.
- I'm the sexiest setlistorian alive.

fullautoreverse said:
back from bris, burnt to a crisp, 70th in line at 6am. good setlist, walk on was murdered, bono forgot lyrics in most of the songs which was a bit dissapointing but oh well. kite was ok, not sure about it as a closer tho. fly was brilliant as was the saints, got some wicked pics, will post when developed. ended up on the rail inside the edges b-stage, great position. another sad thing was bono making very little eye contact with anyone through the whole show, when on the catwalks he seemed to be looking up at the sky and not focusing on anyone, edge and adam really got involved which was great anyways.

vocally he was THE BEST i have heard him in years, some of the high notes he belted out he held for ages with no faults whatsoever, 10/10 for the voice.

the crowd was pumped with a mexican wave that did about 6 laps of the entire stadium and forced arcade fires 'wake up', very cool indeed.

need sleep more tomorrow, and more from sydney over the next 5 days, cant wait!

i was around 75 in the que.... wtf......... which one were you? lol

i was running around in fly goggles (which bono now has), a billabong hat, an I heart NY t-shirt with a long sleve shirt over the top, pin striped shorts and black converse.....

and i disagree with you on the bono eye contact thing, i made eye contact with him on atleast 5 different occasions if not more.... he was having a great time and interacting heaps, atleast on the other arm where i was....

AussieU2fanman said:
3,092 strings? I wanted serious answers, let's not get silly :mad:

Are you accusing me of lying? :tsk:

3,092 strings is nothing anyway. Chris Martin played a 212,039 string guitar last night. But then again, Chris Martin DID invent music.

Thanks so much everyone for the great reports! Sounds like it was a fantastic show. I'm so glad the Australians finally got the concert you've been waiting for for so many years. :)

Axver said:

Are you accusing me of lying? :tsk:

3,092 strings is nothing anyway. Chris Martin played a 212,039 string guitar last night. But then again, Chris Martin DID invent music.

Nah he just stole U2's 3,092 string guitar and extrapolated it to 212,039 strings and shined it up a little. Thief!

haha how bizzare, i was the guy with the green cargo shirt, black pinstripe pants brown hair with blonde streaks, bit of a suntan..im 26

where you in line before or after the pregnant girl?

maybe we just missed out on edges side, he just didnt look at any of us inside the elipse/whatever

thinking about it all again, man his voice rocked hardcore...i just wish walk on was a closer and they nailed it 100%...maybe i should stop watching the boston elevation dvd lol..

haha! edit - cargo shirt, i repeat cargo shirt..
double edit, trashy spelling, im going to bed!

Last edited:
Axver said:

In order:

- Initially he wasn't. By Bullet, he was gasping for air. But during Miss Sarajevo, he sung "is it time for Guinness?" and a big keg was brought on stage for him.
- Edge played 211 different guitars. The least amount of strings was on the Explorer, just the one. The most was on the Telecaster, 3,902. Edge got a bit confused playing the Telecaster during Vertigo.
- Send me $100,000 and I'll sort you out.
- No. Bono read the phone book, Adam spoke about what it's like to have grey hair, Larry practiced his scowl in the mirror, and Edge made funny noises on his guitar while chirping like a cricket into Bono's microphone.
- Dreadful. He shone a spotlight on himself for the entire show.
- I last saw your sanity falling into an erupting volcano in Africa.
- I'm the sexiest setlistorian alive.

BRILLIANT! LOL...

AussieU2fanman said:
In all seriousness, how was the lineup at 5pm (which is the earliest time I can get there due to exams)?

Oh man, the line had swelled heaps by then. I got there at 2pm and I made it into the inner zone, though had I been 20-30 minutes later, I would have missed out. By 5pm ... wow, I don't think I've seen a line that long in my life.

I'd get seats if I were you.

And with that, I'm out for the night. :wave:

at 5pm a friend had missed the first 4000 into the front area but later managed to gain entry, they filled it chock a block...

wait near the gates into the elipse area if you miss out, security told us they fill it to a point and then allow extras in depending on space.

OK, one more post ...

fullautoreverse said:
they filled it chock a block...

No they didn't! Back where I was - a few rows back from the b-stage on Adam's side, on the white floor covering where it rose about an inch - there was HEAPS of room. We were very comfortable and I could dance around without hitting anyone. It looked really crowded between and around the b-stages, but if you hung back from them, it was really comfortable. We were surprised; we expected more to be let in.

fullautoreverse said:
haha how bizzare, i was the guy with the green cargo shirt, black pinstripe pants brown hair with blonde streaks, bit of a suntan..im 26

where you in line before or after the pregnant girl?

maybe we just missed out on edges side, he just didnt look at any of us inside the elipse/whatever

thinking about it all again, man his voice rocked hardcore...i just wish walk on was a closer and they nailed it 100%...maybe i should stop watching the boston elevation dvd lol..

haha! edit - cargo shirt, i repeat cargo shirt..
double edit, trashy spelling, im going to bed!

i was after the pregnant lady, about 6-7 back from her

While we are all here getting excited about the show in the Tour Forum, over there in the Album Has No Name Forum there are reports that Window in the Skies will be played on radio tomorrow :yes:

Hmm... it's so great to be a U2 fan these days ... :happy:

my mistake then andre, from where we were in the middle it was packed, thank god we had a rail spot..

my mate who arrived later and then gained entry into the front section tried her hardest to get to where we were, the crowd was just way too thick, she ended up hanging around near adams side, she said she still had a great view and enjoyed it anyways but hey, being in the elipse/testicles bit was what it was all about, worth the 6am line up, cant wait for GA at syd 2 to do it all again...

quadcaster said:

i was after the pregnant lady, about 6-7 back from her

where you there with your sister? your folks came and brought subway for lunch?! i was the person in front of you! did you go and watch them rehearse last night? and make those 'theres bono!' jokes?!

My wife emailed me after she got back fro the show. Apparently the free gift they gave her with the corporate ellipse tickets was pretty useful . . .

Oh the gift from the venue was a decent-sized journal with a U2 cover... and we had to carry them around :eek:| but I found a good use for it .. It gave me an extra inch and a half height :eek:) So I had a great view.

Can anyone who finds them please post YouTube threads here? I'm at work and can't go searching through the site for them. So glad you got a good concert although Walk On sounds like it was a mess (it just doesn't work live, the album version is really impossible to replicate.)

Its a good setlist. The only odd ball to me is Angel Of Harlem. I guess they think it fits with The Saints for some reason. I think I would rather see Kite in the middle of the setlist though and have Bad or All I Want Is You close the show. Those were the two best closers of the Vertigo tour to me. Could be worse, could be Vertigo X2! :laugh: :wink:

Good to see a few changes. Unfortunately it looks like the Aussies are going to miss one of the Vertigo tour highlights, Electric Co.

WOW :drool: I need more tickets!!

(Will post something more useful when I'va had sleep/recovered from sunstroke)

did Bono wore a Australian flag inside the jacket?... or is it just a gimmick that us Southamericans eat like there's no tomorrow? :wink:

BTW: STEVE IRWIN should appear on the ZooTV slots :angry:

Wow, that setlist looks great. Angel of Harlem would have gotten a "meh" from me, had I been there in person, but that's a small complaint. I can't believe they closed with Kite - awesome!

I have to admit I'm so bad at time zones and international date lines and whatnot that I had no clue this concert had already happened.

:reject:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom